Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex

Go down 
+5
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Caledore
Grimscull
Jedfordski
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

Trading Reputation : 0

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 15:02

Axe, Flail or Sword for my Dark Souls?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 15:59

Generally my armaments are either determined by the models I like or my opponents in the campaign.  When playing only one person, your choices are simplified because you know what you need to eliminate.  If you are facing high T warriors a Flail is the best thing.  If your opponents are T3 then having a sword or ax or club or two will see them off and more attacks is always nice.

Edit: I mean mace. Cultists are too high toned for simple clubs.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 19:09

WIP Dark Souls and Brethren.  I'm probably going to try and add some greenstuff hoods.  I've gone for a mix of weapons as well.

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150508_175729_zps226i4ohv

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150508_175856_zpstkpdpk4p
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 19:33

That's a nice start, cannot say much more!
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2015 - 21:19

I thought the Dark Soul with the sword was lacking something so I spotted a nice cleaver blade on the Skaven Clanrats sprue and the flag on the Flagellant sprue:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150508_201455_zpsunqrkhbi
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 May 2015 - 9:18

I've made a start on the Dark Souls and Brethren.  Originally I was just going to use the Flagellant bodies for the Dark Souls and Empire bodies for the Brethren but have now changed my mind.  I'm going to use Flagellant bodies for both, but the Dark Souls will have the Flags and the same head:

Original Dark Souls:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150508_175729_zps226i4ohv

Original Brethren:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150508_175856_zpstkpdpk4p

And the new Dark Souls look with flag and head.  I've also changed the single sword to to an axe that I created using a Skaven cleaver and a hacked up Empire spear.  I thought the sword figure was lacking something:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150508_201455_zpsunqrkhbi

I'm going to get another Flagellant box set to cover the extras that I'll need (as well as leaving me some actual Flagellants for a Witch Hunter warband), but I'm still going to be short a head and a flag. I've posted over in the Trading forums that I need one each of these, so if you have any spare could you let me know and I'll make a sacrifice to the Chaos Gods in your honour Wink
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 May 2015 - 14:53

Dark Souls:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150509_132033_zpsijkkl0ts

Brethren:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150509_132220_zpse1hujkzw

The Gang:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150509_134115_zpsnvoftljr

The start of my Reikland warband:

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150509_134745_zpsu66fcbif
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 May 2015 - 16:57

Although I rather liked the Old Brethren, the New Versions really look EXCELLENT, AND now you have a second War Band underway...that worked out well indeed. GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Sat 9 May 2015 - 19:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 May 2015 - 18:41

Yeah, I think the new ones look make the warband more cohesive.

I've also got a load of Skaven to build up as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 11:47

My first ever attempt with sculpting green stuff.  Extremely rough and needs lots more work, but this is the general look I'm going for for the Brethren hoods...

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150510_103258_zpshdjcsgeo

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150510_103305_zps5r064pzs

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150510_103511_zpsfod9jhlp
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 13:31

That's not bad at all. In this case, not smoothing out the rougher parts matches the ragged appearance of the Brethren. GOOD WORK!   thumbsup

Be aware, working with Green Stuff is addictive...very.   clown
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 13:32

Round 1, all done now need to wait until they dry and sand then down a bit.

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150510_122747_zpsjefowu0a
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 13:45

The hoods do add that certain touch of evil to the Gang. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 16:15

I've made a start on the Dark Souls. I've thinned the hoods since the photo as they seemed a little thick.

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150510_140547_zpsjip7kx0k
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2015 - 16:33

They are LOOKIN' GOOD; just make the edge a little sharper & you've got it. In addition to a unifying thing, the hoods add a little sinister touch to the Gang. SPLENDID PROGRESS!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jymmy
Champion
Champion
jymmy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 20:34

What about making the hoods more "pointy", I´m very sorry to say this, but now I can´t avoid seeing them as wigs

What about doing some more similar to these (for the brethen at least): http://www.tabletop-art.de/bilder/produkte/gross/Kultisten-Koepfe_b3.jpg
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 12:50

I'm hoping a paintjob will make them look more like hoods than wigs Smile I'll be undercoating them when I'm home on Friday and will try some earthy brown colours.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2015 - 17:29

The first of my Brethren and Dark Souls.  I've done a basecoat and inks to shade, I'll look at going back and doing some highlighting at a later date, I've got far too many to finish at the moment.  These also need a matt varnish to take the ink gloss sheen off them.  Oh, and I need to do the Dark Souls banner as well.

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150518_161943_zpsljklya8g
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2015 - 17:38

The Hoods & Hoodlums look SPLENDID painted up. Your metalwork is particularly striking. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2015 - 17:40

Simple but effective. The hoods look quite fitting when painted. I agree that some highlights would be in order. I would mix some beige/bone into the red so it doesn't get too pinkish or orange. Also, the right guy's face could use some attention.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2015 - 22:38

The gang almost complete, just need to tidy up a bit and varnish.  I also need to finish off the other flags, I've done one as a trial with a plain black flag.  Any ideas on an emblem I could use?

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150523_212054_zpsmhfm2u51

Oh, and I've also built three Beastmen, undercoated and ready to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2015 - 14:00

The gang is looking pretty good thumbsup

The hoods painted up nicely.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2015 - 13:05

The Forces of Unpleasantness never look SO GOOD! VERY WELL DONE!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2015 - 19:20

thumbsup

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2015 - 14:14

Awful photo but good enough to for you to get an idea, I'll have to spend some time on the weekend taking some better ones.  Once I've finished applying a matt varnish to the gang.

list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 IMG_20150618_1052041_zps4n7ow8l4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex   list - Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult Of Possessed starting models - need some advice for nex
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next