Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Campain Possessed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 19:14

Hello guys,

Soon our new campain (+/- 12 players) will start off and i was wondering what kinda band i would pick. Last campin i played with my dwarfs. This time i think it would be a nice idea to go for the possessed. I already played a few testing matches. I think i kinda fount a good starting band for the campain now. We're using the standard mordheim rules and the town burning rules. also we have a few house rules .
One of them is that when a models had 2 1h weapons it has -1 to hit (just like Warhammer rules) but u can get a special skill that allows u to use 2 1h weapons with no penalty.

I really hope we're going to use the chaos rituals rule! that would be so sweet!

This is my band up til now:

MAGISTER 70g
- Mace 3g
Total: 73g

POSSESSED 90g
- Giant claw 50g (Rules says that the first mutation is normal price, 2e, 3e etc. are double the price)
- Extra arm 80g
- Scorpion tail 80g
Total: 300g

MUTANT 25g
- Giant claw 50g
- Mace 3g
Total: 78g

BEASTMAN 45g
- Mace 3g
Total: 48g

Total of full band: 499g

The reason why i chose for a expensive possessed is becouse i wanted to make him a treu killing marchine. he had M5 WS4 BS0 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD7 on his profile.
The GIANT CLAW gives him a +1A with +1S, the EXTRA ARM gives him +1A, the SCORPION TAIL gives him +1A with S5(if immun to poison S2). That means he has 5 attacks: 3A of S4, and 2A of S5.
In the testing battles i found out that it takes around 5-7 warriors to take him out of action.

The mutant had a GIANT CLAW that also gives him +1A of S5 and a mace. makes him kinda strong for a starting warrior.

Becouse i was kinda out of money I picked the beastman couse of his 2 wounds.

Thye only problem is that i have a low starting incom, so my mission is to buy a secont mutant with a GIANT CLAW as soon as possible so i wil have a extra exploration dice. After that i wil get around sinds i am used to have only 4 heroes with my dwarfs. I am gonna try to save money for a other expensive Possessed killing marchine later in the game.

If you guys got any tips let me know. maby ill change my starting band before the campain starts off. + i can post some updates of my band after every battle so you can see if it worked out of not.

Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 19:42

First off, Welcome to the forums.

As to help, your in the wrong section. This is the trading pit (trading minis) and not rules. So a Mod will be moving this soon.

As to rules.
The Giant Claw does not give a +1A in the way you think. It's not the best written rule but it's the same kind of +1A as putting a dagger/club/ext in your off hand gives. So is effectivly 50gc for a +1 strength on an attack.

For your mutant he will only be strength 4 not strength 5 with the claw.... Scorpion Tails are IMHO a much better investment in this case as immune to poison is something you don't see too much and not on the full warband.
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 20:08

Thanks a lot!

so i dont have to repost my topic in the right section?

but the discription of the claw says:
One of the mutant’s arms ends in a great, crab-like claw. He may carry no weapons in this arm, but gains an extra attack in hand-to-hand combat with a +1 Strength bonus.

What mutation would you suggest instead of the claw?

and do you have any tactics for me to go on?

Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 20:29

Not a problem.

I think a Mod will move it any time so shouldn't be a problem.

It also says "One of the mutant's arms" specifying an arm they already have.
Rule Book P. 19 wrote:
A warrior armed with two one-handed weapons may make 1 extra Attack with the additional weapon.
This rule is the one I'm talking about in how it works in relation to. The Claw in effect is a 50GC weapon with a +1 strength that you can arm a possessed with that can't be lost... but has to be gotten when you buy him.
I do think Great Claws are good on Possessed models just not Mutants as they are better served IMHO with a Scorpions Tail as they get a S5 attack (and extra on top of that) against most models. Considering they at best get S4 it's a stronger attack then they can muster normally.
The Scorpion Tail though isn't so good on a Possessed as it's a +1 Strength attack that once they gain a strength advancment is waisted and could end up as a weaker attack. Better IMHO to invest the +10 GC here for the claw (but have one less attack compaired to the tail) or even better +1 Arm (same cost as a tail) and gives still the +1 attack but not the +1 strength.... but if you gain that strength advancment your attacks all go to S5 (now tied with the tail) and thus you paid the same GC for an Attack that could end up as S2. Get strength again on a possessed and now you paid the same GC for a best case scenario -1S attacks on that "arm".

As to my strat for the possessed warband:
I like to get 1 Magister, 2 mutants, 1 Brotheren (cannon fodder) for the first game. Your Warband Rating is 40 with this set up and considering most warbands are looking at 90+ in starting raiting you will gain an advance on both mutants and the brotheren (if he survives that 33% chance of death).
Enter the first game, sacrifice the Brotheren and rout... maybe get a cheap kill if you can or grab an objective.
You now get the underdog bonus and have 3 dice to explore.
You have two options now.
Buy a nice big Possessed (like you have listed above in cost).... but only do this now if your Brotheren survived)
or
Wash and repeat (replacing the Brotheren if needed).
You again with this gain the underdog bonus (Mutants advance again).

