Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sabotage!
Youngblood
Youngblood
sabotage!

Trading Reputation : 0

Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Empty
PostSubject: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2011 - 23:47

Hello all! I'm currently working on a list for a Sylvanian Court warband (to represent a minor noble of Sylvania and his household). We also have a variety of other lists exclusive to the setting my group and I plan on working on.

Here's what I have at the moment (The Bastard Sword item we are thinking of making available to all human warbands). As contextual information, here are our house rules:
Dual-Wielding: -1 to hit with both weapons (We have a combat skill that can be taken to prevent this).
Armor: All armor (other than toughened leather), has it's save increased by one. In addition light armor provides a 6+ save versus serious injuries, and heavy a 5+ (though this does not apply to sold to the pits/ captured/ robbed, etc.)

That being said here we are:

Court of Sylvania

Sylvanian Wargear Lists:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Two-Handed Weapon 15 gc
Spear 10 gc
Halberd 10 gc
Bastard Sword 15 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Crossbow 25 gc
Armour:
Light Armor 20 (15 House Rules) gc
Heavy Armor 50 (38 House Rules) gc
Shield 5 gc
Buckler 5 gc
Helmet 10 (8 House Rules) gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc

Night watch List:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Longbow 15 gc
Crossbow 25 gc
Blunderbuss 30 gc
Armour:
Shield 5 gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc
Maximum warband size: 15
New Items:
Bastard Sword: A bastard sword (or a hand and a half sword) is a large blade which can be used one or two handed. At the start of each combat a combatant equipped with a bastard sword must choose how to use a bastard sword, single or two-handed. If used single handed it counts a sword for all purposes. If used two-handed it strikes with +1 strength and has parry. A warrior with the strongman skill may use a bastard sword with the two-handed benefits with one hand.

Heroes:
1 Sylvanian Baron
60 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 4 3 3 1 4 1 8
Skills: The Baron has access to all types of skills.
Experience: The Baron starts with 20 experience.
Equipment: May choose equipment from the Sylvanian wargear list.
Special Rules: Leader

0-1 Retainer 55 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Skills: A retainer has access to combat, strength, and academic skills.
Experience: A retainer starts with 8 experience.
Special Rules: Look out sir!: A Retainer is one of a Baron's most devout bannerman, and will willingly risk his life to protect his lord. If the Baron is hit in melee or by a ranged attack (after the to hit roll has been made, but before parries) and the Retainer is within 2" the Baron, the Retainer may make an initiative test. If passed the attack hits the Retainer instead (who may attempt to parry, dodge, etc.), and is worked out against him.
Resiliency to Injury: When a Baron journeys into Mordheim they only take the most durable and dependable as their bodyguards. When rolling for injuries on the serious injury table, a Retainer may reroll injuries once, but must keep the second result.

0-1 Necromancer 35 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Skills: A Necromancer may select academic and speed skills.
Experience: A Necromancer starts with 8 experience.
Equipment: May select from the Night Watch list, but may also buy spears at 10 gc.
Wizard
0-1 Master of the Watch 35 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Skills: A Master of the Watch may select combat, speed, and shooting skills.
Experience: A Master of the Watch starts with 4 experience.
Equipment: May select from the Night Watch List.
Special Rules: Hound Master: Hounds within 6" of the Master of the Watch may use his leadership
He's over there!: A Master of the Watch triples their initiative for spotting hidden models.

0-1 Lordling 15 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 6
Skills: A Lordling may select skills from the combat, shooting, and speed skills.
Experience: A Lordling starts with 0 experience.
Equipment: May select from the Sylvanian Wargear list.

Henchmen:
Blackguard 30 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

0-7 Night Watchman 30 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Equipment: May select from the Night Watch list.
He's over there!: A Night watchman triples their initiative for spotting hidden models.

Zombie 15 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 0 3 3 1 1 1 5
Equipment: Tooth and claw! Zombies may not use equipment.
Cause Fear: Zombies are terrifying creatures and therefore cause fear.
May not run: Zombies are slow undead creatures and may not run (though may charge as normal)
Immune to Psychology: Zombies are immune to psychology and never leave combat.
Immune to Poison: Zombies are not affected by any poison.
No Pain: Zombies treat a stunned result as knocked down. No Brain: Zombies do not gain experience.

0-5 Warhounds 15 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
6 4 0 4 3 1 4 1 5
Equipment: Teeth! Warhounds may not use equipment.
Animal: Warhounds do not gain experience.

