Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )

Go down 
+2
Da Bank
rory
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rory
Captain
Captain
rory

Trading Reputation : 0

beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Empty
PostSubject: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 20:11

He guy's

Just some questions concerning the woodelf rules and the beastmen raiders rules. Me and some of my mates have been playing a couple of campaign for some months now. And about a month ago one of them has started a wood elf band. i know that the rules for them are experimentel but one of the spells is just ridicilous. I'm talking about : ' Oakskin: The wizard’s skin takes on the appearance
of rigid oak. This spell gives the wizard a 2+ armor save which replaces any
other armor save. Difficulty: 7' I mean dif 7 is just ridicilous for a 2+ armour save that lasts for the rest of the game right ?. And then theres that tree. I've got a beastmen band 2 and it has a minitour wich is as big as that tree but can't get into buildings and counts as a big target with shooting. But the damn tree can get into buildings and is not a big target. My final question is about the beastmen warband limit. It says that itd 15 but it can become higher if there are certain buildingd within the encampment. What does this mean then ?? I hope some of you pro's can help me out on these points.

thanks in advance Wink

Rory
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 20:26

Where are the Wood Elf rules coming from? As I don't recall them.

Are the bestmen rules the ones from SG Games or home made?
Back to top Go down
rory
Captain
Captain
rory

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 20:40

We use all our rules from mordheimer.com. Is this a bad source to use then ?

rory
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 20:54

Yes and No.

Let me answer this gracefully as Mordheimer is a personal friend of mine. Mordheimer has created a wonderful site for Mordheim but look at the warbands that say unofficial and you will find something wrong with most.

The Wood Elf Warband is wholly and completely Unofficial and is not balanced.

In no way should a model get a 2+ save on difficulty 7 for the whole game.

I would get with your gaming group and make this more balanced.

Now on the tree. If anyone tells you a TREE can fit in a building and your guys can't then ask them "What are you Smoking?" Seriously, This is another one of those oversites by a home brewed warband.

This example is why people should really think about what they put down when they are creating a warband.

If someone really wanted this and really wanted to be fair the difficulty should be a 11 or 12. Also, it goes against the normal Mordheim rules for length of spells.

As for the Beastman I can only gather it is the SG one.

Look for the encampment rules. They should be on Mordheimer.com. This is an option for those who want more models.

I will get with Mordheimer on modifying that warband to be more realistic. It may be a bit as we are tried up on a joint venture.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 22:05

Or, make the spell have a cap. For example, it's very similar to "armour of righteousness", (Dif 9, but also causes fear), which lasts UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF YOUR NEXT SHOOTING PHASE.

Wood-Spirit: I, too, would agree that he should probably be a Large target, thus being +1 to hit and an extra +20 rating (then again, I kinda think Possessed should be too, but that's just me.) Easy enough to house rule.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 1:54

Yeah, considering that the whole warband is essentially a "house rule", its probably fine to change it for the better.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 2:12

Styro idea is good also that they have to test each turn to see if it still works. But it would still need to be a challenge.

@Rory...I got a great idea if the Wood Elf player doesn't want to change then I would implement that tress are flamable and thus burn quickly.

Buy some fire arrows and shoot away at the tree and have a cook out.
Back to top Go down
rory
Captain
Captain
rory

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 12:33

Yah i know the tree is flamable, it has some penalty's when its hit by fire spells in the rules. Where getting together tomorrow again so where all gonna talk about it. I didn't like the idea of wood elves being in mordheim in the first place. But as one of u guys said the rules from mordheimer aren't that trust worthy. Where should we get our rules from then ? What source do you guys use.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 13:16

There are two groups of rules for Warbands on Mordheimer.com

Official and Unofficial.

Use the Official ones and you should be alright or use the unofficial ones but expect to make some changes.

Mordheimer.com is the ultimate resource for Mordheim. I have everything backed up on a server but no website.

Again, Mordheimer.com is an excellent resource just look over the warbands.
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 13:19

Maby you should try the wood elfs from Brahm Tazoul home page (pretty sure its him who made it), but i cant find his
home page and im at work right now, but will try to find it for tomorow.
They might be a little more balancede, i playede it once for maby 4-5 games and it looks ok.

It got a wardancer leader + 2 wardancer henchmen, one mage and 2 waywatcher heroes. Then it got 3-4 BS 4 henchmen, some other kinda of henchmen (think they got some +with throwing spears) and 2-4 wolfs.
The leader HAVE to charge/move to leaders from a dark elf/beastmen warband, so might prove interisting if you got a beastmen warbang.
Hope this can help. (Might help more when i can find the rules) Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
rory
Captain
Captain
rory

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 17:22

Well yeah you have official and unofficial, but the official ones are only for a couple of bands. And i dont wanna play any of them so.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 17:45

Personally, if I were to make a Proxy for the Wood Elf band, I'd use the Lustria Dark elf band. It's not too powerful (only 4 heroes and not too crazy stats), you have two heroes without access to missiles (wardancers), and can choose between affordable novices or expensive elites, with wild animals as support. With your group's permission, change a few skills and spells to resemble the Shadow Elves list, and switch Repeater Crossbows with Elf Bows, and Bob's your uncle.

Or, if you're having trouble justifying Wood Elves in Mordheim City, maybe they're banished or corrupted Wood Elves. Explains the Dark Magic spell list and uses of poisons, as their hearts have hardened and they've learned to kill or be killed.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 22:25

Styro has a good point. You the Shadow Warrior or Dark Elves rules and say they are Wood Elves. Change the name to the models and spells and you are good to go.

As the Wood Elf warband you are talking about sounds a bit over the top.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 15:04

Modding Dark Elves to Wood Elves:
Replace "Kindred Hatred" with "Foresters: May treat Wooded Terrain as normal ground."
Equipment: Remove Dark Elf Blade, Beast Lash, Crossbow Pistol, Repeater Crossbow, and Sea Dragon Cloak. Add Steel Whip (Beastmaster only), Bow, Long Bow, Elf Bow, & Elf Cloak.
Shades: Become Wardancers. Lose access to Armor, but gain "Immune to Psychology".
Skills: "Master of Poisons" becomes "Master of Potions", and makes 1D3-1 Healing Herbs which MUST be used that game or discarded.
Spells: Use Alternate Spell list: Shadow Elves, Elf Mage Hired Sword List, Ostlander "Prayer of Taal" List.

Modding Shadow Warriors to Wood Elves:
Replace "Hate Dark Elves" with "Foresters: May treat Wooded Terrain as normal ground."
Equipment: Remove Ithilmar Armour, Standard of Nagarythe
Heroes: At start, may replace any Shadow Walker with a Wardancer. Same stats and cost and is immune to psychology, but cannot use long range weapons nor armor.
Spells: Use Shadow Elves, or use Alternate Spell list: Elf Mage Hired Sword List, Ostlander "Prayer of Taal" List.

Shadow Warrior Notes: If the warband seems to sparse (with the removal of armor), simply add 0-5 Norse wolves (M9/S3) to the group to balance it out.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 19:27

That's a good idea there - modding an existing elf band. I certainly think the Dark Elves made into Wood Elves would work beautifully. As I said a ways back, I have a friend who may be interested in Dark Elves - wouldn't take much to see if he wanted to try them out and just call them Asrai.

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 10:31

The wood elf createde by Brahm can be found on this page:
http://madnergal.com/brahmsworld/Mordheim/Mercs.htm
(this is a great site btw, if you dont know it)

Its really not as overpowered, as i maby made it sound in the other post, but then again i only playede it for 5-6 games.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )   beastmen - certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

certain rules ( woodelves and beastmen )
Page 1 of 1