Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Empty
PostSubject: Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!   Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009 - 18:44

Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics021" />Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics021Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics022</A>" />Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics022Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics019</A>" />Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics019Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics023</A>" />
Being new to mordheim I didn't have any terrain with the right feel to it, I thought that it would be a good idea to have some basic stuff, so I started with a couple of houses. I used a template found in an old WD for size and shape, material wise I used balsa wood, foam card, filler and coffie stirers ( stolen wholesale from a generic coffie shop ) and a door from the old AHQ box.
There are actually two diff houses here, the difference being the ruined side and the junk in the top floor.
I was quite pleased with them....... untill I found this forum and saw everyone elses stuff! Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_cry
The plan is to put then on a base together.
Sorry for the massive pics, I haven't figured out how to resize yet.Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Davespics023</A>
Back to top Go down
Guhlprotector
Hero
Hero
Guhlprotector

PostSubject: Re: Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!   Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009 - 19:12

Real nice stuff! How did You the stucture on the walls of the ground-floor?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!   Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009 - 19:42

VERY NICE START! Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! 544694
They both show a feel for the subject & a LOT of potential. The roofs turned out REALLY WELL! & I like the clutter/debris up on the second floor.
Don't be intimidated by what others can do...we all started as basic modelers.
AND your stuff is MUCH BETTER than my first piece. Keeep up the FINE WORK! Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! 544694
Back to top Go down
smokezombie
Warlord
Warlord
smokezombie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!   Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009 - 19:54

Thanks. the roof is my fave bit, though I would have prefered the tiles to overlap like in real life.
the stucco was just filler slapped onto the walls, to make it stick I scored many lines into the foam card.
lol I just notised that I posted each pic twice.

I'm currently working on the obligatory "pringle" tower. wip pics to follow.

Any ideas or links for a way to resize my pics... and how small should I make them?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!   Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009 - 20:03

The photo size is fine...it would be easier to view if they were stacked vertically however.
Woodland Scenics' Foam Putty works nicely for texture & filling.
You can get it in a good model RR shop.
Looking forward to the DREAD TOWER OF PRINGLE! Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Affraid Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! 544694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!   Terrain basics........warning big pic size!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrain basics........warning big pic size!!
Page 1 of 1