Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Orge butcher any idea's would be great

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vesia
Youngblood
Youngblood
vesia

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Empty
PostSubject: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 7:44

hellooooo people

so i have just joined up and this will be my first post... well second to tell the truth
so i am just starting up a mordheim campain for me and a few friest...ok all of them that i can trick in to playing BWHAHAAHAHAAhaha..ha
i get to games master it think of the story lines build the boards provide most of the models help convert my friends warbands yay for me i know i know
so one of the warbands is orges( from border town burning) and the one playing them, not i wishs for a magic user aka a butcher now i have looked around a little and only found the one from a early early ogre warband but it was kind of protype i think
SO down to the nitty gritty i made a prototype of my own and would like to put it out there for all of you great people to point out the flaws/help bring balance it so it can be a playable part of his warband yes i borrowed from the wfrb for the spell names/effects
150 gold crowns to hire
0-1butcher
M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld
6 3 2 4 4 3 2 2 7
Weapons/Armour:
Weapons/Armour: A butcher may be equipped with
weapons and equipment chosen from the Ogre butcher
list. Unlike other models Ogres don't have
free daggers, even though they might carry one
reserved for eating, the most sacred activity in their
life. Ogres never fight with daggers in close combat.

the butcher may pick from academic and strength skills

Gut Magic a butcher will always know bloodgruel as well as one spell from the gut magic list.

each time the butcher casts a spell he gains a number of indigestion tokens
these tokens increase the difficulty of any subsequent spell casts if he fails a spell cast he suffers a hit with a strength equal to the number of indigestion tokens
0. bloodgruel difficulty 3+ indigestion 0.the butcher uncorks a skin of sloshing liquid and gulps it down roll a dice on a 1-2 add a indigestion token on a 3-5 the butcher regains a wound and removes a indigestion token and on a 6 he regains a wound and removes two indigestion tokens.

1. spinemarrow difficulty 5+ indigestion 1. the butcher slurps the marrow from the spine of some unfortunate victim
if the warband takes a rout test must have 50% of their warband taken out of action before they need to take a rout test this spell last till the butcher is knocked down stunned or out of action .

2. bone cruncher difficulty 4+ indigestion 2. the butcher take a handful of bones and starts to munch them
pick one target with in 8 inchs causes 1d6 strength 2 hits that ignore armor saves.

3. bullgorgerdifficulty 3+ indigestion 2. the butcher takes a rotten heart from a dripping bag and swallows it whole
the butcher or one friendly ogre with in 8 inchs gains +1 strength until your next turn

4 brain eater difficulty 3+ indigestion 1. the butcher nibbles on a brain he pulled from somewhere
one enemy with in 8 inchs must take a panic test if they fail they must test each turn after this one as well until they pass.

5.Trollguts difficulty 5+ indigestion 3. the butcher fights down a bowl of still living troll intestine
the butcher or one friendly ogre model with in 6 inchs will ignore any wound they take on a roll of a 4+ each turn after the first the butcher adds one indigestion token and must roll over the number of tokens to maintain the spell the butcher may end the spell at any time.

6 the maw difficulty 7+ indigestion 4. In an frenzy of gorging the butcher grabs everything eatable he can reach shovels it in to his mouth
pick one target with in 12 inchs roll to hit the target if you hit the target takes d3 strength 5 hits and any models with in 1.1/2 inchs take a strength 4 hit if you miss the blast moves in a random direction by the amount you missed by any models hit half there movement next turn.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 8:48

I am no expert on Ogres, but I think one could maybe tone down the indigestion rules a bit to make them less convoluted. My first thought was that all spells are easier at first (lower difficulty 1 for all of them). For each subsequent spell cast, the difficulty goes up 1. On a miscast (double 1's on the cast roll), the Ogre not only fails to cast the spell, but the difficulty goes up 1 more. This way, the Butcher will be very powerful at first, but as the turns go, he will have a harder time to cast spells, due to indigestion. So the general feel of the butcher will be retained, but it will be less complicated. Seeing as the difficulty will go up after a few turns, maybe the starting difficulties for the spells should be even lower, maybe?

But that is just me, and I think the rules you made should work very well indeed too Smile
Back to top Go down
vesia
Youngblood
Youngblood
vesia

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 9:44

hmm so you feel?
Indigestion each time the butcher casts a spell the difficulty of his next spell goes up by one this effect is
cumulative
1. spinemarrow difficulty 4+ . the butcher slurps the marrow from the spine of some unfortunate victim
if the warband takes a rout test must have 50% of their warband taken out of action before they need to take a rout test this spell last till the butcher is knocked down stunned or out of action .