This isn't a ton of fun for Possessed early but you gain levels fast for your Mutants and save up the gold for your powerful Possessed that you unleash on the world. After about 3-4 games with ok luck you can can unleash 2 Possessed with a few mutations and have a beastmen or a few Brotheren fodder to draw charges to allow your heavy hitters the charge where needed.
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 21:04

so in the starting battles you stay with 4 models unles you can buy an other one and stil get the underdog rule? and what kind of euipment do you recon on the models? and what mutations would you pick on the 2 mutants?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 21:17

Equipment light ealy on as I'm just throwing the Brotherin out there to die (so for him a club at most). The heroes also stay light till I'm ready to invest in the Possessed to start to fight.

And yes to be clear keep the underdog as long as I can (at least as long as I can stand to throw a brotheren away).

For the two mutants I get Scorpion Tail on one and the other an extra arm... though I admit with the exra arm situation I would go 2x extra arms for the tons of attacks but I forgot the rule that I could only get 2 weapons so in that build one arm is equiped with a fist or shield so not as good so I would probably go Scorpion Tail for both.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 5 Mar 2013 - 17:30

There you go. It's found it's new home in the Rules Section as if by magic...sort of. What a Face
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar 2013 - 10:45

I like ur tactics Very Happy so here i got the new band

MAGISTER 70
sword 10
mace 3

MUTANT 25
Scorpion tail 40
sword 10
mace 3

MUTANT 25
Scorpion tail 40
sword 10
mace 3

BRETHREN 25
mace 3

Total of 467gc

with the underdog rule in mind the advancing band looks nice to me

Can someone explain to me how the battle mage think works? and whitch skills i need to pick in order to let my magister become a good battle mage? i know he can wear armour but is that every think to become one?

:magister:
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar 2013 - 17:23

Your gold is off. It should be 267.

With your Magister a lot has to do with what spell you roll. But in most cases the leader wizard is not a good thing. Many Possessed spells are hard to pull off so you can't relly on them too much but you can use them in h2h.
You won't earn a ton of levels in ether regard for your Magister as he starts at 20 exp. So I tend to say "forget spells" and go for skills that are more likelly to be an advantage. With Combat, Academic, and Speed I would shoot for the skills that give me the best chance to win and that is Hunch and Tactition (both in Annual 2002)... these two "Leader Only" Academic skills allow you to redeploy and deploy models further onto the board. The advantage in deployment can not be underestimated and can win you games (and winning the game gains your leader more exp for more advances).
Step Aside and Dodge are both good 3rd and 4th choices (unless your cmpaing has little shooting then Dodge isn't needed).
If you started with a good spell and you think armour will be worth it (most likelly due to house rules) then Warrior Wizard wouldn't be bad but I would pass on armour unless it got some boost.

That gives you your first 3-5 skill advances and should get you well into a campaighn (as that means at best 12-21 exp so odds are this will cover you for at least 10 games).
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 8 Mar 2013 - 19:36

Cant wait for the campain starts! does any one els has any great tips/tactics what would suit my dark possessed band? im open to all tips!
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 9:22

Hail !

First, I ant to give you a link about Extra mutations & rules for the possessed. They are High quality so you may be interested...

Under Salvation from corruption entry : http://libermalefic.blogspot.ca/search/label/Rules

Also this (some rules in the other arcticle refers to things in that supp) : http://cianty.ashtonsanders.com/btb/home.html

Based with those rules, I'd go like this:

83 - Magister (Sword + Club)
140 - Possessed (Hulking Brute)
130 - Possessed (Extra arm)
91 - Mutant (Crystalline body + Mace + Mace)

444 Gold

I'd buy another mutant (with scorpion tail) as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:08

Hello all!

Finaly the first battle had been played.. It was me (cult of the possessed) against Beastman
As i have been adviced i wanted to  played very deffencive. But before we could start the battle i had to roll for a spell. I rolled spel 4.

"Lure of Chaos                                                                                                           Difficulty 9
The Chaos Mage calls upon the taint of chaos which exists in the inner soul of all living beings.

The spell has a range of 12" and must be cast on the closest enemy model. Roll a D6 and add the
Chaos Mage’s Leadership to the score. Then roll a D6 and add the target’s Leadership to the score.
If the Chaos Mage beats his opponent’s score he gains control of the model until the model passes
a Leadership test in his own recovery phase. The model may not commit suicide, but can attack
models on his own side, and will not fight warriors from the Chaos Mage’s warband. If he was
engaged in hand-to-hand combat with any warriors of the Chaos Mage’s warband, they will
immediately move 1" apart."

