Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elmoth
Champion
Champion
Elmoth

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting Empty
PostSubject: Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting   Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008 - 13:50

The warlock engineer cursed in the name of the horned rat once again. The damn squeek sender was not working properly. He could not get a clear signal form Skavenblight, even if he had followed the instructions to the letter. The high tech device was making all the adequate noises and glowing with the adequate sickly green light, buit for some reason it seemed that the magical signals were being blocked. As he feared he would have to report to the Skryre leader of the expedition that there was a communications blackout in Mordheim. Taking his staff he walked up. A host of small rodents followed him. They always did.

Fast Trigger was on top of a rocky spire near the entrance to the underground tunnel, looking into the devastated city that was below them. The leader of the patrol was assessing the possible approach vectors. He was good at that. You need to be good at approach vectors to engage the enemy in a fair fight. With a sword between the shoulder blades, more or less. This is why he was being send by the clan leaders to investigate this occurrence. It seemed that there was plenty of wirdstone here, and he had to report on what had caused such an occurrence here. Other, lesser leaders and clans were already moving to collect the magical stones, but he had a higher purpose. Not that he would not collect a few stones here and there (it was always good for your status in the clan, and he was addicted to the stuff anyway) but success in this mission would rise him and get him what he needed to succeed in his fair rise in the clan (using the fair methods described above).

Unfortunately he had not bneen given the resources he had asked for this small exploration project (a thousand stormvermin and some hundreds of elite Skyre regiments), so he had to conform with what he had. That must be the work of Rotten Fang for sure, his archrival. A pitty that he didn’t like fair fights, Rotten Fang. He had been promised that he would get extra material once his reports started to arrive into Skavenblight, but that would take time. And good reports, so he should make sure that all his incompetent helpers did a proper job.

++++++++++++++++++++

here comes a project for a "Skyre" clan. In fact it will be using the default Eshin rules, but tweaking the descriptions of the itrems and weapons to make them more skyre-ish. For example, an assassin able to throw 3 skurikens per turn at 15" will be "armed with a personal ratling gun" abnd a sniper with a hochland riffle will be using a jezzail. Easy Smile This occured to me thinking that a skaven with longer range throwing stars that can throw 3 of them per turn is basically equiped with a Thomson gun. Moving from there to equip him with a plain ol M60 is just a step. Think BIG!! lol!

This is just the start of the band. As they volve I plan to update this.

Right now the band is at full hero complement (6), 9 verminkin and 2 giant rats, so 17 ratmen Shocked I decided to go for the massed band and this is what I got as a result. My band sucks in equipment (slings and extra daggers for everybody, with some clubs here and there) but I plan to update the equipment ASAP. When the clan leaders send in some ratling guns et al after our first reports Laughing

Cheers,

Xavi
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting   Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008 - 14:32

COOL PRELUDE!

This promises to be a fine story to follow [I'll break out the popcorn next time Suspect ]. The Skaven have GREAT comic possibilities surpassed ONLY by the Night Goblins [guess who has a Night Goblin thing Suspect ]. I look forward to Fast rigger's (mis)adventures in the (Fun) City of the Damned [so get cracking Suspect ]. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Elmoth
Champion
Champion
Elmoth

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting   Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008 - 17:30

Will keep you posted. First we are finishing with our DBA league, then I enter the AK47 painting crazyness (I have more than 100 15mm guys to paint in short notice.... god bless army painter sprays and shading....) and then I start with Mordheim. My return to 28mm after a few years in the smaller 15mm scale Smile Skavens are eay to paint. or that is the idea.... Smile

Fast Trigger will keep you entertained. And if he is as lucky as I tend to be with my di8ce, will be posting about how he shot himself in the paw when trying to draw his pistol fast. Laughing

Cheers,

Xavi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting   Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skavenblight Green Caps team reporting
Page 1 of 1