Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wyrd Bowl!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 23:42

Scenario: Wyrd Bowl! by Jordan "Balrog The Buff" Hampton and TBMF People!

You and another warband have made a truce long enough to find one of the largest purest chunks of Wyrdstone either warband has ever seen. As you stand around the treasure gawking both sides become overwhelmed with greed (insert Piety, Boredom etc. whatever it takes) and weapons get drawn...

TERRAIN
4'x4' table is intended. If this becomes too easy use a 4'x6' table with the short sides being the goals. The middle of the table needs at least a1' round clearing with nothing more than low cover. (Cemetaries would probably work well, or a courtyard with a well in the center). Divide the table into halves. Roll randomly to determine which warband 'gets' which side.

SET UP
Place a large Wyrdstone Chunk in the middle of the table. Set up at least half of each warband (rounded up) within 6" but at least 1" away from the Wyrdstone Chunk. Place each Leader in the middle 1" away from the Wyrdstone. The other models may be placed anywhere in your half of the board, but not within 6" of the Wyrdstone Chunk or an enemy model.

SPECIAL RULES
Get them Lads!: The first full turn of the game only the two Leaders may do anything. No stupidity, or other similar rolls are made by any other model.

Greed: Any non-animal model within 4" of the Wyrdstone Chunk are Immune to Fear. This includes models wishing to charge a model within 4" of the Chunk. Rout tests are ignored for this scenario! You may still voluntarily rout, but you must lose 1 more model than usual.

Heavy: The Chunk is huge! It takes up a hand to carry. This does not affect Reloading or climbing as Mordheim teaches you to do some crazy things with your hands full! If the model carrying the chunk is taken OOA the Chunk bounces as below.

"Here Catch!" A model may throw the Wyrdstone Chunk a number of inches equal to their Strength stat. If the model moves add 1" to the distance. If the model runs add D3" but subtract 1 from the model's BS for throwing. A model must roll to hit the recieving model as if throwing a knife. If the to hit is failed then the Chunk bounces D3" away from the intended target in a random direction. If it stops on a model they may pick it up immediately.

"Oi Ketch!" A model may throw the Chunk at an enemy if they so choose. This uses the same rules as above for range, but is S+1 hit with +1 to the target's Armor Save. This attack has Concussion and counts as a magical attack due to the magical nature of Wyrdstone. The Chunk then scatters as above. If the attack misses the target may pass an Initiative Test to catch the Chunk, if failed the Chunk scatters as normal.

ENDING THE GAME
The game is over when a Warband gets the Chunk off the opposite table edge to where they started.

EXPERIENCE
+1 Survives. If a Hero or a Henchman group survives the battle they gain +1 Experience.
+1 Winning Leader. The leader of the winning warband gains +1 Experience.
+1 Per Enemy Out of Action. Any Hero earns +1 Experience for each enemy he puts out of action.
+2 Carrying the Chunk off the table
+1 Taking the model carrying the Chunk OOA
+1 Taking a model OOA by throwing the Chunk at them: this is in addition to any other exp gains

POST GAME
The Winning warband is able to sell the Giant Chunk of Wyrdstone for 100 gc!
However the model that carries the table must pass a T test or miss the next game due to the harsh effects of that much Wyrdstone! (Should I allow them to volunarily fail this test, but gain a mutation at normal cost?)

Designer's Notes: I wanted this to be a all out brawl over the Chunk. Please give any feedback as I want this to be a fun silly scenario! Is 100 gc too much? Too little?
Back to top Go down
DRD1812
Warlord
Warlord
DRD1812

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 23:43

That didn't take long. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011 - 23:57

That's what Lunch breaks are for! Plus you gave me a challenge, which makes me think and focus. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 18:25

Thinking any Large model (other than animals and mounted models) should gain the Throw Enemy skill being tossed around on the forums recently.

I lhad totally forgotten about this. I think it could work well as an intro game for new players just joining a campaign or for veteran players who are noticably behind the curve in money. Allows a very bloody way to catch up.

High Risk, High Reward.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 18:57

Doubt it's any help, but I wrote my own BB scenario a while ago. Feel free to borrow any rules if it suits you!

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t4603-wee-war-backyard-blood-bowl-scenario
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jan 2012 - 18:12

Sounds like great fun I will give it a try in a one off game see how much damage gets done. My Estalians are the worst shots I have ever come across so I might add some rules for kicking and dribbling it as we all know how good the Estalians are at football (soccer).

Now for the ex blood bowl player hired sword...
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan 2012 - 19:13

oooh~ Washed up Blood Bowl Player HS! Immune to fear and uses the Centaur drunken chart!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wyrd Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wyrd Bowl!   Wyrd Bowl! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wyrd Bowl!
Page 1 of 1