Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Empty
PostSubject: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 4:54

Despite their lack of experience gain I feel the cost of some animals is off, namely warhounds vs zealots for one. It seems 15 gc is the norm for animals, even when animals may vary vastly in ability ... the Giant Rat vs Warhound for example, same price, the Warhound womps the Rat with 2 extra WS, 1 extra Strength and a point of Leadership over the little vermin.

So I wondered how these suggestions looked.

Warhound (Chaos Warhound) - 25gc

Giant Rat - 15gc

Cave Squig - 20gc

Dire Wolf - 50gc
M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Ld

Charge, May Not Run, Cause Fear, Immune to Psychology, Immune to Poison, Unliving, No Pain.

Already Dead: (A rule I'm considering might be worth while on zombies too) One cannot really kill what is already dead, at least not for long. A Dire Wolf may reroll injury rolls after battle, as long as there is a Necromancer in the warband.

Also considering making different rules for the Warhound of Chaos, namely because they are far my spikey and mutated than regular warbands.

Warhound of Chaos - 35gc

M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Ld

Or perhaps the original stat line?

M
WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Ld

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 5:46

I like the Dire Wolf rule. Very nice.
Warhound of chaos--what would be nice is using the 4th or 5th edition mutations for them so that you could customize the models. Love my 2 headed scorpion tail doggie, but no rules for it any more, sigh.
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 6:32

Thanks, one thing I should mention when I was thinking of this ... the price of the Warhound would perhaps, only be best if the member limit was raised to 15.

I was thinking of the mutation rules, I might think something up roughly based on the Possessed Mutations.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 8:02

I think its allright as it is. I mean, you can have max, what, 5 warhounds in a witch hunter warband. You buy a warhound as an item, theres one per hero (is it not?) and they must also be found first.

Giant rats come in "Pack size", and as skaven has such a high warband size limit, getting a handful of giant rats will therefore be an easy thing. The Witch Hunters have a measly warband size limit of 12! That means they probably wont get all 5 Warhounds, as you MUST have some Flagellants, and some Zealots that might advance and get better with time. That means the warhounds will get superfluous after a couple of games, other than cannon fodder or archer-hunting (personally, I will alwlays have two or three even so).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 10:36

Opheliate wrote:
I think its allright as it is. I mean, you can have max, what, 5 warhounds in a witch hunter warband. You buy a warhound as an item, theres one per hero (is it not?) and they must also be found first.

Giant rats come in "Pack size", and as skaven has such a high warband size limit, getting a handful of giant rats will therefore be an easy thing. The Witch Hunters have a measly warband size limit of 12! That means they probably wont get all 5 Warhounds, as you MUST have some Flagellants, and some Zealots that might advance and get better with time. That means the warhounds will get superfluous after a couple of games, other than cannon fodder or archer-hunting (personally, I will alwlays have two or three even so).

+1
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 10:43

mrbretonnia wrote:

+1

???
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 11:04

Opheliate wrote:
mrbretonnia wrote:

+1

???

He means your opinion is his, so +1 to those who think along those lines 'Me too' as it where.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 11:08

Mortimer wrote:
Opheliate wrote:
mrbretonnia wrote:

+1

???

He means your opinion is his, so +1 to those who think along those lines 'Me too' as it where.

+1

nah just joking, wouldnt do that again Razz.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 13:37

Aha! Then good. The feeling of being insulted without knowing it is dissipating Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?   Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Prices - How much is that doggy in the window?
Page 1 of 1