2. bone cruncher difficulty 3+ i. the butcher take a handful of bones and starts to munch them
pick one target with in 8 inchs causes 1d6 strength 2 hits that ignore armor saves.

3. bullgorgerdifficulty 2+ i. the butcher takes a rotten heart from a dripping bag and swallows it whole
the butcher or one friendly ogre with in 8 inchs gains +1 strength until your next turn

4 brain eater difficulty2+ . the butcher nibbles on a brain he pulled from somewhere
one enemy with in 8 inchs must take a panic test if they fail they must test each turn after this one as well until they pass.

5.Trollguts difficulty 4+ . the butcher fights down a bowl of still living troll intestine
the butcher or one friendly ogre model with in 6 inchs will ignore any wound they take on a roll of a 4+ each turn after the first the spell increases in difficulty to maintain by one
6 the maw difficulty 6+ . In an frenzy of gorging the butcher grabs everything eatable he can reach shovels it in to his mouth
pick one target with in 12 inchs roll to hit the target if you hit the target takes d3 strength 5 hits and any models with in 1.1/2 inchs take a strength 4 hit if you miss the blast moves in a random direction by the amount you missed by any models hit half there movement next turn.
it is a bit less all over the place true
you did not like the feel of the heh backfire?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 10:09

I do like the backfire aspect of it, but maybe one could simplify it a bit.

On a misfire, (double 1's) maybe he counts as being Knocked Down from throwing up?
Back to top Go down
vesia
Youngblood
Youngblood
vesia

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSat 6 Apr 2013 - 23:09

i like the clean up of the spells/Indigestion so far and thats just from one post from you
as for the backfire and this is just me clinging to the memory of eating a 2 day old enchilada
butt i feel there should be more a a sense of oohnoooooooooooo... maybe with out so much ooooo
though i remember plenty of oooooonoooooo
plus the danger is that the one throwing out the spells is not some crazed hermit
but a ogre with the stats to throw around his weight in combat though its less of a problem to start with
but as the campain goes it it might become telling i fear
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 6:32

Well, I hope it will work out. I like the Burcher magic style, O I would very much like to know what you decide on Smile
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 23:07

This is my Butcher from my own self mad balanced Ogre Warband:
Quote :
0-1 Ogre Butcher
100 gold crowns to hire

Young butchers are sent to Mordheim to learn the art of wyrdstone eating.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
6 3 2 4 4 2 3 2 7
Weapons/Armor: May be equipped with weapons & Armour from Ogre equipment list.
Special Rules: Huge & Wizard. A Butcher is a wizard and uses Gut Magic, see the Magic section for details. He may cast spells even while wearing Armour.
Food Preservation: The Butcher allows you to store up to 6 unused rations for later use. (See Glutony Speicl Ogre Rule)

Drawing on the great power of the maw, as he eats he unleashes its potent energy to destroy their foes. An Ogre Bucher starts with a randomly determined Spell from the list detailed below:

1 Bloodgruel

Difficulty:6 Restore the Butcher back to full wounds or Restore 1 wound to a single friendly model in base contract with the Butcher.

2 Braingobbler

Difficulty:7 All enemy model within 6" must pass a psychology test. If they fail they flee 2D6" away from the butcher.

3 Bullgorger

Difficulty:6 One friendly model within 8" & line of sight receives +1S. Beginning of your next turn roll D6, on a roll of a 1 the spell ceases.
4 Bonecrusher

Difficulty:7 Any one Enemy model within 12" and line of sight receives D6 S2 hits with no saves allowed of any kind.

5 Toothcracker

Difficulty:7 One friendly model within 8" & line of sight receives +1T. Beginning of your next turn roll D6, on 1 or 2 the spell ceases.

6 Trollguts

Difficulty:8 One friendly model within 6" gets regenerate! Allowing you to ignore a wound taken on a 4+. Beginning of your turn roll D6. On a roll of 1 or 2 the spell ceases.

• Only 2 Wounds is essential, otherwise he should cost 140+gc

He can only get Strength, Combat, & Ogre Special Skills. << This goes a long way to make a tough spell caster more balanced and fluffy

Spells are getting balanced ATM but I might increase one or two of their difficulties ... more playtesting required
Back to top Go down
vesia
Youngblood
Youngblood
vesia

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 10:00

i like how you made your butcher Thornz might steal a bit from you once i have time to digest the info
but for the Indigestion maybe
any spell that fails with a roll of a double knocks down as where his spells stand now
first turn is mostly not going to happen
second still probly not
third maaaaaaaaaybe
fourth could happen
5th likely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orge butcher any idea's would be great   Orge butcher any  idea's would be great Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orge butcher any idea's would be great
Page 1 of 1