Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hunting Rifle

Go down 
+2
Aldhick
Triumph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triumph
Youngblood
Youngblood
Triumph

Trading Reputation : 0

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 12:40

I was looking through the Averland Mercenaries list, they've got a 200GC hunting rifle listed. Is that supposed to be a Hochland long rifle?
Back to top Go down
Aldhick
Veteran
Veteran
Aldhick

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:40

IMO yes
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:43

Beat me to it. Another yes. At some point the Hochland Long Rilfle started to become the Hunting Rifle in equipment lists. Just keeping us on our toes.
Back to top Go down
Triumph
Youngblood
Youngblood
Triumph

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:49

From what I can tell it's also a common item for them then? O_o

Seems weird a 200gc item is common.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:55

The listing is like any other mercenary warband's starting equipement list. A warband may buy a rare item at start without searching, etc. After the first game they must buy from the trading chart and the warband's equipment list becomes a guide of what they may use. See the main rule book.

Some warbands may buy rare equipment at a discount to start, some have decreased rarity as a special rule, etc. It just depends on the warband.
Back to top Go down
Triumph
Youngblood
Youngblood
Triumph

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:07

That would then make my Dark Elf repeater crossbows, signature weapon of the Druichi.... rare weapons.

Lame.

Which means I've been buying them wrong all this time.

Also lame.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:14

Yes it would. Not too many campaigns set in Naggaroth or whatever its called, so the repearter is always rare.
Back to top Go down
Triumph
Youngblood
Youngblood
Triumph

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:16

I figured they'd be resupplying through a DE supply line when bringing in new recruits, because shopping from local vendors makes no sense. They'd be more likely to simply torture the peddler and steal all his stuff.

Great, so now every corsair I hire turns out to be an idiot who left his bow back in naggaroth, and I have hunt down a new one for him.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:34

And High Elves leave their bows and Dwarfs leave their armor and axes. Orcs use what the humies gots! Hunting Rifle 387809
Back to top Go down
Triumph
Youngblood
Youngblood
Triumph

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:36

Indeed, it's all rather stupid.

Although for my DE, it's even worse. They're being built to be shooty, and they can't even access common bows while I wait for my heroes to search for replacements (and if they're searching they're not making dark venom... ugh).

Which probably means I'm going to have to start off with a cheap 3 man kit hoard warband style.

Last edited by Triumph on Thu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 14:39

hmm. I'm more inclined to agree with Tiumphs way of playing here

Quote :
I figured they'd be resupplying through a DE supply line when bringing in new recruits, because shopping from local vendors makes no sense. They'd be more likely to simply torture the peddler and steal all his stuff.

we play in the same way.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 15:08

Oh, whine whine whine. A repeater is rare 8, for crying out loud. You'll find one 41% of the time. Hardly a big enough reason to rewrite the rules.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 15:16

It depends on the level of crazy you like. We used to use the henchman or new hero method of resuplying/buying rares and then we got called on it by a new player and tried the by the book method. Its worked out pretty well.

Dark Elves can be a monster hand to hand warband. Or they can be shooty. All you have to do is search, which isn't all that hard.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 15:35

Quote :
Oh, whine whine whine. A repeater is rare 8, for crying out loud.
Haha! This is true. It's a (very very good ) game and should, above all things, be fun.

... it's just that I've ben trying for so long to find that blunderbus and it just enver seems to be in stock Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Triumph
Youngblood
Youngblood
Triumph

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 16:11

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Oh, whine whine whine. A repeater is rare 8, for crying out loud. You'll find one 41% of the time. Hardly a big enough reason to rewrite the rules.

I didn't say I was rewriting the rules. We'd been playing it wrong because common sense had us assuming it was different.

And on shooty DE, if you're searching you're losing out on poison regardless on whether or not you find the kit you need. Which means you can go into a battle down on poison, the bow you needed, and new warband members because your heroes buggered up their search roles.

Unlike the HE, Dwarf examples of leaving your kit at home, DE don't have the common item equivilant to tide them over while they wait.

I'm not saying rewrite the rules, I'm just saying when you're trying to build a shooty DE warband failed search roles are a hell of alot more problematic than usual.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 17:16

I would point out that the Dark Elves and High Elves are not 'official' warbands, which is why there may be problems playing with or against them. They are add ons, not covered by the original rules so you takes your chances when you add them to a campaign.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011 - 2:21

Actually, it makes sense to me that after creation, any warband would have just as much trouble locating a rare item as any other warband. If a merchant has a repeating crossbow, why would a dark elf be more likely to spot it first than a Reiklander?

The care-package-from-home idea does have some merit. For some years now one of our house rules has been if you are searching for a rare item that was on your original kit list, you gain a +1 on the search roll. That bonus is intended to represent the fact that Mom might have sent a RXB along with those cookies in the package EDS* just delivered.

*Empire Delivery Service
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011 - 12:07

Quote :
Mom might have sent a RXB along with those cookies in the package EDS* just delivered.
That conjures up a nice image for me, she would probably hide the poison in the cookies. Laughing
So, say perhaps after x number of games a merc wants to hire another marksman with a blundebus or some pistols than they would have to roll to see if they had them?
I guess we have unofficially house ruled that we don't when hiring a new member of the warband after creation. A bit like the leader saying " Hey look! That fella has a blunderbuss and a crosbow.Lets hire him!" as oposed to. " Hey guys, lets hire that marksman and buy him a crosbow, a blunderbus too if we can find it."
I guess we all play a little different, whatever makes you happy and the game fun is right for you.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011 - 12:37

Don't have gun, will travel.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

Hunting Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Rifle   Hunting Rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Rifle
Page 1 of 1