Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Oh yeah, introductions

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
rhuntar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rhuntar
Warrior
Warrior
rhuntar

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: None

Oh yeah, introductions Empty
PostSubject: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 0:34

Hello all,

So i've been following the forum for a few weeks and have posted a few times, but have yet to introduce myself.

I'm a 24 year old Scenic Carpenter (think Theater) living in portland, Oregon (USA) slowly getting myself back into mordheim.

I picked up the game with a friend when it first came out after a test game in a seattle GW shop. We putterered around with it until the local small gaming store in our Montana town closed, and then it largely fell by the wayside, leaving me with quite a few minis and a bunch of old warhammer rulebooks.

I largely forgot about mordheim, although i'd loved the RPG elements and the 'gang/squad' style system until around last august when a work accident left me with a couple months to need to sit at home.

A few friends introduced me to Warmachine, and i've slowly taken it up on the condition that they try out a bit of Mordheim with me.

I'm slowly getting up to par at paiting, and throughouly enjoying terrain making (access to lots of scrap blue foam and 1/8" plywood as well as a bandsaw and dremel helps a lot...)

I'm not playing regularly at the moment, although i may have just found a small local group at a store in the suburbs.

Anyways, this forum is fantastic and as i posted elsewhere, might have singlehandedly taught me how to paint.

Thanks for all the amazing inspiration, and the great community atmosphere here.

Hopefully i'll be starting WIP threads of my own soon, or writing fluffy battle reports if i start playing games.

-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 8:39

WELCOME ABOARD, AMIGO!
This really is a cool place to hang out; i.e., lots of inspiring stuff, interesting, friendly folks, & crazy-old-man-tolerant. Being able to liberate materials from work is a real plus. Enjoy your stay! thumbsup

Oh yeah...I hope you're on the mend & feeling better.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 8:42

Welcome!

How do you like Warmachine, by the way?
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 9:01

Hey Welcome to the forum! Have a nice stay Smile
Back to top Go down
rhuntar
Warrior
Warrior
rhuntar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 6:58

Quote :

Oh yeah...I hope you're on the mend & feeling better.

Thanks. Yeah full functionaly in my hand back, after a run in with the table saw... eek i know...

Quote :
How do you like Warmachine, by the way?

I like it, i've been playing as khador, which is a bit of a stretch for me, normally a elite/shooty army player.

i don't follow it well enough to have figured out the great min/maxing combos that the game seems to run on, so i'm often overwhelmed by the volume of special rules my opponents throw at me, but i do like the way the mechanics work. The entire steampunk vibe is very cool...

Thanks for the welcome

-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
ironbull
Hero
Hero
ironbull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun 2008 - 2:32

Welcome aboard - you'll enjoy your stay here - lots of good people, good ideas, and good pics.
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jun 2008 - 3:18

Welcome welcome! I think all those other kids covered all the bases for me, so I'll just keep it at that.

See you around
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh yeah, introductions   Oh yeah, introductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh yeah, introductions
Page 1 of 1