Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Meerkat Madness campaign log

Go down 
+7
Jadex
Horatius
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Snappy_Dresser
DeafNala
Von Kurst
meerkat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Imbued84
Champion
Champion
Imbued84

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009 - 22:50

Nice ongoing campaign meerkat.

Get at it with some of them boxes your using and turn them into proper card ruins! Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_smile . The other terrain is looking really good, do I spot a Hero quest sarcofagus there?
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009 - 14:25

Thanks! Hopefully, the building situation will improve soon.

Yes, it's a heroquest tomb. And the battlemasters tower!
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009 - 1:48

Game 7: Undead

The undead have a lower rating, and roll the scenario. It's 'breakthrough,' and they choose to attack.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 G7aa

The witch hunter crossbow squad and the infamous Van Halfling (Mark II) set up in the central tower. The others lurk around elsewhere.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 G7a

The undead hide-and-seek their way across the table. The vampire charges a dog and kills it. One of the other dogs stays to intercept if the vampire tries to charge the witch hunter captain, and the other charges a ghoul. Everyone shoots the vampire, and he loses a wound.

The vampire darts off towards the board edge, and the two dogs fail to kill the ghouls. The vampire returns to finish off the dogs.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 G7b

And then Van Halfling shoots him and takes him out of action!

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 G7c

Not much happens on the other side of the board. Two ghouls get through, and the undead win.

Nevertheless, the witch hunters do well in the exploration phase.

The vampire survives, but loses one point of toughness permanently!

The legend of Van Halfling continues.

Game 8: possessed

It's a 'treasure hunt.' I'm suffering from second game syndrome, and don't play well.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 G8a

Two sprinting possessed find the chest and run for it. You can't see that in this picture, but it probably happened anyway.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 G8b

The possessed don't want to play, and move off once the chest is on its way.

Egeus Schelling Witch hunter captain with sword, mace, pistol and crossbow pistol (+1 ballistic skill)
Erasmus von Miltitz Warrior priest with hammer, staff and lucky charm
Martin Volker Witch hunter with two maces and crossbow (step aside)
Johann von Eck Witch hunter with mace, blunderbuss, long bow and hunting arrows (quick shot)
Titus van Marnix Witch hunter with two maces and crossbow (+1 initiative)
Albrecht Flagellant Hero with flail (resilient)
Istvan Flagellant (+1 attack)
Hermann Zealot with mace and short bow (+1 attack)
Philipp, Joost, Oskar, Titus and Sturm Five warhounds
Van Halfling Halfling scout (+1 attack)
Aldarion Elf ranger

I won the hunting arrows on the exploration table, by the way.
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Nov 2009 - 15:47

Thanks to the wonderful Duce, I now have a nice set of Mordheim buildings!

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Buildings1

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Buildings2

They will be used for the first time in my next game, against the orcs. Proper terrain at last!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Nov 2009 - 16:25

CONGRATULATIONS on ALL the COOL new terrain...VERY NICELY DONE! ALL the buildings will add to your already FINE reports WONDEFULLY. Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 0:52

Thanks! Duce made them, and they are awesome.

Here, in fact, is the first report using them:

Game 9: orcs

The orcs are in a bit of a sorry state after losing some members, and qualify for extra experience against the witch hunters. They are also outnumbered fifteen to twelve.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 1

It's a wyrdstone hunt, and there are three blocks of chaos rock on the top floors of three ruined buildings.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 2

The witch hunters chose sides, and then use the tactician skill to effectively deploy second anyway. They also start 12" on, and one witch hunter starts on the top floor of a high building, near a wyrdstone shard. Most of the others are ready to go for the central shard.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 3

The orcs go first and head forward. Apart from one goblin, who decided not to bother thanks to animosity. The witch hunters advance to the centre.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 4

The elf claims the wyrdstone shard, while the dogs charge! One takes on the orc hero as a diversion, while the other four take on the shaman. But the dogs fail, and the orc hero stuns the one fighting him.

