Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Witch Hunters WIP

Go down 
+5
mweaver
DeafNala
Skavenblight
drakkol
tomogui
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tomogui
Hero
Hero
tomogui

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 8:43

Hey fellow Mordheimers!

I decided to get back into this great game recently, and to that end have put together a Witch Hunter warband, from various Bretonnian, Flagellant, and other Empire bits.

So far, this is one evening's work. Nothing is finished, mold lines still there, pins still visible. There's still a lot of work to do on these violent intolerant bigots.

The basic idea is that they are crazy Sigmar cultists, more so than regular witch hunters (if such a thing is possible). I wanted them to look quite insane, just like the cultists that they hunt down and execute!

I'm keen to hear people's suggestions re: improving these guys to make them more characterful and cool.

The warband is sort of WYSIWYG. The 4 Witch Hunter heroes are all carrying various items (scrolls, books, standards, torches). All of these illegal foreign objects count as clubs.

Here they are: Chapterhouse 13!

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6517

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6525

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6518

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6519

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6520

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6521

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6522

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6523

There's also a Warrior Priest, 3 Witch Hounds, a Flagellant, and a couple of armless Zealots.

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6526

Witch Hunters WIP IMG_6527

So what do you think? How can I add to these to make them awesome?

Last edited by tomogui on Thu 6 May 2010 - 6:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 8:56

Hi, nice start. You could tie someone to a cart wheel, some youngblood maybe,just "converted" to a "righteous" life...to expiate a former sinful life in his native big city... Witch Hunters WIP Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 10:02

Ouch! I don't want to be hit with such a book! It's really as dangerous as a club! (Yes, I'm "counts-as"-fan, too)

Great warband. Nice use of Bretonnian & flagellants bits. Oh, and of course plague monk bits - these books and scrolls are very useful in many conversions!
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 12:12

A GREAT start to what promises to be an EXCELLENT looking War Band. They definitely appear to have fire in their bellies & a tenuous hold on reality...archtypical Old Lady Burners. Keep up the GOOD WORK! Witch Hunters WIP 544694
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 14:55

Quite appropriately creepy looking! I am not a huge fan of the really over-sized crossbows from the new Empire handgunners/crossbowmen kit, but that is a complaint aimed at GW, not your conversions. These guys should paint up very well indeed. I am looking forward to updates.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 15:39

I like what you have done. I am doing something similar with a Flagellants and Free Company.

I set mine up so they could work as a Possessed and a Witch Hunters. I would just switch-out any Possessed and Mutants with more approrate Hero models. I would make-up my Dark Souls and Brethren I could use them as Flagellants and Zealots.

I already have a Mutant with Tenticals that is basically a Flagellant with green-stuff tenticals that have kind of an Akira look to them. I will have to get a pic and post it sometime.

But back to your warband, great work! I think that they look great, and when you are done you have to post them.
Back to top Go down
tomogui
Hero
Hero
tomogui

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 18:37

mweaver wrote:
Quite appropriately creepy looking! I am not a huge fan of the really over-sized crossbows from the new Empire handgunners/crossbowmen kit, but that is a complaint aimed at GW, not your conversions. These guys should paint up very well indeed. I am looking forward to updates.

Yes, the newer Empire crossbows are really long, and they look quite unnatural when held in one hand. I should probably cut them down to size.

Also drakkol, I like your "broken-on-a-cart-wheel" idea. I was going to make a couple of Witch-Huntery objects anyway to use as objective markers for scenario play, so that will be perfect.

I saw this diorama recently; I might try making something like this too:

http://www.baueda.com/28kleos1.html#28jda
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 20:42

I could probably scrounge up a few smaller crossbows for the project. How many would you need? I think the older plastic dwarves may have had some.

Some historical miniature companies make weapon packs - I have picked up a few for conversions (mainly swords and axes and maces for left hands, but also quivers for arrows and quarrels).
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010 - 22:04

woo, they rock

so are you guys playing coreheim?
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Velsharoon
Youngblood
Youngblood
Velsharoon

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010 - 0:38

They look fantastic, I have all the bits needed to make my own if you dont mind me stealing your idea!

Love seeing warbands converted from plastic box sets and cant wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010 - 5:29

Its almost a shame how nice the metal priest with the hammers is since the bretonian men at arms comes with a priest of their own. I used a number of the same kits for some witch hunters but couldn't resist the metal priest either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Witch Hunters WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunters WIP   Witch Hunters WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Witch Hunters WIP
Page 1 of 1