Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Stupid question...

Go down 
+2
Von Kurst
Vagabond
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 13:19

...came to me last night. If I got two models with two hand weapons on them, but one of them holds his weapons in his both hands and the other one don't (for example: his sword is in his hand but his dagger is in his boot) does both of them have 2 attacks in close combat or just the first one?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 13:59

Whatever it was you ate, don't eat that anymore. Or perhaps drank. Laughing

I think you are asking about an extreme interpretation of WYSIWYG? The idea of WYSIWYG is that the model have a representation of its equipment. Thus if it is armed with a bow, a sword and a dagger those weapons are somewhere to be found on the model. What you are suggesting is a video game.

Or perhaps a Lego posable miniature combat game. Or magnetized models with different weapon options. Either way you are asking about something never envisioned by the folks who wrote Mordheim. Both models have their base attack and the attack for an extra weapon.

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 16:10

Unless you're playing with the jerkiest opponents, it is generally assumed that if the model has it on him somewhere, he can wield it.

Most groups are lenient enough that it doesn't have to be on your model (although, your model should be somewhat easy to distinguish... your sniper hero is the one with the ranged weapon, your hero with Strongman is carrying a big weapon, your swordsman has a sword on him somewhere, etc.)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 18:09

I think some groups play the what-you-see rule, but certainly we don't. Everybody has a free dagger, whether it is on the model or not!

I think it is a good idea to try to have models represent what they are carrying, when it affects game play. If you have a model carrying a big two-handed sword, it is a bit confusing to use it to represent a guy with two hand weapons (since there is such a big difference how those weapons behave in melee). But is I have a model with a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other and the warrior is actually fighting with sword and axe, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 20:26

So then, every warrior in Mordheim has two attacks, except the ones equipped with shields or double-handed weapons...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 21:02

Certainly every warrior who can carry weapons and has 2 functioning arms has 2 attacks except zombies, who have only 1 attack. Except for those using shields, bucklers, halberds, morning stars, spears or any other weapon that has a special rule like requires 2 hands or difficult to use.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 22:05

Vagabond wrote:
So then, every warrior in Mordheim has two attacks, except the ones equipped with shields or double-handed weapons...
Unless your group adds a house rule that you need a skill to be able to fight with two weapons at once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 0:47

Now it is point and clear to me! Oh, and I am big supporter of WYSIWYG rule tough my gaming group is not...
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 11:08

I feel for you. Happily, in my group we tend towards firmness on WYSIWYG with the usual leniency on starting games, warband testing, new heroes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid question...
Page 1 of 1