Meanwhile, a witch hunter shoots the orc leader with his crossbow and takes him out of action.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 5

One goblin charges another and takes him out of action!

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 6

This is just the same turn from another angle.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 7

A squig goes crazy, and in the absence of a scatter dice we use a d12 and a clock. It's much better than a scatter dice, and I expect future warhammer box sets to come complete with a large clock.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 8

The orc hero finishes off the dog. The other dogs finish off the shaman.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 9

Everyone charges the orc hero. It's the dogs, having a higher initiative than the priest and flagellants, that take him out.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 10

The witch hunters shoot squigs, stunning them en masse.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 11

Two of the stunned squigs are taken out. The orcs decide to flee, taking the last shard of wyrdstone with them.

The witch hunters roll 'returning a favour' on the exploration chart (with a little help from the elf), and win an ogre (because it's the most expensive choice).

Egeus Schelling Witch hunter captain with sword, mace, pistol and crossbow pistol (+1 wound! He has three!)
Erasmus von Miltitz Warrior priest with hammer, staff and lucky charm (skill - mighty blow? Mind focus?)
Martin Volker Witch hunter with two maces and crossbow
Johann von Eck Witch hunter with mace, blunderbuss, long bow and hunting arrows
Titus van Marnix Witch hunter with two maces and crossbow (skill - step aside?)
Albrecht Flagellant Hero with flail (skill - not sure what)
Istvan Flagellant
Hermann Zealot with mace and short bow
Van Halfling Halfling scout
Aldarion Elf ranger (skill - maybe quick shot?)

By the way, Hermann the zealot has participated in three games now, and he has done absolutely nothing of any consequence. Also, I forgot that Johann had quick shot. Also also, I love my elf ranger. Also also also, the new building make the game a billion times better.
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 1:37

Looks great. Nice report. Good thinking on the clock for scatter. I like the new buildings, far better than regiment boxes Razz. Your tables still look a little scarce on terrain, by no fault of your own, of course. I would love to run a shooty warband in that campaign. I'd probably run Da Mob with lots of bows.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 4:25

Buildings! Duce is the best! Much better. Now about the way ya treated da poor orces...Sad
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 8:59

LOOKIN' GOOD! Duce is a FINE fellow...crazy as a loon, but fine nonetheless. I see the Orcs were using their famed "lulling dem into a false sense of security" tactic...it ain't easy being green. ANOTHER COOL REPORT! Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 544694
The clock is an EXCELLENT idea. The local group uses a spinner thingy like the ones that come in childrens' games.
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 9:14

nice battle rep and great terrain! qucik shot is always a nice skill for dem shooty gitz and for the skill for your priest what spell does he have, cause if i were you i'd keep rolling for spells till you got soulfire and maybe healing hand, and what is mind focus? is that like sorcery for prayer users? anyway keep the bat reps comin!
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 13:38

Thanks for the comments! The new terrain is great.

[b]JAFisher44[/b] wrote:
Your tables still look a little scarce on terrain

Really? Oh. How much is normal for mordheim - twice as much?

[b]Von Kurst[/b] wrote:
Now about the way ya treated da poor orces

I know, it was mean. They were in a bad way to begin with.

Two of the orc heroes came very close to dying after the game, rolling '16' and suffering multiple injuries.

[b]DeafNala[/b] wrote:
it ain't easy being green

That's very true. They seem to have a lot of disadvantages as a warband, what with animosty and their general inability to climb well.

Poor orcs.

AFKzombie wrote:
for the skill for your priest what spell does he have, cause if i were you i'd keep rolling for spells till you got soulfire and maybe healing hand, and what is mind focus? is that like sorcery for prayer users?

