Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ideas for a Sumo henchman

Go down 
+5
Ethlorien
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ezekiel
Eliazar
Rabu
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009 - 7:55

I'd just like to point out with S4, effective T5, 3W, 2A, and special skills, this guy is likely going to cost around 200 to hire.

I suggested the Protective Fat rule for a more defensive sumo. It's also a way for a human to reach effective toughness 5. If you want this guy to be cheaper, I'd use the halfling's Layers of Fat skill (6+ armor save) instead. The difference between T4 and T5 is huge. If you do keep T5, he's gonna have to go down to 2 wounds.

Right now you have a ton of possible special rules. Now you're the one who has to narrow them down. So far we've all suggested what we think would be neat, but this is your idea, and we can't choose for you. Select the skills/abilities you like most and let him start with a couple and be able to learn a couple more. Then we'll help you knock out any kinks and get a rough price estimate, and then hopefully you can test him in some real games.
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009 - 10:24

So dropping Protective Fat will make him alot cheaper? In that case it
is something i'm more then willing to do. I could allways take
Resilient as he advances later on instead.

How about when you hire him he starts with these three rules: As Large as Three Men, Grapple, Sumo Rush? Anything else are just a possibility through advances.
Back to top Go down
http://miniatures-terrain.blogspot.com
hutt lord

hutt lord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 4:56

I think making each additional special rule be taken as the sumo advances is an excellent idea. All of the special rules are cool and add good flavor, and making them be taken as advances would cut the cost of the model.
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 23:21

For those who followed this thread, i'd like to know if some of you have any ideas for a Geisha hero. How would a character like that fit to the history behind the Geisha, some sort of Seduction maybe, or Innocent Glance.. Could a character like this fit as a magic user, like a battle mage with access to 1 handed weapons?
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 23:48

I'd sooner make her more an assassin then a wizard, myself. Seduction would work well with that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 23:53

So basicly a character who can take advantage of your opponent and then claim the kill when he least expects it. Yeah, that would fit with some of the Geishas history.

But how to make a playable character out of it..

I saw the Lahmian vampires in the Ultimate Rulebook had some sort of Seduction special skill, but i thought it was kind of weak since both had to take a Ld test. And when you face off with players with 8-10 Ld the skills is verry likely not to go through.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 15:36

Perhaps you'd need to write an entire warband for your ideas... The Geisha could be a 0-1 Hero slot warrior, perhaps molded off the Skaven assassin a little. Or a DP?
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 15:41

I am basing my warband around mrbrettonias great work on his Nippon warband found in this section of the board. The general idea was to replace the Sage in his warband for a Geisha as i havent found a Sage/Monk model who fit the rest of the warband containing Perry Miniature Samurai. The geisha on the other h and fits perfectly in size and comes from Hasslefree Miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Sumo henchman   Ideas for a Sumo henchman - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for a Sumo henchman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2