All feedback is much appreciated![b]

Last edited by sabotage! on Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 0:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed wizard rule on Necromancer)
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 0:44

Awesome! If you've never read the Letters of the Damned, Brahm wrote the foundation to a Sylvania campaign setting. If you ARE running a Sylvania setting, I also added a few rules of my own when we ran it with my group (not on my site yet, it's still a little rough.)

I find it odd that you have some zombies and necromancer, but no vampire... I generally associate "sylvan lord" with vampire... not to say that he has to be as strong as the Undead leader, but it could.

My recommendation is that you look at the "Army of Sylvania" armry variant from the Scourge of Chaos setting. Not much to give you, but it adds a certain flavor. When in doubt, undead or living, you need to have a feel of inequality - there are the lords, who have everything- everyone else is a lowly peasant. Ergo, most of the heroes will have high stats, most of the henchman have low stats and/or aren't allowed to become heroes.

Heroes - I have a pet-peeve against warbands that have 4 or 5 heroes, each 0-1. To me, it seems scattered.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 0:50

Interesting combination of undead and human warriors. My comments are:
1. They are all human (other than the zombies and dogs) right? I like the idea of humans dabbling in necromancy for a warband rather than a purely supernatural group.
2. I really like the Retainer!
3. I am not sure that forcing a set of five different heroes would be the best. What about the retainer, necromancer and master of the watch all fill the same slot that is 0-2 and then have 0-2 for Lordlings? This would give the warband 2 champion types and then 2 youngblood types, which is a fairly common set up.
4. Please ignore comment number three if other warbands in your setting use a 3+ champion level hero set up. Balance is important for your setting more than other settings!!!
5. What models do you plan on using for the humans? Do you have any pictures?
Back to top Go down
sabotage!
Youngblood
Youngblood
sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 2:55

Thanks for the feedback gents!

@Styrofoamking

Yep! We are using the LOD setting as the basis, though we will probably be adding a bit. I can definitely see where you are coming from with the Vampire. I think it may just stem from different views of Slyvania (I had once worked on a Army of Sylvania list, but scrapped it, deciding I didn't want to spend more funds on fantasy, haha : ). My impression of Sylvania from the fluff I have read is that the ruling family (The Von Carsteins is this setting) were vampires, along with a few major nobles they had turned, but the majjority of their minor rulers were still human (some not even aware their lord is a vampire!).

I definitely agree with the idea of a large discrepancy between the ruling class and the commoners, and I like the idea of henchmen not being able to advance (or at least most of them). And I also could see your peeve with the format, it seems a bit disjointed to me also, and I may go with Balrog's suggestion.

@Balrog
1. Yes indeed! Other than the zombies and dogs all models are human.
2. Thanks! I thought a noble, however minor, would not go into combat without a bodyguard, and I stole a bit from fantasy and a bit from necromunda, and I like to think it turned out pretty cool.
3. I think that's a good idea, and when I get to my personal PC, I'll definitely change that. It seems Styrofoam king had the same idea, and you two bring up a good point, it is disjointed.
5. I plan to use the warmachine model first to the right from the middle of the picture for the noble. http://privateerpress.com/files/products/khador/units/kayazy-assassin-unit.png

For the Retainer I plan on using the greatsword kit with the sallet helmet and brevet to create a full helm look, and then use pieces to make him look as armored as possible.

For the Necromancer I would like a plague doctor figure. I really like this one, but it's so expensive, so I may just convert from the WHFB wizard kit and us some Green stuff for the mask.
http://www.brother-vinni.com/gallery/28mm/m28plague.jpg

Lordlings I am thinking about converting Cawdor juves (from necromunda) to have medieval weapons.

For the human henchmen, I'm thinking of going with Brettonian men at arms and peasant bowmen for more of a dark, medieval/ poor feel.

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 6:09

Oh, I forgot to mention, the Bastard sword looks great. I would, however, raise the price to 20gc. (It's a halberd [10] plus a sword [10]). If you're not convinced, the +1 strength with strongman is DEFINITELY enough to justify raising it to 20. (with strongman, it's a Morning star that parries and can be used with a second weapon other than a shield.) Which brings up a possible idea - as a nerf, maybe it can be used two handed or used one handed with shield?