He's currently got hammer of Sigmar (which I like a lot) and soulfire (which I have never successfully used). Mind focus is an academic skill from the mordheim annual, and lets you reroll one of the dice any time you cast a spell or prayer. I think having that would make my current prayers more reliable (soulfire is almost unuseable at the moment).
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 18:21

o wow, yeah mind focus sounds great i'd go for that.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2009 - 19:00

meerkat wrote:
Really? Oh. How much is normal for mordheim - twice as much?

However much you & your group feel comfortable with/enjoy is THE RIGHT amount of terrain. The group I do the Mordheim boards for like tall, dense & complicated; SO...they have a LOT of buildings on the board.

meerkat wrote:
That's very true. They seem to have a lot of disadvantages as a warband, what with animosty and their general inability to climb well.
Poor orcs.

Orcs & Goblins are PERFECT for someone with a STRANGE twisted sense of humor & a STRONG feeling for the absurd to whom winning or losing isn't even a secondary consideration...someone like moi. Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 8:07

indead, you ned a good sense of humor to play orcs and goblins, just the other day i was playing my forest goblin warband and i had three shooty goblins up in a tower and it seemed each turn one of um' swore he heard one of dem other gits talking trash behind his back; until the only one on the third story of the building decided that he would show um' waz wut and leapt off the top floor, falling, surviving, and becoming a hero after the game. good times.
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Nov 2009 - 18:29

I'm definitely not the sort of person who would enjoy using an orc warband!

[b]AFKzombie[/b] wrote:
i had three shooty goblins up in a tower and it seemed each turn one of
um' swore he heard one of dem other gits talking trash behind his back;
until the only one on the third story of the building decided that he
would show um' waz wut and leapt off the top floor, falling, surviving,
and becoming a hero after the game.

That's funny though!

DeafNala wrote:

However much you & your group feel comfortable with/enjoy is THE RIGHT amount of terrain.

We aren't very experienced at Mordheim yet (or indeed, experienced with having proper terrain!) so it's hard to really know what's best. I thought the amount we used in the last game was pretty good, though I say that from the perspective of someone with a lot of missile weapons...

Anyway, skill-wise I'm thinking mind focus for the priest and quick shot for the elf. I think I might take dodge for the witch hunter, since he tries to stay away from combat anyway and is more likely to be shot. For the flagellant, I think either step aside or strongman.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Nov 2009 - 19:27

meerkat wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
However much you & your group feel comfortable with/enjoy is THE RIGHT amount of terrain.

We aren't very experienced at Mordheim yet (or indeed, experienced with having proper terrain!) so it's hard to really know what's best. I thought the amount we used in the last game was pretty good, though I say that from the perspective of someone with a lot of missile weapons.

The was a PRETTY vaque answer on my part. To be somewhat more precise, the initial board I did for Monkey Head Mac had 16 buildings to which a couple were added later. Since then three more boards have been completed, &, when I finish the four buildings I have underway for him, he'll have 100 buildings including St Vollar's Cemetery & Cathedral AND the Steinhardt Memorial Gardens. That represents three years of off & on work...AND STILL NO END IN SIGHT or photos for that matter. Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009 - 4:38

Mordheim=terrain. I just noticed from the photos that all the incidental pieces were missing. Low walls, rubble, all those statues you have. Checkout Flame On's stuff or my threads and you should see a higher density of terrain, especially toward the middle of the table. (Unless its a jungle ambush or Playtable's new bridge table...)

I am finding the orcs to be a riot! In a good way. Smile
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009 - 15:36

DeafNala wrote:
the initial board I did for Monkey Head Mac had 16 buildings to which a couple were added later. Since then three more boards have been completed, &, when I finish the four buildings I have underway for him, he'll have 100 buildings including St Vollar's Cemetery & Cathedral AND the Steinhardt Memorial Gardens. That represents three years of off & on work...AND STILL NO END IN SIGHT or photos for that matter. Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Suspect

That's a lot of terrain!

