Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings

Go down 
+26
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Maikacir
_si_
Tabletop World
PitFighterTrainer
Identity
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Matumaros
KorgakGrimtooth
jackanory
MagnoliaFan
grey_death
Eliazar
Chad
Lord Xi
Admin Tom
JAN
Drud
Da Bank
Ashton
Ethlorien
Hawkeye
DeafNala
Tagnator
Duce
cianty
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Drud
Hero
Hero
Drud

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008 - 13:12

cianty wrote:
I finally found out who made the house: Resina Planet. Although they don't have this house for sale they have some other incredible resin buildings (of similar size and the same detail) in their online shop. Absolutely stunning stuff.

Da Bank wrote:
What company makes the building?

...? [The name of the company in Cianty's post is a link to their website]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008 - 13:41

I LOVE the Govenor's Mansion. I love you Suspect
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008 - 14:30

DeafNala wrote:
I LOVE the Govenor's Mansion. I love you Suspect

Be sure to check out their gallery for more pictures (include inside shots of the Mansion). That's some really impressive stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008 - 15:01

Thanks for the link; some VERY INSPIRING stuff there. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JAN
Youngblood
Youngblood
JAN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008 - 22:08

Holy ....!

Wow... there is some really amazing stuff there. I am lost for words.

Thanks for the link Cianty. I good place to get inspired indeed.

Regards Jan
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 12:10

I have finally started painting the house. It paints up really nicely. Probably the easiest, most relaxing while also most satisfying and rewarding paint job I have done to date. I am amazed to say the least.

Nonetheless I need your help and advice. I'll be painting the timber in brown (Scorched, Bestial, Snakebite, Bleached Bone) and it looks good. Currently the filling is Codex Grey (plus lots of water) which looks pretty good already. Now the questions is which colours do I choose for the bricks at the bottom. I really like the colours in this picture from Resina Planet:

Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Ciudadweb1

If you can tell me which colours would result in an equally nice colour scheme I would be very grateful. I like the dark reds very much.

I'm currently painting up one side of the house only so once that is done I will post some WIP pictures.

Thank you. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 12:17

What paints do you use, manufacturer that is? I'll try to do a match up with the paints I use next time I get to the hobby store, so we're on the same page for any offered color combos. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 12:19

Love that new building, great colours on it also.

If tha tmedieval town pic is still about ti might help Cianty on colours which go together (The coloured drawn town)

Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 12:22

DeafNala wrote:
What paints do you use, manufacturer that is? I'll try to do a match up with the paints I use next time I get to the hobby store, so we're on the same page for any offered color combos. Suspect

I one of those Citadel losers..

Actually I am planning to switch to Vallejo (sp=) next year since I will be focusing on painting buildings, which means I'll need a lot of paint so switching to a cheaper brand is probably necessary.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 22:50

For the bricks, I would recommend one of the following:

- Start with Vallejo Tierra Mate (~Bestial B) + Black
- Brush your way up to pure Tierra mate.
- Finish off with Tierra Mate + a drop of Arena Oscura (~Bleached Bone).

This will yield a rather brownish brick.

To get a little more reddness into it (you have to decide if that fits the rest of the house) I would do the following:

- Start drybrushing with GW Dark Flesh
- Work your way up by brushing with tones that are a mix of Dark Flesh and increasing (little!!!) amounts of GW Fiery Orange. Important, never allow it to get really orange. Always maintaing the brownish base to it.
- Finish off by brushing with your previous mix to which you add a drop of Arena Oscura (~Bleached Bone). This way your last layer will be light, but have a "smooth creamy" tone rather than the agressive "bright orange" that you would rather find with rust.

As always, "trial and error" combined with your own taste is the key!

Good luck! Wink
I hope that helps.

cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 22:57

Thanks a lot, Tom! Do you really think that with Orange I can result in a colour sheme like in the above picture? I mean, orange isn't red.. Is the Dark Flesh base enough "red"?
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008 - 23:41

Np Chris!

Well, you need to use the orange EXTREMELY carefully. I took a pic of a base I made recently to give you an idea.

On this base I used a similar technique, but replaced the last step by a drybrush with a LOT of fiery orange in the mix.
You should NOT let it become this orange. I am just showing you this as an extreme example of the effect fiery orange has on Dark Flesh. If I had an example of bricks, I would have posted a pic, but unfortunately I don't have one here... Sad

Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Rust_b10

cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2008 - 0:09

Alright then. Thanks again!

Unfortunately I don't have fiery orange here. Need to buy it tomorrow I guess. Or when I'm back home next year.

I'm currently experimenting with Red Gore and a bit of Regal Blue now and then..
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2008 - 15:02

So I just returned from the GW store. Besides the usual brainless chatter ("No, I don't want any of the new amazing washes.", "Yes, I know they are absolutely amazing.") I was told that Fiery Orange is discontinued. They had already removed it entirely. They highly recommended me some bastard colour from the Foundation colours range but I opted for Blazing Orange instead. It looks a bit more reddish than the fiery one, so I guess it will do the trick. I'll find out this evening when I have the time to do some painting...
Back to top Go down
Lord Xi
General
General
Lord Xi

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2008 - 17:41

You can add Sunburst Yellow and Skull White to Fiery Orange to get Blazing Orange. Isn't it lame when GW discontinues a colour?
Back to top Go down
http://grimdarkvoid.blogspot.com/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 13:31

Luckily Blazing Orange has worked rather well for me. Here are two "WIP" pics. Everything but the roof is (almost) done...

Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 House_10
Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 House_11

I will post some better pics when the house is really finished.

I'm still undecided about the roof. I think I will paint it red/brownish like these Bree houses.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 13:32

Oh wow! Best brick-work ever!
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 13:37

COOOOL!!!

Would you mind shedding some light on what you did exactly to get that cool multi-coloured brick effect, Cianty?

cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 13:41

Admin Tom wrote:
COOOOL!!!

Would you mind shedding some light on what you did exactly to get that cool multi-coloured brick effect, Cianty?

I will be fully explaining my painting of the building in a post on my blog. I'll let you know when it's out.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 13:44

I join the chorus of those praising the brick work with a hardy OH BABY! I ALSO LOVE the way you did the windows & the woodwork. WELL DONE, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 13:50

Wow, this building is awesome! The brickwork, the plaster, the windows... everything! Great job, I am looking forward to seeing this building finished.
Back to top Go down
grey_death
Captain
Captain
grey_death

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009 - 14:45

Very very nice indeed. All of the elements of the piece are coming out perfectly. Can't wait to see the breakdown.
Back to top Go down
http://thepaintingcorps.blogspot.com/
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009 - 1:09

Wholly pineapples. That's freaking amazing. So realistic. Three chears for the brick texture... and the wood texture... and the peeling stucco texture... every texture is amazing. I can't wait to see your how to blog post Wink

Keep em coming
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2009 - 1:26

@Cianty...Excellent work.
Back to top Go down
Lord Xi
General
General
Lord Xi

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2009 - 20:51

cianty wrote:
DeafNala wrote:

I one of those Citadel losers..

Actually I am planning to switch to Vallejo (sp=) next year since I will be focusing on painting buildings, which means I'll need a lot of paint so switching to a cheaper brand is probably necessary.

Skip Vallejo and go right to Delta-Ceramcoat. It works like a charm and from the wide range of colours available, you can mix anything you need. The coverage is awesome, and with a little future and water you can make any colour they offer or you mix into a wash or glaze.
Back to top Go down
http://grimdarkvoid.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings   Buildings - Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cianty goes Urban: Medieval Buildings - Ponderings
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next