Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim online campaign system

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
benjaminography
Knight
Knight
benjaminography

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Mordheim online campaign system Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim online campaign system   Mordheim online campaign system Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2020 - 17:40

I posted a question about this on the Mordheim facebook group incase anyone was on there.

I've been thinking for YEARS about a theoretical online Mordheim campaign system.

This wouldn't be intended entirely as an online repository for warband management - but take such data to continually adapt global campaign variables.

This would become a semi-online Mordheim persistent world. Games would happen on the table, but referencing certain charts such as trade prices, item availability, hired sword types, random happenings, weather etc could fluctuate weekly.

If successful, certain systems could be introduced to create limited narrative periods, joinable factions, named hired swords. You could choose to fight in particular zones, maybe own and grow your own territories?

I really like the idea of something like this allowing players from across the world feel connected whilst their own bubbles of activity are still quite separate and autonomous.

I have NO computing expertise beyond creating very elaborate and complex google sheets and forms. I think all of this WOULD be possible on those platforms - although I can imagine the practicality, debugging and allowing people to feel confident using it would be a huge challenge!
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim online campaign system   Mordheim online campaign system Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2020 - 19:46

The idea does sound really good Smile Are you planning on creating it?
Back to top Go down
benjaminography
Knight
Knight
benjaminography

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim online campaign system   Mordheim online campaign system Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2020 - 10:45

It's been gnawing at the back of my head so long no that I feel that I *should*. There's so many little systems I'd love to investigate. Like anything with spreadsheets, they can end up becoming a bit like a stack of cards that eventually become too complex and confusing if I don't maintain it regularly - it'll be an incentive though if I know people are enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim online campaign system   Mordheim online campaign system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim online campaign system
Page 1 of 1