Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?

Go down 
+2
catferret
Zogoff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zogoff
Youngblood
Youngblood
Zogoff

Trading Reputation : 0

What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Empty
PostSubject: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 14:52

I was wondering if anybody knows some place where I can find backpacks and gear that I could use for Mordheim figures. I figure while they're going through the city, they should be covered with pouches and packs and stuff. I mean, some of the Games Workshop sets come with extra bits and stufff I can use. But I see a lot of extra things on other peoples' warbands that I can't identify.

So is there some kind of set that contains packs and such? Or is it easier to just sculpt it yourself with green stuff?
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 15:06

Forge World sell sets of resin Imperial Guard upgrade kits that include backpacks and pouches. They aren't too 40k looking, you could probably get away with it.

If you can sculpt them it would save a lot of money. You could also likely get them all sculpted before the FW order arrived anyway. What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 18:29

They're typically scattered all over the place. There's no universal easy way to get a set of packs (besides forgeworld, i mean). Most of what you see is probably scavenged from numerous and varied kits.
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 23:09

You can get the Mordheim accessory sprue form GW mail order but it's a bit pricey. Try ebay looking for people selling off piles of bits.
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
Davespaceman
Knight
Knight
Davespaceman

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 19:17

Dwarf sprues are loaded with them all the various ones you might need.

The ones you're seeing ar probably just from a spru you haven't used.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 19:23

Try The War Store, Bitz Barn, and eBay seller Hoard O' Bits. They all sell individual components from plastic sets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?   What's a good source to find backpacks and gear? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a good source to find backpacks and gear?
Page 1 of 1