Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pit Fight Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
such_the_fool
Youngblood
Youngblood
such_the_fool

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 23:29

Hi, I've been lurking around here for some time since our group started Mordheim and have found it an excellent source for our games.

We've decided for my birthday this weekend to do something a bit different and we were going to have a few Pit Fights and interesting multi-player games.

After going through the pit fight rules from town cryer 14 I think I get everything, except how to work out a Team Rating. We assumed that it would be like warband ratings (i.e. experience + 5 per member) but this doesn't seem to work quite right.

This is especially true for some of the 'Special Guests' we were planning on entering (a NG Shaman and 2 trolls for example).

Has anyone else tried the pit fighting rules and worked this out or does anyone have any suggestions for working it out??

Any replies before Saturday would be much appreciated!

Thanks
such_the_fool
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 9:32

I don't think there is anything such as warband/team/stable rating. Where did you read about it?

By the way, I created some additional gaming material for the game (proper roster sheets, hit location cards, ...). You can download it from my site (go to Games & Settings -> Gladiators).
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
such_the_fool
Youngblood
Youngblood
such_the_fool

Personal Info

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 15:31

cianty wrote:
I don't think there is anything such as warband/team/stable rating. Where did you read about it?

In Town Cryer #14 on page 31 where you work out wagers in the Determining the Odds it says
Quote :
The team with the highest Team Rating is considered the High Man.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to mention how the Team Rating is worked out.

We mostly wanted it so we can pit reasonably equal teams against each other as we have a few new warbands and some old veterans. Also the betting side of things should add another dimension (not to mention more gold!).

Thanks for the links cianty, theres some good stuff there. The house rules pdf link seems to be broken though.

Cheers
such_the_fool
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 18:26

Wow. Now I feel real stupid. Only did I realize that you were not talking about the Pit Fighter game that was published in issue 1 and 3 of Fanatic Magazine. I have never used the rules from TC14. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
such_the_fool
Youngblood
Youngblood
such_the_fool

Personal Info

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 18:37

Ah right! It all makes sense now. Sorry I was writing the first post in a bit of a rush.

Yes I was going to use the TC14 rules as the basic combat rules are the same as Mordheim (didn't want to confuse matters by everyone having to re-write their heroes on new sheets and learn new rules).

Has anyone got any ideas on how to rank teams of pit fighters based on their Mordheim stats? If not I'll try and bodge something together and try a few test games.

Cheers
such_the_fool
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 19:00

well, I would say if the rules are basically the same as Mordheim, then you should calculate rating the same as you would in Mordheim (5xmembers, + total xp, + 20 for "big guys", + hired swords).

However, Mordheim's rating system is imperfect, since it doesn't consider equipment in the equation. So you'd probably want some way of figuring that out. However, you can't really just add equipment cost, because costs often aren't balanced (a guy with heavy armor, for instance, adds 50 to your rating! That's almost 4 zombies). So that's a bit of a pickle.

I'd say your options are to either go through and fix equiment costs, or find a more representative way of including them into warband rating. There have been a couple of discussions on exactly that in this very forum, so if you take a peek down the page you should find it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any firsthand experience with the TC 14 Pit Fight rules, so I don't know if there's any correct way to do rating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pit Fight Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pit Fight Rules   Pit Fight Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pit Fight Rules
Page 1 of 1