Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbarus

Barbarus

Trading Reputation : 0

Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Empty
PostSubject: Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.   Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2021 - 1:45

Hey guys!

I have seen many cool things on pages like Pinterest over the years, and several times I clicked the link to the source and landed right here.

So I thought... maybe I should join a forum where there is so much stuff I like, that I always - somehow - find my way there.

I have to admit that it has been an eternity since the last time I played Mordheim, but I like the game, I like the setting, I love the Old World and I rediscovered my love for Warhammer a few years ago.
I'm currently building the Chaos army I always dreamed of for 6th edition Warhammer.
Probably Lizardmen after that.

Hm, what else... I'm from Germany. I'm an illustrator. In 2015 I published "A Fantastic Saga", maybe some of you heard of it... was the fantasy-mod for Saga during its first edition.

Games I play: WHFB, Warmaster, Wargods of Aegyptus, Saga, Dux Britanniarum, Swordpoint, LOTR (middle-earth SBG), Necromunda, WH40k, Dead Man's Hand... played Frostgrave for a while... and obviously I'd like to start playing Mordheim again!
(called "Mortheim" in Germany btw, because the original name apparently would have been too gruesome? "Mord" being "murder" in German)

Cheers! cheers
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.   Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2021 - 13:06

Welcome to Tom’s. It’s not as busy as it used to be, but it’s a great place to meet like-minded people and peruse old threads.

Murderheim? Very appropriate if the games we play are anything to go by Laughing

Barbarus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Barbarus

Barbarus

PostSubject: Re: Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.   Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2021 - 21:02

Thanks!
Yeah, it seems like a place where people give 100% when it comes to this hobby. That's what I do and that's what I love to see.

I always found the name thing odd... because it's obvious that it was GW's intention to give the town a gruesome pseudo-German or German name...

"Heim" is "home" and a (very) common ending for German city names. Very much like English town names ending in "ford" (which would be "Furt" in German and is also common, see names like Frankfurt)...

So GW wanted to call the thing "Murderhome", that's no accident. But somehow they backed off when it came to the German market where everyone knew what the name meant.

Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.   Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2021 - 21:25

It’s probably worth noting that most Brits don’t learn German at school. French and Spanish were more common in my day. Nevertheless, it’s a little strange for a people speaking a language with a significant Germanic component, isn’t it?

I suspect that GW picked a name that sounded German to British ears and rethought things when they realised they needed to sell the game in German-speaking countries too.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.   Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2021 - 1:36

Hi Barbarus! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet At Times Cool & Inspiring Mordheim Forum. Have a FUN stay. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.   Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, my name is Barbarus and I'm addicted to miniatures.
Page 1 of 1