Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Looking for my Ogre Warband.

Go down 
+2
Chad
JAFisher44
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Looking for my Ogre Warband. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 6:53

A while back I posted playtest rules for an Ogre Warband on the SG Mordheim Forums. Now that that site is gone I seem to have lost the original file. I was wondering if anyone happens to have a copy of the rules I posted there. If so, could I possibly get a copy?

Thanks,
Joshua
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 11:48

Just use the BtB one! It's great!
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 14:22

I've seen many experimental ogre warbands, but I apparently only saved one. It contains gnoblars for henchmen and an Ogre Butcher hero with Gastromancy "spells." Is this your warband?
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 15:51

that sounds like my warband.
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 15:56

I have one Ogre Warband printed at home, I'd have to check to see which one it is. Also, what about Mordheimer.com? He's got a ton of warbands and such listed there.

I'll let you know which warband I have when I get home tonight, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Matumaros
Champion
Champion
Matumaros

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 19:19

Hi there, JaFisher44, i got your Ogre band (good one, btw) saved, directly from the SG forum. How can i send it to you?
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 1:49

jafisher4444 (at) comcast.net
Back to top Go down
Matumaros
Champion
Champion
Matumaros

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 4:21

Mail sended!
Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 10:22

Thanks, I was moderately worried that it was gone forever. Sadly, I had made a few revisions on the SG forums since this copy (thankfully not that many) but I think that I can start over from here. The majority of the work is in the file you sent me.

Joshua
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2009 - 22:16

Hi Joshua.

I had a couple Ogre warband lists made available to me when we developed BTB.

Was the list you posted on the SG Forum's much different to the ones developed by Azmodan and his friends? That's not your list I take it!?

This was taken from the document I have saved;

Quote :
Many thanks go to:
Odin Grakmar - for some skills and inspiration,
Ari, Gorlach, Grathus the EverHungry, Shawn Michaels, Sic, Woopanoo - for ideas and support,
Arhuta and Mungous_Khan - for fluff,
Flying Beaver, hahnc77, Shawn Michaels, rainbowslug - for beta-testing,
Hragged - for running the stronghold! Smile

(c)I (Azmodan) am in no way connected or endorsed by Games Workshop. I am a hobbyist and I created this list for my own and others use. It is my property and unauthorised copying and posting on other forums etc will be hunted down by my groinbiters. My only condition for using this list is that you tell me your opinions afterwards. Thank you and have fun! Smile

That list contained full rules for using Ogre Butchers, which was something that the BTB development crew deemed inappropriate for Mordheim. I see you mentioned those in one of your posts.

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 0:13

The quote above is not from my warband. I would really like to have an opportunity to playtest my warband, but there isn't much of a Mordheim community at my LGS.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009 - 11:53

Fair dues.

If you do manage to rustle up some opponents that are interested in playing some balanced games with Ogres in Mordheim then please try the Maneaters from Border Town Burning. It is an Ogre list which draws from a number of fan produced sources, a Black Library novel & other Games Workshop publications. As with the other warbands in the setting this has received extensive playtesting in both the traditional Mordheim setting and the territories laid out in the new release.

I would still be interested in seeing what ideas you have brought to the game, regardless of what stage they have been developed. Are you able to email a file to me sir?

It's quite possible that since Matumaros was one of the contributors to the development of the Maneaters warband, that some of your ideas may have influenced his input. I don't recall Roberto sharing an entire copy of your list with myself but there certainly would have been elements. Your list might not be the same as his left, or then again his list might have been your old list!!?

Regards,

Stuart.
Back to top Go down
Matumaros
Champion
Champion
Matumaros

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009 - 17:32

Hey there, Stu!

Sure, Joshua's band was THE input for my crusade to include Ogres in BTB.
Basically it had Ogre heroes and Gnoblar henchies... To me it's still the best Ogre band that ever hit the net around. What i did for BTB was heavily influenced by that and a try in mixing the Ogre Kingdom feel & the Ogre mercenaries (Maneaters) feel...
((EDIT: An argumentation on why these two feels need to be different concepts would intrigue me...))

Summing it up:
I recall the first Ogre list I sended to you and Cianty featured a Butcher and some magic directly taken from Joshua's band, clearly stating it was HIS job and that i felt magic needed revision...
Missing that clear statement, you quickly cutted the Butcher and Gnoblars in favour of runt-like Ogres, something I still don't really agree about the BTB final version and the reason why I decided to step back from development.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by Matumaros on Tue 20 Jan 2009 - 15:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 2:11

Wow, Matumaros, thanks for the kind words about my warband. I would be interested in knowing what revisions you imagined for my gastromancy magic.
Back to top Go down
Matumaros
Champion
Champion
Matumaros

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009 - 15:49

Kind words are more than deserved, your band was the first to show how Ogres could be a proper band in Mordheim (others tried before you, but to me they all could not hit the mark). Wink

Regarding Gastromancy, I felt it could be too powerful, in the sense that each single spell looks to be easy to cast and very strong in its effect.
My main doubt is that it basically is a Mordheim version of the one featured in the Army book. I think that in this case a band designer could allow himself to go creative, rethinking the whole spell section... but wouldn't put my hand in the fire about that.
Also, I'm not ready as of now with something different. When discussing things for BTB, I had to leave Gastromancy behind soon, as it was clear there was no way a Butcher was going to be included.

Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 0:08

Quote :
Just use the BtB one! It's great!

Yeah, sorry Chad. I don't really care for the BtB Ogre warband.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 15:00

Quote :
Yeah, sorry Chad. I don't really care for the BtB Ogre warband.

Don't knock it until you try it Josh. Wink

Without the collected ideas, suggestions and enthusiasm of the community there would not have been a Maneaters warband. Because of this I have added your name to the credits for the future revised document version of BTB.

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my Ogre Warband.   Looking for my Ogre Warband. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for my Ogre Warband.
Page 1 of 1