I was very happy with this spell because i can realy tease players with it and it can do a lot of damadge when you can control a strond model.

Turn 1
The battle started and the beastman advanced into my direction.

my turn!
I moved to a small building. I was planning to climb it the next turn so i might do some diving charges.

Turn 2
Beastman turn. They saw what i was planning and moved to encircle the building. they where still nog close enough to charge me.

My turn. I rolld a climb test and only my magister made it... so my mutants and Bretheren where standing in the corner if the half broken building. so my magister was on the first flour of the building and try'd to cast his new spel. i rolled a 11!!! i controlled his boss! but did no damadge at all!!

Turn 3
Beastman turn.  he recoverd his boss and completly encircled my building but did not charge... why?? i have no clue haha.

My turn. I took a climb test and with succes! (pfew! thought i was lost if they charged me. So my mutants also climbed. My magister faild hit spell. I kept my Bretheren downstairs and charged into a UN-GOR. did no damage at all...  

Turn 4
Beastman turn.
Two more beastman charged my brethren and did not kill him haha neighter did my Bretheren kill a beastman.  The beastman didn't try to climb because they thought i would do a diving charge or if only one beastman made a succesfull climb i would kill him with my two mutants and my magister.

So my turn again.
I tried my spell again with no luck. I felt quite save uo there and i was only waiting for my Bretheren to die so i could rout. My Bretheren attacked and did no harm tot he bestmans. Neighter did the beastmans.

Turn 5
Beastman turn
The beastman closed in to climb in the next turn. The two beastman that where in close combat with my Bretheren killed him.

My turn
I made a succesfull rout.

ADVANCES!!

All my models got 2 skills cause they were underdog.

Magister
+2 exp

Mutant
+2 exp advancement.
I rolled +1WS

Mutant
+2 exp advancement
I rolled a skill and send him to the shadow lord.
The shadow lord granted me a new mutation. A giant claw (he already had a scorpion tail)

Bretheren
+2 exp advancement
I rolled Lads Got Tallent on him.
I rolled again for a advancement and got a skill. so he made a little trip to the shadow lord and he was granted with a chaos armour +4 save!!

TRADING
I bought my new possessed with a giant class, extra arm and a scorpion tail.
I also bought a beastman with a mace.

I have 66 rating now and im playing against a elf player with a lot of bows he had 122 rating.
so im still underdog!!!

So far so good. Up to the mext battle next week.

Last edited by avarua on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:29

Congratz on your success so far. The Possessed can grow into a truly scary monster.
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:57

Von Kurst wrote:
Congratz on your success so far.  The Possessed can grow into a truly scary monster.
thx a lot! I did a few test battles before the campain and i think they are great in close combat! cant wait till the next battle haha
Back to top Go down
avarua
Warrior
Warrior
avarua

Personal Info

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:27

So last Friday was the second battle. I had to play against a shadow warrior band. the senario we rolled was Occupy. We set up the table so we had 3 buildings in the middel that we needed to occupy.
The winner needed to occupy more buildings than his opponent in 8 turns.

The shodow warriors rolled the highest so he was going to start the battle he deployed his 6 shadow warriors in 2-2-2 in the battle field.

Shadow warriors turn 1
He split his band in 3 and moved them towards the 3 buildings. His mage used his flying spel. This allowed him to fy 12". His mage flew to the 1st floor ofthe most right buildingand occupied it. His other model followed the mage.

Possessed turn 1
I split my band into 2 and moved for the most left and middel building. My magister, bretheren hero and my mutant 2 went for the middel building and my Possessed, mutant and beastmand went to the left building.
Right building occupied by SW

Shadow warriors turn 2
He moved his other part of his band to the most left building because he saw that i was going left. He left the middel building for what is was so that he would occupy the right and left building. His middle squad modes to the left building with the left squad.

Possessed turn 2
My beastman occupied the left building. My possessed and my mutant advanced to his left squad. My magister and his followers moved and occupied the middle building. I placed them all in hidden so the shadow warriors couldn't take a singel shot at me.
Left building occupied bij my beastman. SW occupied the right building

Shadow warriors turn 3
His left sqaud moved to a building next to the left building. One shadow warrior stept out of cover so he could take a shot at my mutant who was now visable for.. (i had to put hin deeper in the building... MEHH) BUT it did not matter because he missed his shot hehe. the other shadow warrior climbed into the building so he could take a few shots when i came out of my cover.

