Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos

Go down 
+3
Jacko' lantern
DeafNala
ObsidianLord
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ObsidianLord
Captain
Captain
ObsidianLord

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 14:07

Hi guys, i finally took a couple of photo shoots of my brand new yet first converted warband! Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_biggrin

It's my first attempt with green stuff, (i am not really into modelling right now) so please don't be afraid to tell me if something don't appear good-looking to you for some reason.

First of all we have Alexei and Viktor, two brethrens. They're pretty simple. I only put together two bretonnian men-at-arms bodies and heads, a flagellant arm and an elven bow.
Unfortunately they don't look very nurglish.

Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Brethren1.th
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Brethren2.th

These two are the plaguebearers. Pretty straightforward and quite classic conversion, unfortunately without carnivalesque frills (coz i didn't wanted to eventually ruin them by adding self-made fancy cloaks or other things like that, they are my very first conversion after all).
Made with zombie heads, ghoul legs and body and dryads' arms.

Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Plaguebearers1.th
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Plaguebearers2w.th

Any comment/suggestion? Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 14:57

NICE STUFF! Don't sell yourself short, the Plague Bearers are REALLY COOL looking...in an appropriately gross & disgusting sort of way. EXCELLENT WIP pieces...I'll let you know if you mess up...probably. Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Suspect Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos 544694
Back to top Go down
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 19:06

these are really cool!
the models are good especially the plague bearers since they are your first conversion Smile
my only suggestion is to add frills ( i understand if you dont want to, if you think you might wreck them)
cant wait to see them painted
Very Happy

Last edited by Jacko' lantern on Sat 14 Nov 2009 - 19:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 19:08

Well done indeed. Really like the first plaguebearer
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Teleri
Warrior
Warrior
Teleri

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 19:29

One word

UbeRTastIcLyAmAziNGLyAwesOMESauSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Really like all of them, but the plaguebearer are my favs!

Teleri
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 21:25

Holy crap-oli! Those plague bearers are freaky! I like them soo much more than the gw ones.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2009 - 21:48

I love your plaguebearers! Really, really well done there, especially for your first conversion. I've always wanted an affordable alternative to the GW metals (and I don't even like the current ones all that well anyways), I may end up stealing this idea!
Back to top Go down
ObsidianLord
Captain
Captain
ObsidianLord

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009 - 11:04

Thank you all!
Now it's time for the second wave of characters.

First of all we have Kaspasian, the carnival master. I tried to model a top hat on his head but without success Very Happy I found it rater hard, so i replaced it with some clowny hairstyle resembling at the same time a strange couple of horns.
It's basically a zombie head on a men-at-arms command body with a flagellant arm. His staff/spear is made by cutting and putting together various pieces of a skaven standard.
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Carnivalmaster.th

Here it comes the hardest part. Converting those brutes was extremely painful. They're composed by orc legs and torso and ogre arms and weapons with greenstuffed heads.
Turning one-handed ogre weapons into two-handed human weapons was a challenge, but trying to put the ogre arms on an orc body really maddened me! Very Happy (one ogre arm's size is about the same as the orc whole torso!)
In the end they look very deformed, that make them quite cover the role.
I'm not that sure about how to paint those huge muscle masses spreading outside the body.
Perhaps i was thinking about making moore greenstuffing around them, making muscles some sort of bloated gnarled mass of flesh (like depicted in the EIF official illustration).
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Strongmen1.thObsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Strongmen2.th

Last edited by ObsidianLord on Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 14:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009 - 12:02

VERY COOL! With Fantasy thingys like the Carnival Guys being out of proportion is a PLUS; it only adds to the eerie, inhuman character of the Beasties. Too bad the top hat didn't work out, but the Ring Master looks FINE without it. The Strong Men are INCREDIBLE...all that extra work getting the Ogre arms on the Orc torsos was time WELL spent. Keep'em coming! Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos 544694

Last edited by DeafNala on Mon 16 Nov 2009 - 11:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ObsidianLord
Captain
Captain
ObsidianLord

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009 - 11:27

It's time now for the tainted ones before my focus on nurglings.
They follow their main attitude as jesters in the warband but with a bardic twist.
They are composed by bretonnian men-at-arms command bodies and skaven musicians' arms, i think a giant bell and a rusty gong would fit the carnival theme pretty well. Heads are just some random GW skulls.
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Taintedones1.th
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Taintedones2.th

Any further comment/suggestion? Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009 - 11:37

VERY DISTURBINGLY COOL! Something I've been doing with my Night Goblins for awhile MIGHT work with these Guys: I make a banner pole out of the Lantern on a Stick piece from the Mordheim Accessory spue with a scroll/advertisement nailed behind the lantern...you could attach a Carnival Flyer. GREAT WIP pieces! Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos 544694

For an example of the Banner Thingy https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/painting-and-modelling-f3/you-in-mordheim-t2347-25.htm ...scroll about half way down the page. Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jacko' lantern
General
General
Jacko' lantern

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009 - 12:36

oh my god!!!!
these are awesome! i love them!
my favourite is the tainted one with the long hat/ jester thing Suspect
they are really good models! cant wait to see more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ObsidianLord
Captain
Captain
ObsidianLord

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 18:06

Ok this hobby starts to become horribly painful. Very Happy

My first tries at painting, i bet you all know how i may feel disappointed by those initial results, but i hope to improve quickly, so feel free to suggest me better techniques or some trick Wink

First of all i have sculpted some bases to look like mordheimy.
Nothing difficult, just applying a stratum of DAS. Easy as 1,2,3.
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Whitebases.th

Here there are my first three out of six nurglings: a clown, a jester and a balloon dispenser.
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Nurglings1.th
Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Nurglings2.th

They are painted with a black primer, then a veil of brown (or dark green for the jester), flesh drybrush (or green drybrush again for the jester), then details.
It's curious how those minis tend to drop their color quickly, revealing the metal parts covered with primer two days before Sad
I tried to cover such spots with red, giving them a more bloody-gross appeal, but perhaps i exaggerated a bit Very Happy

Any experience with nurglings? ^^
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 18:56

I LOVE the Clown Hair-do, the Derby, & the Balloons...GREAT ideas. Some additional high lighting & some neatening up are about all you need to do. COMING ALONG VERY WELL! Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos 544694
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009 - 0:28

Love the strongmen. the disproportionate arms are the funniest thing ive seen hobby wise in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos   Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsidianlord's Carnival of Chaos
Page 1 of 1