If you're making it available to other warbands, you need to specify a) whether or not it can be used with Expert swordsman, and b) do you need Weapons Master to use it, or does anyone with access to sword and halberd able to use it? (if yes, then add that as a special rule).

Heroes - let's trim it down some -
Merge Retainer & Master - or, better still, cut the Master. That gives you:

1 Lord
0-1 Monk - lower stats than the Undead necromancer, but he can cast necro spells AND has the "reroll one serious injury" roll. He's the Rasputin of the group
0-3 Retainers - ditch the reroll, but keep the WS 4 and "Look Out Sire!" rule. Of course, only one look-out attempt can be made each turn.

You end up with 4 strong heroes, and one great support guy. Stronger than the default heroes, but not quite broken.

To balance things out:
Blackguard - drop WS to 3, cost to 25. Base warriors.
Zombies - not bad, but I think skeletons would be neater. To me, a noble lord equals neatness and sophistication. He doesn't want an anonymous rotting corpse that will fall apart in days, he wants a venerated warrior that he can call upon again and again. As an alt, maybe you can summon 0-2 or 3 Romb Guardians...

0-2 Tomb Guardians
30 gold crowns to hire
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Guard 4 3 2 4 3 1 3 1 5
Weapons and armour: Tomb Guards may have equipment from the Undead Equipment list.
SPECIAL RULES
Undead: The Tomb Guards are undead and follow all rules for the Undead.
Brainless: can't gain experience.

Thus, you have a powerful undead unit that cannot get any stronger. The Monk isn't a good enough sorceror to raise legions of the dead, but he can awake some pre-enchanted warriors that have served the family well for generations.

Warhounds - these work fine. Part of me wants to see Militia members, though... scared serfs under the lord, forced into conscription. If you go with tomb guardians instead of zombies or skels, definitely use these guys instead of dogs. They can gain exp, but can never become heroes.

Back to top Go down
sabotage!
Youngblood
Youngblood
sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 11:24

Thanks for the feedback King! I took a look at your article on how to make a warband and it's definitely helpful (I only have a few years of Mordheim under my belt, and while I've been playing 40k for about ten years, I didn't touch Fantasy until 7th).

I switched the Bastard Sword around to your recommendations, I definitely agree with them. Though I don't think a rule similar to the Morning Star's unwieldy rule is necessary, I think it should definitely not benefit from Expert Swordsman.

I like the Retainer quite a bit as he is (I also felt three might be a bit much in terms of being over-powered), but I also really like the idea of an Evil Monk (it kind of reminds me of the Witch Hunter books black library put out), especially a Rasputin one who just won't die. I worked up a rule for it, but I'm not sure how balanced it is. I would appreciate if you'd take a look very much!

I decided to drop Lordlings entirely and add a new type of character: Torturer. They serve like the Baron's enforcers, and have a rule of how they interact with Serfs. I figure what evil lord would be complete without a few torturers and sociopathic ruffians to do his dirty work.

As per your advice I decided to include some skeletons, as I would agree about a noble being more prone to sophistication. I did think adding the Tomb Guardians may be a bit too powerful however, so I went for generic skeletons.

I really liked your idea about some serfs who are being forced into battle (by the torturers), and felt it would really fit the theme of "have" and "have-nots"

So, that all being said, here is the revised list! All feedback is welcome!

Court of Sylvania

Sylvanian Wargear Lists:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Two-Handed Weapon 15 gc
Spear 10 gc
Halberd 10 gc
Bastard Sword 20 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Crossbow 25 gc
Armour:
Shield 5 gc
Buckler 5 gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc

Night watch List:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Longbow 15 gc
Crossbow 25 gc
Blunderbuss 30 gc
Armour:
Shield 5 gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc

Serf List:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Spear 10 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Armour:
Shield 5 gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc

