Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Gunnery school and adventurers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zettel
Warrior
Warrior
zettel

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Gunnery school and adventurers Empty
PostSubject: Gunnery school and adventurers   Gunnery school and adventurers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 0:31

Hi there, its me again,

We want to start a new mortheim campaign in the new year ans one of my friends (who doesnt speak any english at all and therefore asked me to ask around for him) now thinks about starting an unofficial warband. The two warbands he thinks about are the Adventurer Warband (ver. 2 as mentioned in the Karak Azgal setting) and the Gunnery school of Nuln Warand from the Nemessis Crown Setting (werent they created by Cianty and friends??). Now does anyone know whether these warbands are more or less balanced and compatible with the official warbands (or better: Marienburgers, Skaven, Beastmen, Orcs, Carnival of Chaos/Possessed)?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery school and adventurers   Gunnery school and adventurers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 12:19

The Gunnery School of Nuln warband would be quite balanced. The Nemesis Crown guys did a good job. I don't know about the Adventurer warband though.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery school and adventurers   Gunnery school and adventurers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 13:49

I would go for the Nuln gunnery school.
I have never heard of an "Adventurers Warband". This must be something highly experimental, and I would thus stay clear of that for the sake of ballancing.

catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery school and adventurers   Gunnery school and adventurers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 13:57

The Adventurers warband was in the Karak Azgal thingy. I never saw the rules for that setting but the warband appeared in an old copy of Armybuilder.

It had the 4 main heroes from WHQuest plus the Imperial Noble as 5th hero. Each had an advantage and disdvantage of being leader, and you had to swap the leader each game. Rest of the warband was generic humans (Cannon Fodder).

They had access to some fun equipment but it meant you got less models if you bought it all. It was very easy to buy the elf an elven bow, and rapier/swordbreaker for the noble, etc.

Still, a lot of cool modelling opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery school and adventurers   Gunnery school and adventurers Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 14:01

Thanks for the info Cat.

Nevertheless I would not mix official with experimental warbands. I would even think twice before mixing official with unofficial in one game/campaign...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunnery school and adventurers   Gunnery school and adventurers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunnery school and adventurers
Page 1 of 1