Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New player--first warband

Go down 
+8
Von Kurst
Lord 0
Moffe
mweaver
smokezombie
Soulblight
folketsfiende
Repeter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Montegue
Champion
Champion
Montegue

Trading Reputation : 0

New player--first warband - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 15:44

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Personally, I love swords (and occasionally bucklers) on Youngbloods. Their low WS means that opponents are hitting them on 3s instead of 4s... but the Parry just has to roll higher than the attacker's dice roll. Therefore, in some strange way, the youngbloods are better at parrying attacks than champions.

That's actually something that's always bugged me about the rules. I wonder if it would make more sense to base the parry roll on WS somehow.

Off the top of my head - what if the parry rule was "Roll a D6. If the number rolled is greater than 7 Minus the model's WS, you parry the attack". So, someone with a 2 WS would need a 6, but someone with a 5 would need a 3.
Back to top Go down
Repeter
Hero
Hero
Repeter

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 16:21

Hmm, I am very interested in Rabbit's Feet, but since I am a total newb to this game, I can't seem to find any comprehensive equipment lists. All I have really looked at is the main rulebook's list and I've read a few of the TCs on tabletopgeeks. If someone could provide a link or direct me to a place that has all the equipment listed, it would be much appreciated...

Also, I am such a newb that I don't even know what equipment or house rules my group is going with. I emailed one of the senior members, and hopefully he gets back to me soon (before next Tuesday anyway!).

It seems to me that a Lucky Charm is almost a bit too good--am I correct that once one buys it, it works once a game? Do I have to replace it once it is used?
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 16:46

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the parry rules. I love to parry but it gets hard. I mean if the guy rolls a 4 or 5 to hit me, it's hard to parry that. One of the house rules I used with a group was that parry makes the attacker re roll a die to hit.
Back to top Go down
Montegue
Champion
Champion
Montegue

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 17:13

flipchuck wrote:
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the parry rules. I love to parry but it gets hard. I mean if the guy rolls a 4 or 5 to hit me, it's hard to parry that. One of the house rules I used with a group was that parry makes the attacker re roll a die to hit.

That's not a bad rule at all.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 17:51

Repeter wrote:
If someone could provide a link or direct me to a place that has all the equipment listed, it would be much appreciated...
http://www.mordheimer.com/articles/master_equipment_list.htm

Repeter wrote:
It seems to me that a Lucky Charm is almost a bit too good--am I correct that once one buys it, it works once a game? Do I have to replace it once it is used?
You are correct - you buy it and then it works once per game. Note, however that it has been patched so that it will work only on a 4+.

There are a few things that you buy once and then don't go away even though you think they might. The most common mistakes are hunting arrows, healing herbs, fire bombs, and drugs. In fact, it was only after years of playing that we realised that drugs weren't one use only.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 21:52

Lord 0 wrote:
In fact, it was only after years of playing that we realised that drugs weren't one use only.

Where the heck did you read THAT? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 21:59

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Lord 0 wrote:
In fact, it was only after years of playing that we realised that drugs weren't one use only.

Where the heck did you read THAT? scratch
It's the fact that they don't say that they are one use only makes them usable for more then one game. Poisons are only one game use because it says so in the discretion.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011 - 22:06

Isn't there a whole thread about drugs and one use stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player--first warband   New player--first warband - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New player--first warband
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2