New Items:
Bastard Sword: A bastard sword (or a hand and a half sword) is a large blade which can be used one or two handed.
-Sword Styles: At the start of each combat a combatant equipped with a bastard sword must choose how to use a bastard sword, single or two-handed. If used single handed it counts a sword for all purposes. If used two-handed it strikes with +1 strength and has parry. A warrior with the Strongman skill may use a bastard sword with the two-handed benefits with one hand. This item does not benefit from the Expert Swordsman skill, as it is too heavy for deft strikes.
- Equipment Access: All warband gear lists with access to all three of the following weapons: swords, two-hand weapons, and halberds, may use this item and have access to it.
Heroes:
1 Sylvanian Baron 60 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 4 3 3 1 4 1 8
0-1 Retainer 55 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Special Rules: Look out sir!: A Retainer is one of a Baron's most devout bannerman, and will willingly risk his life to protect his lord. If the Baron is hit in melee or by a ranged attack (after the to hit roll has been made, but before parries) and the Retainer is within 2" the Baron, the Retainer may make an initiative test. If passed the attack hits the Retainer instead (who may attempt to parry, dodge, etc.), and is worked out against him.
Resiliency to Injury: When a Baron journeys into Mordheim they only take the most durable and dependable as their bodyguards. When rolling for injuries on the serious injury table, a Retainer may reroll injuries once, but must keep the second result.

0-1 Corrupted Monk 35 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 7
Skills: A Corrupted Monk may select academic and speed skills.
Experience: A Corrupted Monk starts with 8 experience.
Equipment: May select from the Night Watch list, but may also buy spears at 10 gc.
Wizard: A Corrupted monk has access to Necromancy spells.
Age-Old Evil: Corrupted monks are part of the subversive Von Carstein plan to convert humans to their cause, and many have been allies for centuries, kept alive by only the foulest rituals. When this model rolls a dead result on the serious injury table other than double ones, treat the result as multiple injuries instead. If this model is taken Out of Action by a model with a blessed weapon or a Priest of Morr, do not roll on the serious injury table, it is automatically removed from your roster. If a Priest a Sigmar takes this model out of action, roll twice on the serious injury table (treating all dead results as dead), and pick the lower result.
0-2 Torturer 25 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Skills: A Torturer may select skills from the combat, shooting, and speed skills.
Experience: A Torturer starts with 4 experience.
Hand of the Tyrant: Sylvanian Barons often use their Torturers as their enforcers and to instill fear into their subjects. All Serfs within 6" of Torturers must use the Torturers leadership. If the serf fails a charge due to failing a fear test and a Torturer is in line of sight, take note of this. At the end of the game all Serfs who failed charges due to failing a fear test roll as if they were taken out of action. If they are killed you may redistribute their equipment.

Henchmen:
Blackguard 25 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
0-7 Night Watchman 30 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Equipment: May select from the Night Watch list.
He's over there!: A Night watchman triples their initiative for spotting hidden models.
0-6 Skeletons 20 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 5
Equipment: Skeletons can use equipment from the Sylvanian Wargear list.
Cause Fear: Skeletons are terrifying creatures and therefore cause fear.
May not run: Skeletons are slow undead creatures and may not run (though may charge as normal)
Immune to Psychology: Skeletons are immune to psychology and never leave combat.
Immune to Poison: Skeletons are not affected by any poison.
No Pain: Skeletons treat a stunned result as knocked down.
No Brain: Skeletons do not gain experience.
Serf 15 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 5
Equipment: Serfs may use equipment from the serf equipment list.
Expendable: For purposes of Rout tests, losing a serf counts as half a model.
Status Quo: While serfs can gain experience, they can never become a hero through "The Lad's got Talent."

Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 14:39

Looks great. I suggest you drop either the Black Guard or the Watchmen, though, as they're kinda similar. I know the watch has access to the blunderbuss, but other than that, they're pretty similar.

Or maybe you go back to your old idea... make the guards 30-35 gc, give them the "he's over there", and ws4. Make them limited (0-5 probably, as you have some strong heroes). That way you have 3 types:

0-5 Strong personal guard (use the name Black guard, it sounds neat)
0-6 skeletons (no exp)
0+ serfs -can't become heroes. If you want, you can also use the Goblin rule- if they roll That lad's got talent, a member of the henchmen group is eliminated!
Back to top Go down
sabotage!
Youngblood
Youngblood
sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 15:45

Thanks for your help King! It has gone a long way to make this list ready for some play-testing, and is much appreciated!

I changed up the Serf rule to your suggestion, as I think the Baron would like to make an example of the Serf! I also dropped the Nightwatch group and made the Black guard a bit stronger by upping their WS and giving them the night watch rule.

