Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Empty
PostSubject: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2007 - 21:17

Hey i saw the Marauders of Chaos warband i got kinda interested. but is it balanced to be used in a normal Mordheim campaign?

Cheers
Hellfoot santa
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2007 - 21:40

The warband was written for normal Mordheim campaigns. Actually I have never played the warband myself until recently - only against. There are two other dudes in my group one of which has always played them. So the band was always fighting against Reiklanders, Skaven, Undead, etc. I wrote it for a friend who was playing Chaos Warriors in Warhammer and he missed a Mordheim equivalent. So I was always facing them instead of getting a chance to abuse them.

Also note that Tom (the editor of the Letters of the Damned ezine - yeah, one more Tom) does playtest the warbands that make it into the ezine so you should feel comfortable in general when considering warband/hired sword rules from it.

I did get feedback from people all over the world who tried the list and no one had any problems yet. However, if you do encounter serious problems with it (which are not due to sheer luck and idiocy of your opponents), I'd be more than happy to hear about it and improve the list. Anyway, the list exists for about 3 years now, going through many changes over time, and I do feel comfortable saying that it is a well-written list.

I hope this does give you a good feeling about trying the warband. And I'd love to see some painted marauders, shamans and condemned!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2007 - 21:43

ok thx cianty your the best Very Happy

I will start working on the warband but im not that good at converting etc hehe Smile

Cheers
Hellfoot santa
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2007 - 23:03

Hellfoot wrote:
ok thx cianty your the best Very Happy

I will start working on the warband but im not that good at converting etc hehe Smile

Cheers
Hellfoot santa

Cool! And please post your starting warband list. I'd love to see it. Also it helps to have an idea of what you are aimng for when buying/converting models. Granted, you'll need a Condemned model of some sort. But which Chaos God do you want to follow? If you are going for Khorne you won't need a Shaman model but another Champion with a whip instead. If you are planning to play Tzeentch you maybe want a lead who look like he could cast one spell or another too. And you should decide which tribe you want to play. A fully mounted Hung warband (talking of the Heroes) will require totally different models than another. A Kurgan warband with 10 starting Warhounds of Chaos will make you purchase twice as many dogs as any other tribe (cause they are restricted to 5 warhounds).

Feeling comfortable with a certain Chaos God and tribe will make it easier for you to buy/paint/equip your miniatures so I can recommend doing so. Oh, and of course all 4 God have totally different color styles.
Back to top Go down
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jan 2008 - 15:24

OK so after playing the first game i got a bit confused with the condemned. when does he get fixed stats?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jan 2008 - 0:46

Hellfoot wrote:
OK so after playing the first game i got a bit confused with the condemned. when does he get fixed stats?

As long as they are variable you determine the stats each turn. Once you get a characteristic increase through experience such as Strength e.g. you roll a dice once and then choose whether you want to have the stat fixed to that number from now on or if you want to keep it variable.

I hope this helped. If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify whatever confusion is left.
Back to top Go down
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jan 2008 - 1:33

so when you get the increase for example strength, and you roll a 4 for example. 4 is the max or his newly fixed strength?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jan 2008 - 20:09

4 is his new fixed Strength value. This can be increased through future advances like with any other model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)   Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marauders of Chaos (question for cianty)
Page 1 of 1