Possessed turn 3
I moved my magister squad into the middle building and failed all my Climbing tests accept for my mage. I use magis with no effect...
My Possessed and mutant charged the lone shadow warrior. Possessed took the shadow warrior OOA!
I occupied left and middel building. SW occupied right building

Shadow warrior turn 4.
The mage flew to my magister and charged him. The shadow warrior who followed the magister moved into shooting position next to the right building to take a few shots at my models who would maybe come out of cover. the middle squad halted a few inches away from the middel building and also took shooting positon to take shots at my possessed. He took a shot at my possessed with his shadow warrior near the left building (1st floor). He missed!! The combat with his mage and my magister was a big fail for us both.. non of us made a hit hahaha.

Possessed turn 4
I moved my possessed and mutant right under the shooting shadow warrior on the first floor. my other mutant and bretheren climbed up and stood ready to charge the mage.
Possessed occupied 2 buildings! SW nothing!

Shadow warriors turn 5
the shooting elf on the 1st floor ran away to the far end of the building cause he was scared my possessed would climb and kill him. His other warriors took new possition and one took a shot throug a door at my mutant but no wound. the combat with my magister and the mage was without hits as well.

Possessed turn 5
I charged my possessed into the SW who shot at my mutant. my mutant came behind.The other mutant and bretheren charged the mage. BATTLE!! because the SW had a spear he wounded my possessed before he could attack. 1 wound left for my possessed. Possessed and mutant didn't hurt the SW at all!! Magister, mutant bretheren and mage didnt wound each other at all.. stil didn't kiled the danm mage..
Possessed stil occupied the same buildings.

Shadow warriors turn 6
He charged his other shadow warriors into my mutant and took him OOA... His scared SW moved so he could shoot if i killed his SW. The mage felt the heat under his feet and flew away again. On the 3rd floor of the building that i occupied with my beastman.. So because 1 of my models and one of his.. ment that one of us needed one more model in that building to occupy it.. of kill the moddel occupying it. The combat with my possessed didn't end well for him. Possessed killed one more SW.

Possessed turn 6
I climbed down with my mutant to help my possessed. because i could't charge that turn i moved him as close as possible. My magister and bretheren stayed behind to guard the building.  My possessed stunned the SW.
Possessed occupied one building.

Shadow warriors turn 7
His sw who was stil standing next to the right building charged my possessed but did not harm him. Possessed smacked the SW and got him stunned. The shooting SW took a shot at my mutant and missed his shot!

Possessed turn 7
My mutant charged the stunned SW and took him OOA. The remaining SW attack took my possessed OOA with a critt... (NOoooooo the killing machine is dead...) So now there were only 3 shadow warriors left. Mage in the tall building with my beastman. 1 shooting SW in a other building(not a  objective building) and one standing face to face with my mutant.

Shadow warriors turn 8 (LAST TURN)
The SW face to face with my mutant ran!! right to the most right building witch was not jet occupied. So now we both got one building occupied and one building with one model of each side.. His shooting SW missed his shot at my mutant

Possessed turn 8
This was my final chance to win. I had to charge my mutant after the shadow warrior who ran to the right building and kill him or it. If i didn't.. it would be a draw... i just had to win this battle! so i charged!! because the SW had a spear... he attacked first.. and ofc.. he rolled a critt.. and yes.. my mutant died...  that was the end of this sad battle.. a lot of misses from both sides.. the dice gods were not overlooking our battle..

Battle ended up in a draw.. Shadow warriors occupied the right building. Possessed occupied the middel building. and the last building was occupied bij shadow warrior mage and my beastman..
so we both had only one building.. aarhhgg!!

INJURIES
Shadow warriors folled all full recoveries.
Possessed rolled:
Possessed a full recovery
Mutant(1) with extra arm a recovery but now i hate the model who took him OOA
Mutant(2) with the scorpion tail a recovery and he hates all shadow warriors!
So that didnt turn out so bad hehe

ADVANCES

Because i was underdog again, every model advanced!!

Magister: Magister whent on a trip to the shadow lord and got granted with a CHAOS ARMOUR!!!!!!

Possessed: Got +1str. made him a beter killing marchine hehe

Mutant(1): also when to the shadow lord and got granted a giant claw!!

Mutant(2): forgot his advancement Embarassed 

Bretheren hero: Rolled skill for him and got him step aside

Beastman: rolled +1 WS

TRADING

after the explorations i got a lot of gold and bought 2 more beastmans. i gave them all halberts. i gave my bretheren a shield so he got a +3 save now hehehe.

So now my warband is much stronger now im going to kill some goblins!!Campain Possessed 2194 

Next battle will be against a goblin warband with 16 models. Hope i can harvest some exp here with my hero's!

Hope i don't forget to make pictures next battle. that always makes the battle report much more fun to read.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitimeWed 9 Oct 2013 - 4:46

Congrats on the victory versus the Pointy Eared Ones. Hates elves I does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campain Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campain Possessed   Campain Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campain Possessed
Page 1 of 1