Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Bogenhafen & Ravenswood

Go down 
+15
mweaver
Von Kurst
Paluke
Drugart
Duce
HornedRat
KRUG_666
magokiron
Jadex
si
matt
cianty
Admin Tom
DeafNala
dalanshin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 0:01

Looking good, I really like the sewer sections on the outside of the board. I have been considering doing something like this for my Mord board and trying to link it to basement sections to create a playable tunnel / sewer system under the direct game board.

Loving the harbor sections.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 13:43

Excellent stuff! I'd love to play on that table!!
Back to top Go down
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 14:50

The sewer under the outside edge is kinda simplistic as far as gameplay goes. The big advantage is that you can have models above and below the street at the same time. The basements on the otherhand (on the quay I made) have a big disadvantage in that you have to remove everything from the street to access them. I put them in just as a side thought, rather than waste the space that was there. I figured while I was building it I may as well try it out. The entire quay is kind of an experiment anyway.

On the other hand, the piers and docks are so versatile! I am really looking forward to using them. The layouts you can create with them are very flexible. The smaller docks can fit right up snug to the stone quay wall, and the piers can be combined to make a wide platform. The next step will be adding ladders and stairs that can be moved to different positions.
Back to top Go down
http://nikolairuskin.com/miniatures
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 15:30

Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Docks_wip_feb14_2010
Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Water_table

Hey there! I thought I would stop in and post a few pics of the Docks. I added the water table (finally) and am about to finish the dock pieces. I'll most likely be selling the original quay, so I designed and started construction an a modifies version, sans sewers and basement.

Here are the pics of the Water Table and the docks placed on said table:
Back to top Go down
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 17:43

Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 WIP_slums

Here are a few Morheim style ruined buildings I am working on to add to the Bogenhafen Layout.

I have started a few new techniques with my buildings worth noting:

1. Roof Shingles are now made from a thin wood veneer. I cut them in to strips, stack the strips and use a mini-mitre saw to produce them. This gives the shingles a meatier look, plus I can snap them on the fly if I need to fill gaps.

2. Tight Bases: I am now cutting the bases of each building to the exact contour of the footprint (or as close as possible). I noticed in a recent game that we had trouble positioning a model on a corner due to the base sticking out about 1 cm, so I am going to eliminate the excess base material.

3. Banisters / Railings: I have developed a fast technique for railings and banisters. The bottom is foam core, with toothpicks poked in to the foam edge, followed by 2 or three thin strips at the top.

The slums of Bogenhafen are the aftermath of a brutal siege by the Axebite orc tribe. Fierce combat spilled through the North wall of the city and greenskins occupied the neighborhoods on the north side of the river Bogen for nearly three weeks before reinforcements from Altdorf finally arrived to drive the orcs back to their lair in the Grey Mountains.

Efforts to rebuild these devastated areas have been slowed by the expansion of the docklands, leaving the majority of Bogenhafen’s peasantry homeless or living in squalid conditions of ruined homes. There have been numerous requests for relief aid sent to Emperor Karl Franz, but so far Altdorf has been slow to respond.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 22:18

Love the water table for awhile. It looks great. We've really enjoyed games played down on the docks. I hope to see photos of some of yours in future.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 22:26

"2. Tight Bases: I am now cutting the bases of each building to the exact contour of the footprint (or as close as possible). I noticed in a recent game that we had trouble positioning a model on a corner due to the base sticking out about 1 cm, so I am going to eliminate the excess base material."

We had that problem with the first buildings we based, but go the other way - we leave a big enough border around the building that you can stick a model on it, pressed against the wall. The extra base is a good place to put the odd broken barrel, corpse, etc.

The new pictures look great, dalanshin!
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 23:55

awesome ruins!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 11:07

I missed seeing the addition of the ruins with my move...VERY NICE STUFF! The details, like the hand rails on the balconies. make for UBERCOOL pieces. Keep up the FINE WORK! Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 15:03

Thanks gents!

I'll get some new WIP pics up of these ruins soon, they are getting much closer to completion. I have so many projects going it's been hard to make time to snap shots and post pics as I go.

The docks are about done too; I already sold them and am making a new set with a different design which should be even cooler. I hit the ships with some paint and they are looking nice too.
Back to top Go down
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 19:42

Greetings from the Imp,

I have completed the docks and posted to my blog:

Docks: Finished

Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Docks_1

After finishing these docks I started on a new set, with a more elaborate design, WIP shots coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 19:58

This looks absolutely stunning!

The docks look very nice and must make for interesting gaming. I also like the fact that they are completely modular. Can you combine the two types (high and low)?

As an afterthought, it somehow reminds me of Sacred 2...
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 20:04

Aha! Nice stuff Very Happy

Great sense of detail, especially on the chests. Is there any special reason to lower the right side of the dock? Must be really heavy to get things off board from that side!

I do love the scenery though, excellent job!
Back to top Go down
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 20:09

Boreas,
They can be combined. I'll be adding a few ladders and stairs as modular additions to this set.

Vampirekhaine,
That's what a few copers and a half dozen stevedores are for.
Actually the smaller dock is for little boats, the big old dock is for large merchant ships Smile

Tnx for the comments!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 21:20

EXCELLENT LOOKING PIECE(s)! About the only critique I could possibly offer is that they lack Bollards...the top section of the pilings where you tie up your ship. Other than that minor bit of nitpicking VERY WELL DONE! Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 23:56

Very impressive! Great work, Nikolai!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 0:59

Thanks Cianty!

Deaf, agreed, and I'll be making the next set with the bollards. This set was sold to a client of mine, and was a very good learning experience. i have been doing a lot of research and trying to learn more about docks and how they function in real life. The Bollards were one thing I was bummed about not being there; though I could add them on now and glue some rope at the base... perhaps later I may offer to rework these a bit. Great tip! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 3:35

how much do you charge for a 120x120 gaming table Razz?
Back to top Go down
dalanshin
Champion
Champion
dalanshin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May 2010 - 14:09

That depends; does it have a sewer running under it? That increases the build time significantly :)P
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011 - 15:59

Fantastic pieces, sad that there´s no more of them.

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bogenhafen & Ravenswood   Bogenhafen & Ravenswood - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bogenhafen & Ravenswood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2