Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

In case I ever need to stir my coffee

Go down 
+4
Benji
WarbossKurgan
DeafNala
FKSN
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

In case I ever need to stir my coffee Empty
PostSubject: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jan 2011 - 23:03

I know most others are aware of it already, but I figured after tonight's haul, it deserved a shoutout: The wooden coffee stirrers at McDonalds are awesome for detailing tudor-style houses and ruins in a warhammer scale. Here's my stash, How big is yours? Razz

In case I ever need to stir my coffee JkklG
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jan 2011 - 23:09

lol! ...as I view your stash of stirrers, I have only to turn my head ever-so-slightly to view my own cache...great minds & all that. What a Face
VERY COOL LOOKING Imperial Fist Guy BTW. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jan 2011 - 11:27

My stash was that big.... Then I built a ship and took half what was left to The Mill.
Then Andy bought a pack of 5000 from a wholesaler and took them to the Mill too!
Next time I'm there I'll get a shot of our collective stash!

Love coffee stirrers! In case I ever need to stir my coffee Wub
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Benji
Veteran
Veteran
Benji

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jan 2011 - 10:04

Here's my collection.

It started out with 2000 popsicle sticks and 1000 coffee sticks... this is all thats left... Wink

I think I payed about 13 USD for the whole bunch... bounce

[img]In case I ever need to stir my coffee 5332103073_46f0729daf[/img]
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013 - 21:15

I just used a bunch of coffee stirrers from Starbucks to detail a couple of buildings and to make a bridge from bamboo skewers as well. I have to admit, these work amazingly well with no need to cut them too much.
Back to top Go down
Quase
Elder
Elder
Quase

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013 - 10:36

FKSN wrote:
Here's my stash, How big is yours?

My stash isn't as impressive as yours clown

Here's what it looks like, with as an added bonus a sneek peak on my next Pirate warband in the background
In case I ever need to stir my coffee SquareHouse042_zps4c065ea1

I tend to go scavenging at different sources : Starbucks, Mc Donalds, Quick (local fastfood) etc.
All of them tend to have stirrers of different lengths, widths, thickness and grains.

This gives me a nice variety.

As a rule, I tend to pick up a handful here and there as I pass along places that have them, keeping my stash up to par. But should the level drop below the white marker you see at the front (which has already happened a couple of times), I know I have to go hunt actively for a 'refill'
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013 - 14:10

I grabbed a giant handfull from starbucks and used them up on two small buildings. I just a few left and need to replenish. I will check out the ones at McDonalds too.
Back to top Go down
Sultan
Champion
Champion
Sultan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeFri 29 Mar 2013 - 18:18

Houston,we have a problem !!!!

In my country, we do not have anywhere to buy those lovely stirrers like in giant hypermarkets or similar places,and workers in M'Cd are afraid of to get caught if they give some stirrers to the customer ( Meee of course) and on top of that we do not have Starbucks just similar coffee shop but I never thought to ask them of some palidrvcas and I know in advance that I will never be able to find some company which can do business with private person

NOOOOOO that game does not have good rules I want an upgrade
Back to top Go down
elde
Hero
Hero
elde

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2014 - 13:37

My order of 2000 coffee stirrers arrived yesterday.

These things are amazing! After buying balsa and pine strips from a local hobby store, I feel that these stirrers are way better for nearly everything. And they're dirt cheap - a box of 1000 stirrers was 4,01€. They're very easy to work on as well, being so thin. Normal snips cut them easily and straight.

So, last night, I got the floor boards done for one building, it's two balconies got boarding as well, two buildings got their doors, one building got half-timbered and now our bits-and-pieces accessories have four fences, two new bridges and ladders too.

If you dont' want to rob your local coffee store, you could do a quick web search for office supplies webstores in your country - that's where I found mine. For finnish mordheimers, I can heartily recommend leija.fi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In case I ever need to stir my coffee   In case I ever need to stir my coffee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In case I ever need to stir my coffee
Page 1 of 1