Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 7:04

Ahh I see. i've just read your battle reports and it sounds as loads of fun! Do you play once a week, and do you experience a lot of players don't show up for gaming night? How about battle ratio is that the same for every player and does location decide who plays who?
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 13:31

We play once a week. Usually we have only one or two missing, although I think I have lost one. He hasn't played in a month, which is never a good sign.

My pirates have both been busy, so they have gotten in fewer games and won fewer of those. As far as who plays who we have been pretty eclectic in our ways of deciding. Sometimes we just draw opponents and some people have made challenges.

Once an opponent is decided then the players work out which location they are fighting at. Some players are very into the campaign and some are just there to get a game in.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2015 - 22:55

Threadomancy!
I've gone through and updated all of the previously posted objectives today.

Here is the most recent version of the Let the Damned Burn! Objective path.

The Damned Shall Burn!
The Church Militant must be ever vigilant lest weaklings and heretics will destroy the faith. Nowhere is this more obvious than the Karibbean.

Warbands: Witch Hunters, Sisters of Sigmar, and Protectorate of Sigmar may choose this objective.

Objective progress
+1 Playing a Scenario. Whenever the warband plays a scenario it gets +1 CP.
+1 Winning a Scenario. If the warband won the battle, it gets +1 CP.
D3+1 Prizes Taken. Whenever the warband permanently captures a ship captained by Chaotics, Undead or warbands with the ‘Cult of the Celestial Canopy’ or ‘Silent Threat’ Objectives, it gets D3+1 CP. No points are earned for boats or rafts.
+1 False Priest Out Of Action. The warband gets +1 CP for taking the leader or Dramatis Personae of a Chaos (Marauders of Chaos, Beastmen, Carnival of Chaos, etc.) or Undead (The Undead, Restless Dead, etc.) warband or ‘Cult of the Celestial Canopy’ warband out of action.
+1 Slain Heretic. Whenever a Hero or Dramatis Personae of any Chaos, ‘Cult of the Celestial Canopy’ or Undead warband taken out of action by the warband dies permanently or is executed after a battle the warband gets +1 CP.  
+D3 Establishing the Temple.  The warband gets +D3 CP per temple for establishing a Temple in Port Sigmar and/or Torktuga.  The bonus may only be claimed twice (once for each town).
+1 Foiled Prophecy. The warband gets +1 CP for every Major Artifact of the Old Ones, Chaos or Undead it can remove from the Karibbean. Note that each bonus applies only once per artifact to a maximum of four.

Achievements

CP Achievement

5 Cleansing Flame: After capturing any hero or Dramatis Personae from choatic or undead warbands or a magic using hero from pirate or ‘Cult of the Celestial Canopy’ warbands, the Warband may execute the captured hero instead of ransoming or selling them to slavery. The warband Leader gains +1 experience.
10 Fearless of the Supernatural: All of the Heroes in the warband are immune to fear and all alone when facing supernatural creatures.
15 Web of Informants: The player may play the special scenario Hunt the Heretic in any Jungle, Town or Lost City location.
20 Power of the Inquisition: The Grand Inquisitor has taken notice of the warband’s successful endeavors. Willing to support his worthy servants he sends allies to aid the warband. The warband may now hire a Warrior Priest of Sigmar Hired Sword (see Town Cryer 28, page 20 [revised]) and/or a Witch Hunter Hired Sword (Nemesis Crown) for a hire fee and upkeep cost of 10 gold crowns.
25 Vision: The player may modify any one dice roll by +1/–1 during a battle, or alternatively during exploration.
30 Minions Defeated: The warband may now play the special scenario Scourge and Purge when they choose the locations Town or Lost City.
35 Protection of the Righteous.  The warband gains a 5+ save against any hostile magic cast upon it (heroes and henchmen only).  This includes spells with area effects and spells that affect the first model in range.
40 Confrontation of Evil. The warband may now play the Sunken Caverns scenario when they get to choose a location.  If the warband wins the scenario they have won the campaign.

Notes: After a couple campaigns I gave up on the Burn the Witch! scenario.  I also eliminated The Heist from being a warband special scenario as it seemed the Burn the Witch! objective had too many to choose from.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 10 Nov 2015 - 3:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Nov 2015 - 11:32

Sounds good. I look forward to what you have done to the rest of the achievements. Cianty, Werekin and others (StyrofoamKing?) put a lot of effort into their published suppliment materials for Mordhiem and that effort involves lots of play testing. You don't bother publishing anything formal but the rules that you develop (such as these) get a lot of play testing.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2015 - 3:56

Thanks RL.

I went back through the earlier posts and brought them up to date with how we are playing them in the current campaign.

As for publishing anything on the web, I find that very daunting. Nothing is ever finished. There is always some improvement that could be made. Or something that needs tweaking.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2015 - 10:57

Oh right. I know that you sometimes post rules (e.g. scenarios) in your Battle Reports. Do you know if all of the scenarios mentioned here have been posted at one time or another?
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Nov 2015 - 2:24

No they haven't. Indeed, a couple have never even been written let alone played. They will be adaptations rather than brand new scenarios, but The Journey Home (on ships) and The Sunken Caverns have never been needed in our campaigns.

My version of The Heist is included in the thread about the original scenario.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5740-the-heist

The scenario The Sea Wolves is posted in this thread--

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t2003-duel-on-the-high-seas-ship-battles-w-mordheim-rules

Most of the others should be able to be found in the online compilations like Mordheimer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives   Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyrates of the Karribean---Warband Objectives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2