Von Kurst wrote:
I just noticed from the photos that all the incidental pieces were missing. Low walls, rubble, all those statues you have.

That's right - I was so excited by the new buildings that I forgot to bring any of that stuff.

So we do need more buildings then. Maybe the other members of my group will supply some soon!
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009 - 0:48

No clock this time...

Game 10: Skaven

The Skaven had a rating of more than three hundred, but not enough to allow the witch hunters to gain extra experience. But it was higher, so the witch hunters rolled for scenario: they were able to chose, and picked 'surprise attack.'

Also, the skaven had apparently looted a graveyard after a previous game, and thus were hated by the witch hunters.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 1

The witch hunters set up in a group, as far forward as possible.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 2

On the skaven side, almost no one had shown up for the game... the sorcerer and his rats, a minor hero, and a hired warlock.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 3

The witch hunters advanced. The elf stayed where he was and attempted to climb, but failed. He didn't actually succeed until his third attempt, which was quite an achievement considering he only failed on a 'six.'

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 4

Both sides tried some shooting, but no one achieved much.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 5

Three skaven henchmen show up, and are charged by dogs and ogres. The other dogs charge a group of rats hiding out in a ruin. The skaven sorcerer and his good friend the warlock are knocked down by shooting, but sadly don't fall out of the windows. Another skaven hero also arrives, but runs away from the action.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 6

Two more groups of henchmen arrive, very late. The leader and the other two heroes don't bother to show up at all.

Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 7

The warrior priest is hit by the 'gnawdoom' spell, and almost taken out. His rabbit's foot saves him by changing the result to 'stunned.' The three rats and the three slingers are all defeated. The witch hunter captain shoots the warlock with his crossbow pistol and takes him out. Johann the witch hunter takes out the skaven sorcerer thanks to his hunting arrows.

The skaven decide to rout.

The victorious witch hunters recover six shards of wyrdstone, and roll 'returning a favor' yet again. So they have another hired sword to choose... perhaps the freelancer?

Egeus Schelling Witch hunter captain with sword, mace, pistol, crossbow pistol and lucky charm
Erasmus von Miltitz Warrior priest with hammer, staff, rabbit's foot and lucky charm
Martin Volker Witch hunter with two maces, crossbow, and lucky charm
Johann von Eck Witch hunter with mace, blunderbuss, long bow, hunting arrows and lucky charm (+1 I)
Titus van Marnix Witch hunter with two maces and crossbow
Albrecht Flagellant Hero with flail and lucky charm
Istvan Flagellant (+1 WS)
Hermann Zealot with mace and short bow
Van Halfling Halfling scout
Aldarion Elf ranger
Grolsch Ogre Bodyguard
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 11:25

HOORAY! The Blessed Forces of Holy Sigmar defeat the Vile Vermin from HELL! Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 14:30

It's only the second game he's lost!

Good old surprise attack!
Back to top Go down
Gen.Steiner
Warrior
Warrior
Gen.Steiner

Location : London, England, UK, NW Europe, Earth, the Solar System, Milky Way, the Universe, the Multiverse; wh

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009 - 17:03

This is ace reading! Play more games! Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_razz

On a more serious note, the terrain is good and I feel that all you really need is a bit more of it. Perhaps combine what you started with, Duce's terrain, and anything else you can get your hands on (books to put underneath buildings, or pringles tubes as towers, that sort of thing) to up the density of terrain.

Like Necromunda, Mordheim is best played with a LOT of terrain. But there's no rush - build your collection as you go and most of all, have fun (and give Van Halfling a stake).
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009 - 14:42

Thanks!

Our group find it a bit hard to arrange games regularly, so that's why the campaign is a bit slow-paced.

Thanks for the advice on terrain. We've still got all those boxes from before, plus my statues and walls. Maybe if we combine all of that we'll be closer to the proper Mordheim situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Madness campaign log   Meerkat Madness campaign log - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meerkat Madness campaign log
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2