Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm Empty
PostSubject: Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm   Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 12:44

Planning a fortress, could somebody give me a rough idea how big a section of wall, Tower etc. should be for 28mm fantasy.

Thank you in advance

Clem Robertson
superscenic
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm   Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:01

that kind of depends on how rich you want the town or owner to be I guess? I find the Citadel fortress a bit too big for small towns, but too low for a decent city, so I've started making walls to use at a small town (EiF settings etc.) I use thick foam for the wall (about 2,5 cm thick) and then add a walkway using wood, just big enough for an ogrebase to stand on. still thinking about what to do with the top of the wall, as I find parapets a bit too expensive in looks, and want it to be a bit more of a shabby construction...

as for the hight, I like my houses to be a bit higher than the wall, so I stuck to roughly 10 cm in height.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm   Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010 - 0:55

I have an older book about castles and how they were constructed. I just convert the measurements into the scale I want.

I was looking for it on Amazon, but can't find it. But did find this one, from looking inside I think it would be a great resource. I am thinking of picking up a copy myself!

http://www.amazon.com/Castles-Their-Construction-History-Architecture/dp/0486248984/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282690440&sr=8-1

Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Stormgerkin
Captain
Captain
Stormgerkin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm   Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010 - 1:00

Depends on what sort of fortress your looking at building also.
I find around the 4" mark is good for walls typiclly speeking and about seven for taller struckers such as towers. How ever 3" walls worked well on my gorka morka fort but its build for smaller scale games the warhammer.

Also sterio typical castle is one way but if you mean coastal fortress use to repeal ships is another way to go.
What do you intend on useing this terrain piece for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm   Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sizes for a fortress, Measurements and stuff needed for 28mm
Page 1 of 1