Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009 - 1:41

From the advise and suggestions made in my previous thread I have wrote up an updated Shadow Warrior pdf of my attempted balancing. Alot of it is the same was the original as I wanted to keep a similar feel, but the alteration of costs here and there and the introduction of a couple of special rules I hope its alot more playable.

Tell me what you all think.

New Download Link

Download Shadow Warriors.pdf

(Afraid the host isn't great, scroll down to 'Download Now' than scroll down to the bottom of the page it takes you to and wait for the download link, best I could find for free).

Last edited by Mortimer on Thu 26 Nov 2009 - 5:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009 - 7:07

Pretty standard cost changes, most people who alter it have similar costings, though that is most likely a good thing as others agree with you Smile. Like the special rules, though I dont think "traditional" and "tolerant" should be together. Though I agree an elf wouldnt use blackpowder, I think you'll find no one ever takes it anyways. It will cost them a skill and even then blackpowder gear is teh fail for elves who rely on running around. Though its only a small gripe, I think that otherwise it looks good if perhaps overcosted on the side of caution.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 8:59

elves Sad

"Everyone agrees [that elves in Mordheim are] overpowered, everyone wants to make it fairer, but nobody can argee on how. Result: Play a different warband."
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 9:05

Yeah, yeah, I've seen your signature, why in the last thread I asked to avoid the "Don't play them" suggestions Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 10:08

Asp wrote:
elves Sad

"Everyone agrees [that elves in Mordheim are] overpowered, everyone wants to make it fairer, but nobody can argee on how. Result: Play a different warband."

Not everyone wants to play reiklanders...If someone wants to play elves, let them play elves. The list was obviously unbalanced when first made and mortimer has attempted to resolve this issue to make it fairer.

So +1 to using shadow warriors as mortimer has changed them.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 12:32

the link is broken or close to broken

the reasons given for allowing elves do not prove or change anything
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 21:09

Asp wrote:
the link is broken or close to broken

the reasons given for allowing elves do not prove or change anything

Takes a few clicks to get to the file, and sometimes it will stop you if its reached a download limit, so yeah I admit its a shoddy host.

Any suggestions for a better file host?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 21:57

Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 22:36

Cheers cianty, I'll give it a look when I get home.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009 - 22:50

Mortimer wrote:
Cheers cianty, I'll give it a look when I get home.

Haven't looked at it myself, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 5:27

Added a new download link to my top post, let me know if it works any better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 7:02

Well, I cant see any reason to NOT like it. Or at least accept it, as I have always thought the Shadow Elf warband is a little too "cool" (on a 6th graders level, no offence meant to any 6th graders here). BUT (theres always a but), I really like the idea of the elves gaining xp slower, so I would definately replace the old one with this one. Which must mean that you have done a great job Smile
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009 - 7:14

Hey, if a Shadow Warrior player can come along, show this list to their group and have them say "Yeah alright, we'll allow it" than thats good enough for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors   Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortimer's Revised Shadow Warriors
Page 1 of 1