Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New player, wanting to get into Mordheim

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eternaldream
Hero
Hero
eternaldream

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Empty
PostSubject: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 15:46

Hello everyone. I'm currently a 21 year old college student. I've only gotten into miniatures within the past few years. It's become a fun hobby for me. I really like modeling and painting all the different miniatures. I first started with Warhammer, but I quit after awhile. I didn't like a lot of the rules, they were a little too fussy. I moved onto 40k for a bit after that. I liked how much terrain played a part in the game, but moving a hundred little guys around each turn soon got repetitive and boring. Plus I didn't really like the sci-fi themes. I'm more of a fantasy type of guy.

So that's when I started looking for some way to combine the two. Having fantasy figures, but with plenty of terrain to interact with. Plus with low numbers too, so each turn doesn't feel like a chore. So that's how I came to Mordheim. I found a bunch of resources all around the net.

I actually don't have anybody to play with at the moment. Though I've read the rules, and I think I have a pretty good grasp on them so far. I think I'm just going to go in head first and make a Mordheim table. For one, it would give me a good reason to experiment with different techniques I haven't used before, like hirstarts molds, and water effects with resin. I'd hope that I could find a group to play with. I don't really like my local game store. They're a bunch of elitist jerks.

So anyway, that's my story. Hopefully I'll be contributing soon.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 16:27

Well, Amigo, I think you're going to be a FINE ADDITION to the Crew. WELCOME ABOARD Tom the A's New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Sleep But COOL in an Esoteric Sort of Way Mordheim Forum. Have a LONG & MERRY stay! New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_cheers

With the table & a lack of opponents: BUILD IT & THEY WILL COME...or not. New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Suspect
Back to top Go down
eternaldream
Hero
Hero
eternaldream

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 17:04

Even if I can't get a group together, that's fine. I'll still have a blast building the thing. I think I probably like building stuff more than playing with it. Once something of mine is done, I usually lose interest. XD
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 17:45

eternaldream wrote:
Even if I can't get a group together, that's fine. I'll still have a blast building the thing. I think I probably like building stuff more than playing with it. Once something of mine is done, I usually lose interest. XD

Well I hope you don't lose interest. It's been quite some time since my last game against a live opponent, but the creative aspect of the Beasty has given me a TREMENDOUS amount of enjoyment over a GREAT number of years. I hope it proves the same for you, Amigo! New player, wanting to get into Mordheim 544694
Back to top Go down
eternaldream
Hero
Hero
eternaldream

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009 - 19:12

I'm quite content to play by myself too. I can only hope that one day I can develop multiple personalities, so people wouldn't judge me as much. lol
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 9:58

Meh, if you have a local gaming club where people play fantasy your bound to get at least one or two people interested. Hell, me and my friend used to be the only two people that play mord up at our gaming store, and after awhile people just started asking us how to play and if they could play with us. Especially if your going to build up a table and paint some minis, i'm sure you get at least a couple of fish to bite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player, wanting to get into Mordheim   New player, wanting to get into Mordheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New player, wanting to get into Mordheim
Page 1 of 1