Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beginnings of my Chaos Warband

Go down 
+3
Hadriel Caine
DeafNala
mr potato head
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mr potato head
Youngblood
Youngblood
mr potato head

Trading Reputation : 0

chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Empty
PostSubject: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011 - 18:44

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am amazed at the work here. Very Happy I've just done a test brethren figure for an upcoming Mordheim campaign at my local club, still a few bits to do. A quick and dirty paintjob, don't look too close Embarassed . Should give you an idea of the slightly twisted vision I have for my chaos warband, hence the high contrast between shading and highlights, though there appears to be no highlights thanks to my stupid camera and lack of natural light Evil or Very Mad. I've undercoated the other three, the mutants are nearly done, still lots to be done to the possesed and magister, but hope to post some pics up next week. All c & c welcome.

chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1508
chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1509
chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1511
chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1510
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011 - 19:06

Hey mr potato head...WELCOME to Cool Tom's Sleep Yet Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. Have a FUN stay. What a Face
That is a FINE piece of creative construction & a cool paint job. If he's an indication of where you're going with your Possessed Guys, we're in for a visual treat. VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Hadriel Caine
Captain
Captain
Hadriel Caine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011 - 23:56

Ooh very nice! I was toying with a Chaos warband after my current one... that or skaven Smile looking forward to more
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 12:35

Nice choice of colours, top job!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 21:04

Is that model based on a skaven or a ghoul or neither? Excellent work whatever it is. Welcome! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mr potato head
Youngblood
Youngblood
mr potato head

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 21:39

Von Kurst wrote:
Is that model based on a skaven or a ghoul or neither? Excellent work whatever it is. Welcome! thumbsup

It's a skaven clan rat body, with a few extra green stuff scars added. Thanks for all the comments, it really helps motivate me to get the rest done. Hope to have some more done for next week.
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 21:44

Very nice start! I like your choice of colors. Nice conversion, too.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
mr potato head
Youngblood
Youngblood
mr potato head

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011 - 11:36

Thanks Skavenblight. I am a big fan of your work so it means a lot to me. Update time. Nearly finished the other 3 brethren, pics to follow. Also started work on the magister. Originally was intending to sculpt scales on his serpentine style tail, then thought sod that far too much like hard work, plus it needs to be finished by Monday for my first game. Twisted Evil Now its kind of scarred and twisted flesh, this is still very much wip, the fur lining his shoulders and back and parts of arms are going to be merged with the charred flesh of his tail, so rather than being fur will now become messed up flesh. Oh and the mace is stuck on with blu tac, and yes I am well aware of the mold lines. Embarassed

chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1515
chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1516
chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband IMGP1517
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011 - 12:43

Excellent work, both modelling and painting wise. No need for you to be modest. Your warband promises to be a feast for the eyes!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011 - 12:47

That's pretty strange...appropriately so. Again, a GREAT mix of components with some nicely done green stuff work yields a unique in character piece...VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Good luck getting him done by Monday. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings of my Chaos Warband   chaos - Beginnings of my Chaos Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginnings of my Chaos Warband
Page 1 of 1