Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

one use only items

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Egon vom Berg
Warrior
Warrior
Egon vom Berg

Trading Reputation : 0

one use only items Empty
PostSubject: one use only items   one use only items Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2020 - 1:37

In the equippment list it is mentioned that "Garlic lasts for the duration of one battle only", or that "A vial of blessed water contains enough liquid for just one use", or bugman’s ale "is only enough ale to supply the warband for one battle". Same goes for Tears of Shallaya.

For other items finite (superior blackpowder, healing herbs, hunting arrows) this is not mentioned.

Are they infinite or one use only?

Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

one use only items Empty
PostSubject: Re: one use only items   one use only items Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2020 - 8:10

I’ve seen an old FAQ stating that hunting arrows last for the duration of the campaign. We treat the powder and herbs as one use only.

Egon vom Berg likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

one use only items Empty
PostSubject: Re: one use only items   one use only items Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2020 - 18:59

I did a search for answers to your Questions.

Superior Blackpowder LRB: “There is enough superior blackpowder to last for one game.”

Healing herbs LRB: “This restores all wounds he has previously lost during the game” I have searched the LRB, both Rules Reviews, Annual FAQ, and every TC. I can not find any Q/A about if Healing Herbs are single use and need to be replaced or like a Lucky Charm and once per game. My suggestion would be to House Rules this for your group. Personally, I can see it either way.

Hunting arrows Annual 2002 FAQ: “Question: when you buy Hunting Arrows, are they for one battle, for a campaign or are there a number of arrows (like 20). Answer: They last for the whole campaign.”

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

one use only items Empty
PostSubject: Re: one use only items   one use only items Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2020 - 4:40

For what it is worth, the group I play with the most tends towards RAW as much as we can and we have found that playing with healing herbs as a multi-use item does not reduce the fun of the game.

Remember that they can only be used on your turn and cannot be used in close combat, so that reduces how unbalancing they are.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

one use only items Empty
PostSubject: Re: one use only items   one use only items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one use only items
Page 1 of 1