Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)

Go down 
+4
smokezombie
Saranor
Murray145
Ordo Septenarius
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Empty
PostSubject: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 19:40

Quick question:

The original Beastman Warband in TC had a skill that allowed a hero to use a 2-handed weapon as a hand weapon.

This rule is not present in the PDF on Tabletopgeeks. However, in my copy of Empire in Flames, it is present.

Is this skill legit, or rather, still in existence?

Back to top Go down
Murray145
Veteran
Veteran
Murray145

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 19:48

If its in EiF then its a legit skill.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeWed 27 Apr 2011 - 20:02

it is not correct anymore. There were an errata for it, that the skill "shaggy hide" is a armor skill and not for 2-handed weapons in only 1 hand...
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011 - 15:28

This is sadly true Crying or Very sad I only found out after I chose tht skill and converted a mini. Beastman are still a rock hard warband and lots of fun to play with.
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011 - 20:05

I am about 50% done painting the warband; I really wish I had known this beforehand, but thanks again, everyone — the two-handed weapon usable one-handed was something I found really attractive about this particular warband.

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011 - 20:16

I never noticed the change myself. I think the copy we used still has the 2HW version of the rule. I will probably house rule that it still may be used. It is just awesome seeing a large burly Bestigor with two greataxes rampaging around! When combined with strongman it can be very powerful, but a skill and 15 gold for an extra attack doesn't seem that bad, even with a 2H weapon.

I would say if your group is ok house rule it back. Especially if you have a cool conversion in the works!
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 20:22

I don't think it's terribly unbalanced, so if your group is OK with it then go ahead. It is a pretty powerful skill, especially in conjunction with Strongman, but by the time you get him to that point there's a fair chance that other warbands will also have powerful melee heroes, or excellent shooters, to counter him.

Conversely, if you guys are playing with some of the optional armor rules (like reduced price, or increased save for shields in melee), or if you guys tend to invest in armor anyways, then the +1 armor bonus becomes pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 21:01

I would love to keep this rule, my main opponent won't have it tho, he feels beastmen are broken and far far too powerfull.
If you had a gor with LGT after the second game he could gain a skill and you could end up with a WS4 T4 M5 S5 hero with two attacks.. two more games and he could even be a strongman... and he would still only have 4ex.... lots of ifs but could happen, by as soon as the third game.
Try to house rule tho... it's allways worth a try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 21:11

It should be obvious from the name of the skill that there's been a C'n'P error.

I think the 6+ save is great, combine with armour and/or shield and you suddenly get quite hard to shift with WS4 and T4.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 21:27

What other skill allows a 2HW to be in one hand? Did I forget one? I assumed Shaggy Hide was a status of strength and bulk. I thought I remembered that shaggy hide and large horns equaled status for beastmen.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 23:10

When first printed the skill used to be called "Massive Strength" or something and allowed you to use a double-handed weapon in one hand. They then decided that "Shaggy Hide" that gave you +1 to your armour value would be a better skill, but managed to only change the name and not the skill description.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011 - 23:26

Wow... My memory is bad... But we only played core warbands then. Either way in my group I would let them pick which of the two skills they would want. But it must be picked before creation, and not both!
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 2:17

There is also a version floating around somewhere that said that because the minotaur is so bestial it cannot ever become a hero, but if a minotaur ever rolls TLGT it may either roll again or pick a skill from the Beastman, Combat, or Strength skills.
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2011 - 9:58

Really? That would be super sweet, pitty I can't slip that version in. Mighty blow or resilient anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)   Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastman Question (Hero Skill - 2 handed)
Page 1 of 1