Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

House Rule Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

House Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: House Rule Idea   House Rule Idea Icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2010 - 17:25

I had originally (back when Mordheim first came out) read the rules for injury/OOA/wounds as Wounds prevented an Out Of Action, not a 'wound'.

So the way I had read it: an Ogre Bodyguard is hit and wounded by an attack. A 2 is rolled on the injury chart and he is knocked down, even though he has 3 wounds. If a 5 or 6 had been rolled he would lose a wound instead of being taken OOA.

I have no plans to implement this, but it would be an interesting idea. Henchmen would seem better than heroes or big guys. But worth a thought.

What do you think the pros/cons? And would you even consider a mod like this?
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

House Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rule Idea   House Rule Idea Icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2010 - 18:30

I wouldn't, because it negates the idea of having multiple wounds almost completely. Let's say that the Ogre Bodyguard is in BtB combat with two other models. Once he's knocked down, the other can more easily put him OOA, thus nullifying any bonus of having multiple wounds, no?
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

House Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rule Idea   House Rule Idea Icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2010 - 22:16

You would think that playing with the you have to roll the wounds everytime would make it harder to take a model out of action, but infact it would make it easier model on the ground cannot fight back so if the first model knocks him down then all of the models skip their WS rolls and roll strait on wounds. So you would basically be playing the knock down the dog pile game.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

House Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rule Idea   House Rule Idea Icon_minitimeTue 7 Dec 2010 - 17:49

I figured this rule (combined with a price decrease for multi-wound models) would make things like Trolls and such more common in mordheim. But this is not really something I would actually use. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

House Rule Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: House Rule Idea   House Rule Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

House Rule Idea
Page 1 of 1