Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alkemy minis any good?

Go down 
+3
Kpok
drakkol
folketsfiende
7 posters
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Alkemy minis any good? Empty
PostSubject: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 9:40

I've been ogling the Alkemy Khaliman republic minis for a couple of years now, and I'm wondering if any of you guys have any thoughts about quality and scale on these beauties? I'd like to use them to make a beastmen-like warband, but since they're so pricey I'm not sure (plus I've got tons of other painting projects to finish...).

Anyways, here's a link if you do not know the minis from before:
http://www.kraken-editions.com/en/alkemy/inhabitants-of-mornea/khaliman-republic/galery/index.html .
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 9:54

Alkemy minis any good? C58f403f40Alkemy minis any good? Cd81ecfdd9
looking these it seems that scale fits well with mordheim...or not?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Kpok
Hero
Hero
Kpok

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 11:14

The detail and quality is really good.
They are not as bulky as the GW beastman.
I try to get a comparison shot with both of them.
Back to top Go down
cjp
Knight
Knight
cjp

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr 2010 - 20:41

The quality on Alkemy is very good. Tidy detailing, and quite fine work as they are cast in resin. The downside is that... they're resin, and kind of soft. You have to be very carefull cleaning them up- your normal files that work on metal will leave tool marks on the soft resin, you must take a lot of care. Also, they are quite delicately sculpted- hands are far more in porportion to the body than GW/Foundry/Etc, so conversion can be difficult- there isn't often a lot of room to work, and the hands on some are too small to drill into with pins. The figures are very nice looking overall if you have the time and money. If you can find them on ebay I reccomend it, as $35.00USD for 3 resin figures new is just absurd. Smile
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr 2010 - 8:43

Yeah, I wanted to use the cat people to make a beastman warband a while back but they're crazy expensive.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Apr 2010 - 20:13

One of the Guys I play with bough some pretty cheap. They look really good, but I don't think he has painted them. They are on a different scale then GW, and like cjp said their hands are tiny, because they are realisticly size.

I think that you could easily use them for Mordheim, and the Asian ones would make good Monks for BTB.

The Arabic looking cat people were really cool mini's he got a 3 pack of them, and I think that would make a cool alturnative looking Beastmen.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeTue 6 Apr 2010 - 9:53

Thanks for the info guys! I ordered some from a webbsite that had fairly reasonable prices, so I'll see if I can post some comparison pics in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar 2013 - 2:51

This Thread......I raise thee!

I just purchased two Empire of the Jade Triad starter and add on box for less than $20 from www.miniaturemarket.com.

Great deal.

A lot of the alkemy stuff is on clearance. The jade empire stuff that I purchased was $7 bucks plus shipping.

Also, if you look at their Ebay stuff, it is still cheaper to go through their website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alkemy minis any good?   Alkemy minis any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alkemy minis any good?
Page 1 of 1