Is the final pre-playtest list (looks like I'll get some playtesting in tonight too!) in case anyone would like to give it a shot (and again feedback is appreciated!)
Court of Sylvania

Sylvanian Wargear Lists:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Two-Handed Weapon 15 gc
Spear 10 gc
Halberd 10 gc
Bastard Sword 20 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Longbow 15 gc
Crossbow 25 gc
Armour:
Shield 5 gc
Buckler 5 gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc

Corrupted Monk List:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Sword 10 gc
Spear 10 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Serf List:
Hand-to-Hand Weapons:
Dagger 1st free/ 2 gc
Mace/Hammer 3 gc
Axe 5 gc
Spear 10 gc
Missile Weapons:
Bow 10 gc
Armour:
Shield 5 gc
Toughened Leathers 5 gc

New Items:
Bastard Sword: A bastard sword (or a hand and a half sword) is a large blade which can be used one or two handed.
-Sword Styles: At the start of each combat a combatant equipped with a bastard sword must choose how to use a bastard sword, single or two-handed. If used single handed it counts a sword for all purposes. If used two-handed it strikes with +1 strength and has parry. A warrior with the Strongman skill may use a bastard sword with the two-handed benefits with one hand. This item does not benefit from the Expert Swordsman skill, as it is too heavy for deft strikes.
- Equipment Access: All warband gear lists with access to all three of the following weapons: swords, two-hand weapons, and halberds, may use this item and have access to it.
Heroes:
1 Sylvanian Baron 60 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 4 3 3 1 4 1 8
0-1 Retainer 55 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

0-1 Corrupted Monk 35 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 7
Skills: A Corrupted Monk may select academic and speed skills.
Experience: A Corrupted Monk starts with 8 experience.
Equipment: May select from the Corrupted Monk list.
Wizard: A Corrupted monk has access to Necromancy spells.
Age-Old Evil: Corrupted monks are part of the subversive Von Carstein plan to convert humans to their cause, and many have been allies for centuries, kept alive by only the foulest rituals. When this model rolls a dead result on the serious injury table other than double ones, treat the result as multiple injuries instead. If this model is taken Out of Action by a model with a blessed weapon or a Priest of Morr, do not roll on the serious injury table, it is automatically removed from your roster. If a Priest a Sigmar takes this model out of action, roll twice on the serious injury table (treating all dead results as dead), and pick the lower result.
.0-2 Torturer 25 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7
Skills: A Torturer may select skills from the combat, shooting, and speed skills.
Experience: A Torturer starts with 4 experience.
Equipment: May select from the Sylvanian Wargear lis May also purchase steel whips for 10 gc. It has the following profile. Range: Melee, Strength: As User, Special Rules: Cannot be parried. Strike first: A model that charges with a steel chain always strikes first, even before spears!
Hand of the Tyrant: Sylvanian Barons often use their Torturers as their enforcers and to instill fear into their subjects. All Serfs within 6" of Torturers must use the Torturers leadership. If the serf fails a charge due to failing a fear test and a Torturer is in line of sight, take note of this. At the end of the game all Serfs who failed charges due to failing a fear test roll as if they were taken out of action. If they are killed you may redistribute their equipment.

Henchmen:
0-5 Blackguard 35 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

0-6 Skeletons 20 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 5
Equipment: Skeletons can use equipment from the Sylvanian Wargear list.
Cause Fear: Skeletons are terrifying creatures and therefore cause fear.
May not run: Skeletons are slow undead creatures and may not run (though may charge as normal)
Immune to Psychology: Skeletons are immune to psychology and never leave combat.
Immune to Poison: Skeletons are not affected by any poison.
No Pain: Skeletons treat a stunned result as knocked down.
No Brain: Skeletons do not gain experience.
Serf 15 gc
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 5
Equipment: Serfs may use equipment from the serf equipment list.
Expendable: For purposes of Rout tests, losing a serf counts as half a model.
Status Quo: While serfs can gain experience, they can never become a hero through "The Lad's got Talent." In fact, for speaking up against his masters, a member of the group is eliminated from your roster, just to make an example of!
Not the lashing!: Models equipped with whips cause fear in serfs.

Last edited by sabotage! on Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 18:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incorporated Balrog's ideas!)
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 17:14

Give the torturers whips or steel whips!

Also an idea that may just be silly, what is Serfs suffered fear from any model with a whip?
Back to top Go down
sabotage!
Youngblood
Youngblood
sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 18:58

Great idea Balrog! Definitely adds a bit more flavor, which never hurts! I did tone down the rules for steel whips however (and used those that our group plays with, as we think the normal ones are too good!). I edited the list to include them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)   Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Court of Sylvania (A Sylvania setting warband)
Page 1 of 1