Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Empty
PostSubject: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 14:05

Hey all Smile, the end of May is coming in soon so I thought that it would be a good time to start sending in the entries for the forum challenge by PJB! This month we decided that Cover and Scatter terrain would be the theme so I'm looking forward what you guys made during the past few weeks Smile I had a great time building some pieces!

So please post your entries here and show us what you made! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 14:22

Tagnator's entry: Hochland themed Cover and Scatter terrain.

During the past few weeks I've been busy building a couple of cover and scatter pieces for our board and I'm pretty happy how they turned out! So here's my entry for the Monthly Forum challenge.

''The Lost Burgomeister'':

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Statue10
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Statue11
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Statue12
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Statue13
Statue of Herr Thomas der Langweilige, the Lost Burgomeister of Eichewäldchen.

The first piece I made was a statue which I somehow wanted to dedicate to our Fearless leader Admin Tom, who's videos on YouTube actually made me get into Mordheim 14 years ago. He was always very kind and helpful to us as we had lots of questions back in the days when we started, haha lol! ! I still visit his blog from time to time as his work still inspires me to this day, it's actually some kind of a youth sentiment for me to see it as I spend hours doing so back in the days Smile .

''Owl on the logs'':

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Logs510
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Logs610

"Barricades":
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Barric10
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Barric11
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Barric12
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Barric13

So that's it for me, my Cover and Scatter pieces for the monthly challenge are in. I hope you like them all! Smile

Leavhon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 16:13

Very nice Tagnator. My plan was to make a couple of barricades but I got distracted by other hobby projects and my taxes. pale I have all the pieces together so I will see what I can knock out over the next week.
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 17:09

Nice entry tagnator. Wow, I just love ur "Statue of Herr Thomas der Langweilige, the Lost Burgomeister of Eichewäldchen." Meesing up with german is what i love about warhammer-universe.

Nice and consequent style u managed, ur pieces will be some nice eye-catchers on ur board. Love it!
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 17:29

PJB's Entry: Wodden crates and treasure chest castings

Hey, guys as i really like the idea of this challenge here is my litte entry!

I just finished yesterday painting some of my castings, turned a litte too red:

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Image_11

And a close up of better castings, with less air bubbles:

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Image_13

I realy like them, to have some various scatter terrain. To place all over the board!!! As i wanted to have many, i did'nt cared to much to get high quality casts every time.

Maybe i glue some of them together, by now all of them are single. I really try to avoid basing, to have them matching on every terrain.

Hope u like them Smile

Leavhon likes this post

Back to top Go down
robh
Knight
Knight
robh

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2020 - 12:12

"Herr Thomas der Langweilige"  very clever Laughing

Those are nicely done pieces, constructed barricade works well, really looks strong and the figure for the statue is great.

I like the jumble of crates too, I always default to scenic basing on my pieces but leaving them loose works surprisingly well.
Back to top Go down
robh
Knight
Knight
robh

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2020 - 15:16

Here are my barricades, informal style made from junk dragged from nearby properties.

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! MordheimBarricades

Resin chairs and barrels from various suppliers with balsa wood and scraps from my bits box.

I have added some other Mordheim LoS blocking scenery to my theme thread:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t9265-robh-mordheim-cover-los-theme-scenery#140101

Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2020 - 16:12

Thanks guys, glad you all like them! Smile

And some amazing entries aswell! I like your crates alot PJB, you can never have enough of them Smile Really want to make some myself soon as they are a nice addition to a table and very versatile in how you can use them, awesome work! Smile

Also the barricades are amazing Robh! Really cool how you put togheter the different pieces, makes it feel like a proper Mordheim barricade Smile
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2020 - 0:10

Instead of concentrating on terrain for the last half of May I got distracted by painting some Blackstone Fortress characters. I did, however, get one barricade made for the May Challenge.
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! LpAOZK6
May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! OnyW8sa

Leavhon likes this post

Back to top Go down
robh
Knight
Knight
robh

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2020 - 1:17

That is a great looking piece, very natural. Nice one.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2020 - 20:43

Thank you robh. I was just thinking it looks a little dull and dreary next to your pieces; I think I may try to brighten up my next Mordheim terrain. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jun 2020 - 12:21

Hurry, another entry for may. Wow, codsticker this looks amazing. Damn ur wood painting is amazing. Painting wood is one of the most difficult things, for me at least. Amazing barricades!
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jun 2020 - 17:34

That's an amazing looking barricade Codsticker Smile Looks very realistic! Glad that you made it for the challenge, it was quite a succes for the forum if you'd ask me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jun 2020 - 22:58

Thank you guys.
Quote :
... it was quite a succes for the forum if you'd ask me! Smile
Yeah, I would agree. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 14:41

Yes, it was a huge sucsess, the forum is rising from the dead!!! It encouraged me to get new ideas, and finish stuff, that I otherwise would not finish in ages. Smile)))
Can't wait for the June Topic. What we should do?
Back to top Go down
robh
Knight
Knight
robh

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jun 2020 - 13:07

PJB wrote:
Can't wait for the June Topic. What we should do?

Being discussed here:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t9254-some-collective-challenge-or-themebased-builds#140162
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!   May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May Forum challenge: Cover and Scatter terrain entries!
Page 1 of 1