Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

challenge for a rules guru

Go down 
+2
Drayven
pascal the rascal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

rules - challenge for a rules guru Empty
PostSubject: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 22:13

hi,
just bought a batch of these medeval resin mini's from the French Kraken Editions company
Don't know when i'll get around painting them, but i'm starting to think about using them as a mordheim warband.
Should any of the rules gurus out there feel challenged or inspired to make up the rules for them, I'd be interested.
Maybe one of the mods will make a contest out of this thread for the most original set of rules, who knows ...
Here's just one pic of them ; for those interested is seeing all the minis in high quality, I'll include a link
some of them are regular soldiers or acolytes, others have slightly mutated hands or arms ; wyrdstone infected i guess ...

rules - challenge for a rules guru Cheval10

http://www.kraken-editions.com/en/alkemy/inhabitants-of-mornea/kingdom-of-avalon/galery/index.html
some really nice figs there !

cheers
Back to top Go down
Drayven
Knight
Knight
Drayven

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 22:16

Looks like Witch Hunters with some changed names to me Razz
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 22:22

mmm ... there's a priest also, so that could well be
it's the disturbing infected look they have that attracted me ; some visual but not overly wyrdstone influence ...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr 2011 - 3:23

If you're using set rules, it looks to me like a Bretonnian warband that has fallen. Use the Possessed rules (tentacles, hideous, the works.) The normal looking models can be brethren.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr 2011 - 18:58

yes, but i have a possessed band ... (which ONE day WILL get painted .... hopefully)
so it'd be nice to have some slightly different specifications
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr 2011 - 23:15

Hmm. Well, if they were bretonnians, maybe they ended up following the wrong deity with female parts? You guessed it... Slaanesh!

I'll post things as they come to me.
Back to top Go down
Turquoise Dwarf
Champion
Champion
Turquoise Dwarf

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 15:53

the tentacle things look a bit like roots so you could use them as bretonians with some kind of link with the wood elves. I'm not sure whether it would be a blessing or a curse.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 18:04

I am not a big fan of making up rules for every cool mini there is to field in Mordheim, but try to find some already existing that might fit. So, if you already got possessed, my advice would be to either go with fallen brets or fallen WH (similar to the 40K-Inquisitors that field possessed). The explanation for their specific mutations would be more in the fluff you come up with rather than extra rules.

Edit: If you already got Possessed, not possessed geek
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 22:16

Turquoise Dwarf wrote:
the tentacle things look a bit like roots so you could use them as bretonians with some kind of link with the wood elves. I'm not sure whether it would be a blessing or a curse.

well, i rather liked their unhealthy skin colour, so i'll try to achieve just that (green and grey shadows), so i guess rather a curse, but one that they can take advantage of in battle
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 23:32

Vines do not always equal good... I mean, remember Morghur the Corrupted? He turned beastmen into semi-dryads.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440030a&prodId=prod580014a

Rules wise, I bet the vines work a lot like tentacles and whips. Tentacles would suggest possessed, but if he wants something else, I'd suggest a Slaanesh mod for Bretonnians. Use the existing Breton rules and costs, except without the honors and praying to the Lady. Instead, all of the heroes can purchase a specific set of mutations.

A few that work: great claw, tentacle, extra arm, scorpion tail.

New Mutations: Allure. Models require a LD test to charge. If charged, must pass Ld, or hits on 6s the first round. Has no effect on animals or models that are immune to psychology. (Thus, it's a fear that affects Fear causing models.) Cost: 50+?
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2011 - 21:13

i must look stupid !
didn't even know there existed rules for bretonnians ...
just found them on the net ; gonna look into them and mash them up with possessed rules. Whip rules sounds good also. Thanks for the feedback ! Really appreciate it.

What is a Slaanesh mod ? (or is that something one has to make up himself ?)
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011 - 21:38

What about Carnival of Chaos? They follow a similar warband structure as Possessed, replacing the Possessed with Brutes (there are definitely a couple of big bruisers in that warband!) and replacing some henchmen types with Nurgle daemons. Either way, you've still got your basic mutant ("Tainted Ones" in this case) and brethren, as well as a magister ("Carnival Master") to fill out the ranks. Upon first looking at these models, that's what I was thinking.

The paint style on the website also achieves a very Nurgly effect, with the grayed skin and bloatedness of some of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: challenge for a rules guru   rules - challenge for a rules guru Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

challenge for a rules guru
Page 1 of 1