Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Festus Seep
Hero
Hero
Festus Seep

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Empty
PostSubject: Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question   Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug 2010 - 11:04

So I'm currently painting a Clan Pestilens warband and I was wondering what kind of model do you or would you guys use as a Rat Ogre.
IIRC GW used to make rat ogres that were sufficiently diseased looking but not anymore.
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question   Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug 2010 - 16:25

I'm sure some of the options in the boxed set include some rather repsulive gigantic boils, just paint them up to look full of pus and the surrounding skin a reddy sore looking hue and you've got one mean Rat Ogre suitable for Clan Pestilens.
Back to top Go down
Lydor
Captain
Captain
Lydor

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question   Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Icon_minitimeFri 6 Aug 2010 - 18:39

Indeed. the new box kit of the Rat ogres comes with several boil lit models, also, it comes with a healthy dose of arms that are skinned and with two hands, with some clipping and modelling you could have some degenerating leper style rat ogres
Back to top Go down
Festus Seep
Hero
Hero
Festus Seep

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question   Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Icon_minitimeSat 7 Aug 2010 - 22:08

I quite like the new skaven models unfortunately they didn't release new Plague monk as IK find the current edition very ugly.
This is the reason that my Clan Pestilens warband will include only models from the 90's as I think that's when GW was at it's best scuplting-wise.
But I think I remember back then there was a Rat Ogre with a torn rag over it's head and that is what i'm looking for, that made that rat ogre very Pestilen-ish.

Anyone familiar with the rat ogre I'm talking about?
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question   Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Icon_minitimeSun 8 Aug 2010 - 10:31

Yeh i have it... its the latest release of ratogres (3 different ones) before the butugly plastic ones...

Scale wise the plastic ratogre from the new screaming bell/plague furnes is really pretty... i converted him last week into a pestilence ogre by adding a censer to his chain... ill try to post pictures this afternoon iff you like...

Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question DSC08794
Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question DSC08796
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question   Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skaven Clan Pestilens Rat Ogre Question
Page 1 of 1