Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Empty
PostSubject: Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03   Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009 - 17:37

Week 02, Game 03: Chance Encounter
Ork vs. Imperial Guard

Next morning, Warpedfang woke up from a sharp pain in his shoulder from a kick. One of the Lumps grinned close to his face, “Da Boss wanna see ya’… now!” How the mighty had fallen… now he had lost the respect of everyone. It was not the moment for his to bitch about anything… he was not strong enough to be Da Boss. He walked out to the only makeshift shelter. A big white skull with red jaw adorned the entrance. He could see The Albino sitting on his small throne, surrounded by Gretchins… some feeding him, some being fed to him.

“Yeah… urrrr… Boss?” All heads turned to Warpedfang after he spoke. The Albino smiled. “Time fo’ Waaagh! We be to find another compound fo’ me Stompa! Back to the tunnels… ya’ take the front Warpedfang. We all know the Squigz an’ Grotz go furst.” The Albino stood up, his pale green skin glistened in the morning sun. The toxic haze in the lower atmosphere made everything shine in a reddish glow. He walked pass Warpedfang and pushed him to the ground. First in the tunnel… now he WAS in the bottom of the group.

Several hours beyond the time they were supposed to arrive at their destination, they popped out of a tunnel. They were definitely on the wrong location; a subsector southwest of Melkor. This part of town was long abandoned… a ghost town. Skumgobbler spoke to nobody in particular, “Me know we gotta turn right at Albuquesque…” The Albino smacked him in the back of the head. “We be no lost… Da Boss knows what Da Boss wants an’ where to geddit.” He pointed to a large warehouse. The Orks had no idea how The Albino always knew where the good toys were, but he was always right. Passing the clear sign that read “Imperial P.X. – Come with your Imperial Express Card, leave with all your military needs.” The Boyz marveled at the amount of shelves… most empty, few with boxes.

The Albino sent the Boyz to gather everything and he packed several crates with machine parts and other items. “Time to blow t’is joint!” After everyone delighted in the pyro-works and the warehouse was burned to the ground, the Orks started marching loudly to their main camp. After almost an hour, they spotted some movement. The Sneaky-Boss and his gang vanished to scout forward.
The Humans had already taken defensive positions on a medium size building. Werzzhim alerted the others, who quickly moved towards the enemy. Few shots from laser weaponry were fired to the Kommandoz, but their tough skins could not be breached at the distance. The Albino saw the enemy… he suspected that it could be DaBank’s men. Obviously, DaBank was nowhere in the area… the human could not resist to try to prove he was better. He ordered the Warpedfang, the Lumps and Gretchins to move forward… the scum had to be used as meat-shields. The Boyz and other bigger Orks followed on the charge.

As they got close to the building, the enemy fire intensified. One of the Lumps and a Boy fell flat on their faces. Other Orks continued to charge, trampling on their fallen comrades… as the useless rugs they now were. The Boyz were exited! They started to fire up in the air, instead to the enemy. They only care for the sound of their Dakkas… The Albino was SURE it was DaBank’s men. Humans normally panic at the sight and sound of his Boyz… only DaBank was stupid enough to stand his ground. Yet, he was nowhere to be seen.

“Flush DaBank out! One hundred tefs to da one who makes DaBank show himself… ‘nd if anyone kills ‘im, me will skin ya alive! DaBank’s mine!” He pressed forward, shooting his Shoota to some recruits, blowing half of the building’s corner they were using for cover in the process. The humans shot back. One of them aimed at Warpedfang… DaBank! Well… he was not sure, all humans look the same… but he was going to die and then he would be Boss. He ordered two Boyz to charge the human. The Gretchins heard the barked commands and decided to shoot.

The first one looked at his gun barrel before shooting… he needed to make sure there was no earwax on it again. Satisfied the barrel was clean he decided to test the trigger. It worked very well. Unfortunately, he forgot to aim the gun away from his eye. The Gretchin fell down, with a bullet hole close to his right eye socket. The second Gretchin started cackling and decided to shoot his fallen comrade out of his misery.

