Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Help with bases/stands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
issuesgsxr

issuesgsxr

Trading Reputation : 0

Help with bases/stands Empty
PostSubject: Help with bases/stands   Help with bases/stands Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2009 - 23:44

Im new here, but ive been checking out alot of things on here and everybodies buildings miniatures look amazing, i was wondering if anybody had any ideas or tricks for painting burning ground or scattered cinders on a base, thats the idea that i have for when im done painting my warband, kinda make it look like their in an area of mordheim thats still burning. any ideas would be great thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kadzik
Knight
Knight
Kadzik

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Help with bases/stands   Help with bases/stands Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009 - 0:23

Cinder is rather easy: use fine sand, paint it deep black and highlight it twice to medium-dark grey.
Burning pieces are mistery for me. Once I've seen fire made of celophan (this silver to pack sandwiches) formed in irregular shapes and painted reds and yellow with cotton made smoke painted black. But I suppose it is good for bigger stuff like buildings, not bases :/
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Help with bases/stands   Help with bases/stands Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009 - 10:12

uh ... haven't tried it myself, but I would think for burning ground you could smear some putty or filler or whatever and then do the opposite of highlighting.
I would start with a clear bright yellow, and then work my way up through orange, to red, to black.
You should get some ideas if you google on miniature lava bases. I've seen them around.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with bases/stands   Help with bases/stands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with bases/stands
Page 1 of 1