Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New Old Player

Go down 
+2
Drugart
Charbok
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Charbok

Charbok

Trading Reputation : 0

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 23:14

Hello all, I haven't played Mordheim in a dog's age, and I'm in the process of getting reacquainted with the rules. A few grognards may remember me from back in the day (hello, Bank!) but I haven't actively participated in any Mordheim fun since around 2005 or so.

Curious to know if any good consensus was ever reached on the whole armor versus dual wielding deal, or good tweaks for some of the "have not" warbands like Witch Hunters.

Thanks all, and nice place you got here!
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 0:13

Welcome aboard to our humble home. Glad you are getting back into the game! When you get time show us some pics of your warbands! As for that rule, not sure. You might want to post it in the rules section, the more knowledgable players are quick to answer there.

Drugart
Back to top Go down
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Location : Sydney, Australia (preferrably in the light of the Moon)

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 7:30

Charbok wrote:
Hello all, I haven't played Mordheim in a dog's age, and I'm in the process of getting reacquainted with the rules. A few grognards may remember me from back in the day (hello, Bank!) but I haven't actively participated in any Mordheim fun since around 2005 or so.

Curious to know if any good consensus was ever reached on the whole armor versus dual wielding deal, or good tweaks for some of the "have not" warbands like Witch Hunters.

Thanks all, and nice place you got here!

Hey mate,

I'm sorry to say I can't remember you, but I came in on the boards in the last half of 2005. Welcome to what seems to be a growing hub of Mordheimers from the SG Forums and beyond. Smile

To the queries on a consensus on which was better it generally ran: Unless you had ALOT of armour, as in minimum Heavy Armour and a Shield, it was generally better to wield 2 hand weapons. 2 hand weapons again statisticallyd o more damage then a single two-handed weapon such as a halberd or a doublehanded weapon also. 2 hand weapons also givs an increased chance toc ritical and thus by pass that armour save. At the end of the day, hero wise, if you could take step aside, throw in a lucky charm and a lucky rabbits foot (Have a look for the 2002 Annual - the only Annual GW released), and you had a pretty good chance of saving yourself from hits without armour. Dwarfs in Gromril Armour and witha Shield are horrendously hard to beat from a startingw arband point of view in my experiences also.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Have Not" in the context of warbands and I'll see what I can respond with.

Cheers,

Luke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 9:12

WELCOME ABOARD! cheers

Funny you should mentionit; there IS a discussion on the armor thingy going on in the Rules Section.
I hope your stay on Tom's Sleep Forum is a pleasant one. No matter what your interest within the game, you'll find some friendly folk with a similar turn of mind, from rules to painting & modeling. HAVE FUN! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 13:53

Once you play Mordheim, you're hooked forever! Even if you think you've given it up! (Queue: lighntning). Welcome aboard, shipmate.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Hero
Hero
Nestor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008 - 16:06

Welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Old Player Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Old Player   New Old Player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Old Player
Page 1 of 1