Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyestabba

Eyestabba

Trading Reputation : 0

Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters   Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Icon_minitimeThu 28 Dec 2023 - 15:19

Hey all, been a while since I posted here. In fact it has been so long (2011..) it was easier to just make a new account instead of trying to recover my old one (Alcaeus) with my old email :p

Anyway, my friends dragged me back into Mordheim, the horror! We had about six games now, 3 of which I played with a Pit Fighter and 3 with an Undead band. The undead band is for later though, here are my WiP's for the Pit Fighters.

I used the Marauder kit as a basis, with a lot of cutting, sculpting, repositioning and borrowing from other kits. I'll give a short description of what I did for each model. All the heros were given crests of sorts to help distinguish them on the battlefield. Names and background lore will follow soon enough Very Happy

A group shot to start things off Very Happy
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Groups10

Pit King, Chaos style:
Chaos Warrior legs, maurauder torso, shield and repositioned flail, empire knight head.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pit_ki10

Troll Slayer:
This is just Garagrim from the Storm of Chaos campaign.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Troll_10

Veteran, Undead style:
Marauder base with a Tomb King skeleton sword, left Empire knight arm with addes spike, carved out Tomb King skeleton head glued to the helmet as a faceplate, the crest was cut out of plasticard. I also sculpted some mummy wraps.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Vetera11

Veteran, Orc style:
Orc chariot(?) shield, Orc skull from the Skulls set as a helmet, crest from plasticard and a lot of extra sculpted fur/hair.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Vetera10

Pursuer Hero, Skink style (lad's got talent)
Skink javelin and shield, other lizardmen bits for decoration.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pursue10

Pit Fighter, Orc style:
Orc shield, Orc mandible from the Skulls set glued to a Chaos Warrior helmet.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pit_fi10

Pit Fighter, Orc style:
Orc shield, Orc skull from the Skulls set shaved down and glued to a Chaos Warrior helmet, sculpted some extra fur.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pit_fi11

Pit Fighter: Empire style:
Empite Militia greatsword and head, thigh plates are cut up lizardmen bits, sculpted on some extra biceps, mail skirt and a nipple piercing (was specifically requested by my fellow players :p)
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pit_fi12

Pursuer, Skink style:
Skink shield and javelin, Chaos Warrior helmet with the horns clipped off.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pursue12

Pursuer, Skink style:
Skink shield and javelin.
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Pursue11

And last but not least, my Pit Fighter Ogre:
Used the Blood Bowl Ogre as a base. Chaos sword as a spike for his gauntlet, Chaos Warrior mace in his other hand, the hand itself is actually from an orc. I clipped away some armor plates and spikes so it resembles light armour a bit more, which revealed a more roman looking armor on his right arm. I had to sculpt his left shoulder and strap back. I shaved down the heavy armoured blocks on his left arm, and sculpted some extra "scales" which will all be painted to resemble leather "manica" armour. He succesfuly took a hail of arrows one game so I added some broken off arrows (paperclips). Because I had no idea about how to get a helmet on his head, I decided to give him a surgical metal skull cap instead (I sculpted some skin flapping about).
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Ogre_a10
Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Ogre_b10

Hope you guys like it? Feedback is always appreciated (especially concerning the loadouts xD), more will be coming soon!

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
Draadhaai

Draadhaai

PostSubject: Re: Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters   Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2024 - 10:41

Owww that looks really good already! Can't wait to see them painted Smile

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters   Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2024 - 22:55

That is already a SPLENDID looking Gang. They will look fantastic when painted. WELCOME BACK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters   Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2024 - 22:07

These are fantastic. Love the GS work. Pit King looks suitably bloated off of his victories, and the Garagrim is a classic sculpt.
All in all 5/5 bags of popcorn and two sodas, great job!
Have you done well with them in your 3 games?

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://tooly501.tumblr.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters   Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Icon_minitimeTue 12 Mar 2024 - 13:26

This is what I love about Mordheim! Great conversions! Really done well! Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters 1f4aa

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters   Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyestabba's WiP Pit Fighters
Page 1 of 1