Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Goblin warbands???

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
RationalLemming
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010 - 17:58

We have planned to start playing some Empire in Flames, and feel now is the time to bring out our little goblins from their boxes.

The question then is:
What goblin warbands are there? I have got a Forest Goblin warband that seems okay, and I've seen a Night Gob warband on the Mordjheimer and one other which had a "Squig herder" as a hero. I didnt really like any of them.

So, any more warbands out there I've missed? Especially a good Nightgoblin warband is wanted.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010 - 23:33

I think that is it.

There is a Forest Goblin warband in the Nemesis Crown supplement. I assume this is the one that you have.

There is a Night Goblin warband on the Mordheimer website. Pathfinder Dubstyles has modified that warband and the result can be found in this thread:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/night-goblins-new-warband-file-updated-7-25-10-t1415.htm
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010 - 1:05

Well...if you want to stretch the point, there's my UberGoblin (counts as Orcs) & Goblin War Band: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/miniatures-f2/the-now-completed-red-brotherhood-gallery-t4247.htm . Only change is that "the Lad has talent" doesn't entail the tragic & sudden death of the unfortunate gifted Goblin. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010 - 5:46

Haha, i'll check them both out, even yout uber gobs, DeafNala! Those are the same as the large scary ubergobs you painted and uploaded, right?

Thanks for the help, both of you! Anyone else got a goblinw arband to contribute, fling it this way!
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010 - 22:18

http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/experimental/night_goblins.htm

Night Gobbos, from Mordheimer.com

Sorry, didn't notice RL had already put those on Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep 2010 - 22:58

No worries m8, im grateful for the attention Wink
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 15:23

To resurrect a dead thread, are there any VANILLA Goblin warbands out there? If not, I might just go ahead and write one up.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Anonymous

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 15:25

No, there doesnt seem so. There are a goblin warband for the lustria setting, and a handful of Night Gob player made ones,, though, but none of which I have played with. I find some things about goblins, despite how uber cool they are, just not working Neutral
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 1:57

Any updates on this topic, I would love to see this happend. Especially my friend Kalle would like a "normal" goblin warband. No orcs and such, just goblins. I wouldent mind it my self iether *cough* Smile
Back to top Go down
Dazza
Hero
Hero
Dazza

Personal Info

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 17:47

I've played the forest goblin and both night goblin lists, including the doom diver hired sword too, and have really enjoyed playing all of them.

I'd say the forest goblin list is the most competitive with the potential, with experience point upgrades, to build a few hard hitting models.

But to really get the most out of them you really have to gain a true goblin mentality of sitting back, sneaking around, march blocking and shooting the opposition from afar. When it comes to combat, numbers and spears are your only advantage

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goblin warbands??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goblin warbands???   Goblin warbands??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goblin warbands???
Page 1 of 1