Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Blue Table Painting

Go down 
+3
Erkwin
Hellfoot
JohnYoung
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnYoung
General
General
JohnYoung

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Blue Table Painting Empty
PostSubject: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2007 - 3:30

I just wanted to share with you a nice discover I made a couple of weeks ago: Blue Table Painting. It's a wargame pro painting service and a scenery making service as well. I doubt that anyone reading this forum would consider buying painted figs from this business, since a Mordheim warband is assemblied and painted much faster than a WH army + ya'll seem to enjoy painting models as much as playing.

But it's still worth cheking. There is very talented artists working at BTP, I took some scenery idea from their videos. There is also nice videos battle report and some 'painting' tips.

The Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bluetablepainting
The site
www.bluetablepainting.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2007 - 15:18

nice m8 thx for the info

i love his ogre viking display

Cheers
Hellfoot Shocked
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2007 - 22:10

The Tau drons army looks fantastic!

Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2007 - 22:41

This guy is the man. Seeing his work truly gives me inspiration.

Enjoy
Cheers
Hellfoot santa
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2007 - 22:49

Hmm link doesn't work.

Fixed
--Admin Tom
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2007 - 23:58

Yeah, I know Blue Table Painting.

It's not only one guy, but a whole crew. There are some videos on YouTube made by them.

Some of their creations are really nice, but all in all, I think most of their creations lack some originality (not all, some are nice, but most). I don't mean to be condescendant and I really like the fact that they provide such a great service to some people, but I just feel that for a professional studio, painting and modelling 20h a day and charging what they charge, the result could be a little more convincing.

Compare it to the 'Eavy Metal painters from Games Workshop for example. I am not saying that BTP can or should have a stadard as high as these guys, but I would expect them to paint miniatures that are at least "very pleasant" to look at and/or "somehow original".

And that is not always the case in my opinion. Most miniatures look as if painted in a rush, and with mainstream color schemes. I actually think that some "pre-painted", mass-produced miniatures (like AT43 by Rackham) look better than expensive custom ordered projects at BTP.

Let's look at some pics

Does this orc regiment seem in any way special to you? Is the paintjob REALLY something you could not do yourself with just a little effort?
Blue Table Painting Btp_410
Is there any individuality to the way these orcs are assembled? Would you be willing to pay $180 (or €128) for these 16 miniatures?
Blue Table Painting Btp_110

Same goes for the bases. Does this look "realistic" to you? Do you feel like standing in a moist, cold, enchanted wood in autumn when looking at these?
Blue Table Painting Btp_210
I really hate bragging, and I detest it when people quote themselves, but I know that with the same amount of time and effort you can make autumn bases that look way better... I know it, trust me, because I tried myself.

And you can say what you will, but I definitely smell some "fanatic army painter" here! And I think it is a bit dishonnest charging loads of money for a miniature you have dipped in paint and is "finished" in 5 minutes...
Blue Table Painting Btp_310

Here's an AT43 miniature for comparison:
Blue Table Painting At4310

Please feel free to disagree with me! Smile I might be too harsh in my judgement.

Conclusively I would like to add that even though I would not order anything from them, i think BTP is a good thing, and anyone who thinks he needs their help (and has the money) should gladly make use of their services.
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007 - 11:51

Funny you mention this, Tom. Actually when I was browsing through their website yesterday again (I did when the link popped up in another thread) I thought, in fact, that I like your models a lot more than what they do. Yours look like they have "soul".

Anyway, let's not forget that painting whole regiments is a pain in the ass. And they do have these "levels" for detail and layers. A Mordheim warband could be painted with each model having the highest level (incredibly expensive) whereas as normal regiment does understandably have a way lower level.

Good and valid point concerning the unoriginality, though.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007 - 13:29

cianty wrote:
I like your models a lot more than what they do. Yours look like they have "soul".

Thanks Cianty, that's very kind of you! Very Happy

And it's true that they paint their orders in 2-4 weeks, even if it's a huge army, which is very very fast. I would need the same time for a 10-model warband because I invest much more time per figure and because I can only do it part-time.

But still I believe it's better to take a little more time, and have models that you will still like in a year's time instead of having everything ready for gaming in a few weeks and not be 100% satisfied with the way the minis look. Who cares if you take half a year to complete your army? 'Cos when you do, at least it will look awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007 - 15:38

I agree with cianty, "soul" is the right word to describe Tom's figures.

Also, for me painting is one of the most interesting things in this hobby. Of course playing is a big part, but I think the difference between TableTop and a common board game is painting&converting. That's why I wouldn't buy such a painted miniture, no matter how it is painted, because I want to paint them myself, and if it takes a long time, so be it.

And because Tom mentioned FAP:
Blue Table Painting Bild_110

Also from BTP
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007 - 22:22

To be honnest, I don't like to buy converted/painted models because if you make them yourself, you can be really proud of it.. even if you aren't good at painting/sculpting you should try and you'll get skills in no time Smile I must agree that some of there creations are nice but the paintjob isn't always nice.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007 - 22:45

Tagnator wrote:
To be honnest, I don't like to buy converted/painted models because if you make them yourself, you can be really proud of it.. even if you aren't good at painting/sculpting you should try and you'll get skills in no time Smile I must agree that some of there creations are nice but the paintjob isn't always nice.. Very Happy

True that. I totally agree... could you imagine:

"Hi guys, here is my Hobby room, with all of my Mordhiem models."
"Wow! That Oger looks AWESOME! Did you do this?"
".... No... I just bought it.."

Or...

"Yes I Did!" *puffs out chest* *Da-Ding*
*Ashton Gains 3 Envy Points*

Which would you prefer

geek
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2007 - 22:48

Ashton wrote:

"Yes I Did!" *puffs out chest* *Da-Ding*
*Ashton Gains 3 Envy Points*

Which would you prefer

geek

lol!

Isn't that why we all paint models insteed of playing with coins and paper marks to represent the warriors? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Table Painting   Blue Table Painting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Table Painting
Page 1 of 1