Aiming carefully to his other eye socket, he pulled his Blasta’s trigger. At the same time he was bumped by a charging Boy, who made the shot deviate farther right. It hit a metal plate and bounced south. There it hit a rotten wooden support beam, which collapsed making a lamp fall. The lamp, hung by its electrical wires, swung to the side until it tipped a piece of metal bar. The bar fell from the 2nd story at great speed on top of the human Officer’s head. The man, not expecting the blow, instinctively jerked forward, hitting himself on an almost invisible metal bar close to his forehead and fell unconscious top the floor.

The Boyz aimed at the other humies on the other corner of the building. One of the men fell from their bullets. Skumgobbler summoned the power of the Warp, taking an enemy down. The Albino was please… the attack was going very well. Unfortunately for him, he had no idea of what was really going on.

Wapedfang and his Boyz arrived, only to found the human already ‘dead’ on the floor and nine humans aiming their weapons at them. On the other side, a man carrying a flamer was about to move forward and roast four Boyz. The Orks were going to be exterminated.

Suddenly, all the humans moved away. The Albino saw DaBank. DABANK! He roared in complete anger ready to call upon the power of the Waaagh! Suddenly, he noticed DaBank pointing at the Sky… then flipping him the bird. The action taken, a large explosion blasted half of the ground between The Albino and his most hated arch-enemy. Several Space-Bombs were landing close by. It WAS a trap! DaBank was trying to be sneaky… he had to search for a bunker. He would not let DaBank win this way… next time, he would kill him.

After the smoke cleared the Orks moved back to the open ground to continue the fight. The humans had left… like the cowards they always are. They looked around and found some more tech for the Mekboy, couple of nice gun. The Sneaky-Boos found himself a laser sight for his new Dakka. Now, he would be a force to be reconned with!

Nobody could ever defeat The White Waagh!

===================================

Victory to the White Waaagh!

AHHH! Almost got my ass handed down! I walked into a magnificent trap… I expected to loose Warpedfang and at least 3 Boyz. Instead, The Last Cancers routed! Andy never rolls 12… but he did! Damn! The Scenario was really fun… the deployment in quarters is a nice departure from the normal 8” deployment and made for great tactical deployment. Andy setup his models perfectly… and I just got lucky… especially with the Gretchin taking Lt. Gomer Pyle OOA! What are the freaking chances? LOL!

I had 4 extra Resources… so now I can save some of those to insure maximum income in the near future. Trash-Kan… here we go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03   Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009 - 18:30

It was fun! I got a few lucky shots off but if I had not rolled box cars. LOL It could have been a bit different.

That is why an Orbital strike was called in. LOL. Yea, Yea that's it. Orbitial Strike.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03   Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009 - 18:39

As I read my way through I could hear the Loony Tunes theme palying through my Wizened, Semi-Operable Old Brain ending with a stuttered "That's all Folks". WELL WRITTEN REPORT! I don't know if photos could do justice to the level of Comedy evoked by the Report. Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 665330
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03   Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009 - 3:30

In all honestly, there was no way I could explain with a straight face that a Gretchin took an Officer OOA with one shot... to me it was most likely all that bouncing Rube Goldberg events would be more likely.

Rube Goldberg's Machines

Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Rube-goldberg
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03   Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009 - 9:59

lol! I LOVE Rube Goldberg's inventions; they were a weekly thing in the Sunday Daily News in my boyhood. Their approach to gadgetry is VERY in keeping with Orky-Tech...also fits with my approach to humor. When combine with the Marty Feldman look of the Goblins/Gretchin, you are entering the Silly Zone. Suspect
ACTUALLY though, the Goblins have a better BS than the Orks, SO...the Little Guy would have had a better chance of pulling off the trick shot, but your description IS just SO MUCH funnier. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03   Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Squads - The White Waagh! Game 03
Page 1 of 1