Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Exterminating Nuln

Go down 
+3
Rudeboy
mweaver
Grubbi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 10:59

Well, someone in my group has decided to be Nuln, much to my dismay. He played Averland before and he'd hide away as my combat orcs would get hammered by arrows. He decided to become even more shooty by becoming Nuln. So I now hate shooty warbands as they always destroyed my orcs.
So s there a good way to take out Nuln Warbands.

P.S. I've changed to Kislevites, if this helps.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 13:26

How much terrain do you play with? Shooty warbands have less of an advantage the more terrain you have.

How many players in the campaign? Just the two of you, or more? If he likes to hide and make you come to him, then:

--if there are several warbands playing, always form a temporary alliance with the others, gang up on him and stomp him, first thing.

--if there are just the two of you, go to the other side of the board from him and hide too. He'll catch on quick that it isn't much fun.

Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 14:01

The more Terrain the better.

Also learn the hide rules. There is nothing that has saved me more then the hide rules.

If you have enough stuff on the board, so that you can effectively use the hide rules then you will usually do alright.

Also make sure you play with Weather. Most of the Rain and snow rules work against shooty warbands.
Back to top Go down
sarcazmo7

sarcazmo7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 21:51

I'm currently playing a Nuln warband and, as others have said, use the hide rules. Just because your warband isn't built more around hiding like Skaven or Shadow Elves (or whatever) doesn't mean you can't hide. It's all about using terrain to hide and close the distance. I know from personal experience that Nuln isn't anything to write home about in CC. The longer you take to close the distance, the longer they have time to shoot at you.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 23:27

I'm currently playing Nuln and weather can really suck. Either reduced visibility or worse rain making blackpowder wet both hinder shooty warbands especially Nuln.

The weak point in our currently campaign for my warband though is the Last Orders scenario which is a pub brawl. No weapons allowed. This probably applies less to you but my Nuln warriors are not meant for fist fights (especially against undead or beastmen... ugh!).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010 - 23:50

By the way, and nice type of terrain to use is models of wagons, scattered here and there in the open areas and roads.
Back to top Go down
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Personal Info

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 1:03

mweaver wrote:
How much terrain do you play with? Shooty warbands have less of an advantage the more terrain you have.

We don't have lots of terrain as we're new to Mordheim.

mweaver wrote:
How many players in the campaign? Just the two of you, or more? If he likes to hide and make you come to him, then:

There's: me, a lizardmen warband, maneater warband, witch hunter, a beastmen (empire in flames rules) and of course Nuln.

mweaver wrote:
--if there are several warbands playing, always form a temporary alliance with the others, gang up on him and stomp him, first thing.

I was thinking about that, but I think they'd only accept money Very Happy, and as I starting warband I don't have that much.

P.S. Where can I find these weather rules.

Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 4:44

"I was thinking about that, but I think they'd only accept money Very Happy, and as I starting warband I don't have that much."

He's not shooting at them, too?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 7:51

Wow, sounds like a group of powergamers, or am I wrong? Anyway, the basics is, like everyone says, hide and move between covers. Also, play other scenarios than just Skirmish. Games like Occupy, Wyrdstone Hunt or Hidden Treasure will force out warriors in the open, or else risk loosing the game. Hidden Treasure, we play as this:

- Each warband must search all houses, even houses searched by other warbands, as they dont know that the other warbands have searched it, and might have missed something. This way, there might be one house left on the other side of the map, forcing you to traverse the board at some point. Also, finding the treasure chance was increased, as a lot of stupid player-hating powergamers tended to stick around a single building in their own zone and wait until that was the last one... so we now say any "doubles" you find the treasure. That way, allw arbands will be eager to search through as many houses as possible in their turn, preventing camping and miniature baserape Smile
Back to top Go down
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Personal Info

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 12:10

Well, they haven't played a Nuln yet. He lost his roster sheet, so he decided to play Nuln instead of making a new Averland warband. I wanted to make sure I had a good idea how to take him out ,as I had trouble with Averlanders.

The other member sometimes look at me as a source of money, as when he was Averlanders in Chaos on the Streets I made for every Averlander they took out they got 5gc. I know it was cruel, but I needed him dead Very Happy. And he doesn't mind.

Is the weather, the BTB weather?
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 14:53

Weather isn't in the core book, but a lot of the settings have it. BTB has pretty good weather charts.
Back to top Go down
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Personal Info

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct 2010 - 8:34

Is there a set of weather rules for Mordheim, not any other settings?
Back to top Go down
MeanBone
Champion
Champion
MeanBone

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct 2010 - 10:11

Yes, it's on Page 4: http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/rules/RainingFishe.pdf

Try to roll a 7, that will stop the guns from shooting!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitimeMon 4 Oct 2010 - 0:16

Love this article. It's pretty insane, always humorous and very aptly themed to the City of the Damned. Wink

Quote :
It’s cold, there may even be a touch of snow but stop your whining you cowardly dog and get out there and fight.
Weather effects add all kinds of unpredictable consequences to campaign battles, resulting in comedic variety or tactical planning.

We only started using environment rules towards the back end of the BTB marathon campaign I ran. This was a real shame as unlike in other games (like Blood Bowl where I've found weather rules to be irritating and interrupt the flow) the characterful outcome of weather in your setting becomes a feature of each battle and something which influences the telling of your campaign story.

Go with it, and if it occasionally screws with blackpowder weapons then so much the better! Smile

Regards,

Stu.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Exterminating Nuln Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exterminating Nuln   Exterminating Nuln Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exterminating Nuln
Page 1 of 1