Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skaven mix and match question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

Trading Reputation : 0

Skaven mix and match question Empty
PostSubject: Skaven mix and match question   Skaven mix and match question Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 17:41

Hi guys,

I've got a box of Clanrats and a box of Night Runners and the style are incompatible i.e. the older Night Runners are a lot chunkier, so I can't modify the Clanrats to have Night Runner left arm.  I've looked on some Bits sites and it seems like my options are Stormvermin and Plague Monks.  Am I right in thinking that the Plague Monks are also an old design, as the images look like they may also be a bit chunky?  Any ideas on what would be the best option, or any other suggestions?

EDIT: also, do the Stormvermin bodies come in two parts that need to be glued together i.e. the front and back, with one leg on each?

Cheers,

Jed
Back to top Go down
jymmy
Champion
Champion
jymmy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Skaven mix and match question   Skaven mix and match question Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 18:15

You are right, the stormvermin come as you said, two halves (front and back). I would suggest using plague monks instead. If I were you, I would sell the monopose clanrats and go with the old night runners as I find them more dinamic and better for making conversions (and you won´t need more than 20 skavens for a warband)

Do you have a waste box full of bits? For the skavens heroes, for example, I used goblin wolf riders legs with skaven feets to make them taller

-don´t attemp to mix night runners with plague monks (the later have arms too flimsy in comparison)!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Skaven mix and match question   Skaven mix and match question Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 19:21

Night runners are ideal for MH of course, as they were made for it. If you would go with those and wanted more variety, you could easily get hold of some OLD plastic clanrats that are totally compatible with the night runners and offer bodies with light armour and heads with helmets, for example.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Skaven mix and match question   Skaven mix and match question Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 20:06

I've just got back into the hobby so my bits box is empty!

I've removed an arm off one of the clanrats and it doesn't look too bad. I've spotted a few other ones that look like they'll be easy(ish) to convert as well, so I'll give this a go rather than invest in another £20 boxset... this hobby is costing more and more Very Happy I'm about to order 5 stormvermin left arms that look like they should be a good match.

I'm not getting a box of Stormvermin, but I'm going to get a set of two from the bits place to use as Black Skaven. I'll then use a mix of Night Runners and Clan Rats for the rest.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Skaven mix and match question   Skaven mix and match question Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 20:36

Jedfordski wrote:
another £20 boxset... this hobby is costing more and more Very Happy
Laughing That's a good one Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skaven mix and match question   Skaven mix and match question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skaven mix and match question
Page 1 of 1