Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Oi ! Oi ! Oi !

Go down 
+2
Theorox
oldschoolgameroo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 6:46

Ok, did a bit of fabricating. Still need to do some fill-ins, sculpting and what not but this is the base of it all. These were made from AoBR Orks. Let me know what you think:

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 248776aa
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 8389e321
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 42885932

This next guy I am a bit unsure about, the Ax head may be a bit big and I had to fill in a bit of his side and but where ammo packs were, but I am not overly concerned about that as that will be an easy fix:

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 12f2ba05
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 2499dfb2
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 62ce8731
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 11:41

I quite like the look of them. Smile The first one is fine, but the weapons of the second one are a bit off. No visible handle for the sword, and the axe head is too big and looks a bit wonky.

I also think you've converted the arms a bit and turned them back-to-front on both of their right arms? I don't know if it works, maybe trim the arm down to be a bit shorter?

Otherwise I really like how they're looking, are they gonna be your Big'Uns?

Theo
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 17:37

Theorox wrote:
I quite like the look of them. Smile The first one is fine, but the weapons of the second one are a bit off. No visible handle for the sword, and the axe head is too big and looks a bit wonky.

Yeah the hilt I forgot to add because I was tired. That will be fixed, as far as the ax goes, believe it or not it is the same size as the ax on the other guy, it just looks huge for some reason. I was thinking about trimming it back to where I have the 'fang' at the bottom. It will also be 'thickened' up a bit at the transitions. Was just trying to mock it up.

Quote :
I also think you've converted the arms a bit and turned them back-to-front on both of their right arms? I don't know if it works, maybe trim the arm down to be a bit shorter?

Yeah I was thinking that too for just the matter of getting through terrain and such. Not sure if I am that confident in my sculpting skills though. I will have to really plan the cut and sculpt before hand before I do something like that.

Quote :
Otherwise I really like how they're looking, are they gonna be your Big'Uns?

Theo

Exactly! Had a bunch of Orks that I hadn't touched from my AoBR set so I thought, "what the hell, lets make another Orc and Goblin Warband! I had originally gotten Grumlok and Gazbag for my Boss but am rethinkinh that as Gazbag makes the model incredibly tall but I just dont have the heart to cut him off the beautiful piece. So he may be used as an interrum until I get a new one.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 21:24

GOOD LOOKING START! The weapons might be a tad on the exaggerated side, but then most of G.W.'s weaponry tends to fall into the inflatable category. Keep up the GOOD WORK! What a Face
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 21:43

I think I've twigged why the Axe head on Big Un 2 looks larger - the haft of the weapon is quite a bit shorter than Big Un 1's axe, whi9ch is why it looks top-heavy in comparison to the stock AoBR axe.

Either case, a cool start to a suitably mean-looking bunch of greenskins, and it has reminded me that I have Orc(k) warbands to paint for both Mordheim and Gorkamorka, so cheers for the inspiration!

Keep up the good work and keep on sharing!
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 23:49

Thanks guys, tweaked the ax a bit (added a handle to the sword too):

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 68d0cc62
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! C63c71e0

Basic framework on the axe (beefed it up a bit), considering makin it orcy looking by glyphing it out. Still considering on whether to reposition the raised arms or not. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 5:51

Kinda hard to tell from these pics but found this realy simple tut on making flame. I used a couple of different apoxies on this just to get a feel out what works best. I actually think GS will be the best because it has a little bit of more 'rubbery' feel. I actually think what I had would be fine but the medium I used for the torch handle was giving me problems on it 'sticking'. Gonna wait till it hardens to give my final verdict though. Might end up redoing these as metal torches instead. Let me know what you think:

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Bfb95f31
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 3a495e1d
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 2a09fbc7
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:34

I vote for glyphing that baby out, helps break up the flat areas as well.

Cool little tut by the way, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:52

Those Weapons are Huge, but it is Orcs that is what they do they get the biggest thing they can swing and don't stop until everything is dead or they get distracted.

I would like to see these when they are done.

One of my favorite things to do is take 40K and Fantasy Orcs and Mix and Match. There is something kind of cool when you see 40K Ork with a Fantasy head, and Ax in one hand while he has some crazy gun in the other.
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012 - 20:36

5pointer wrote:
I vote for glyphing that baby out, helps break up the flat areas as well.

Cool little tut by the way, thanks for sharing!

Added a step by step tut on the flames here.

It also has some pics where I painted over it in liquid GS and drybrushed the tips so you can see the definition a bit better.
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012 - 6:14

Got my Gobbo Archers assembled:

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 2146929d
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! A8ed149f

And their bases are hardening up:
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 9591b0e0

I am thinking of adding a kooky Mordheim touch like Candles on their hats of something.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012 - 13:14

Now you're getting to the good stuff; Orcs may have a certain charm all their own, but Goblins are the coolest. Having done the "candle-on-the-head" schtick a few times myself, I can recommend it as an excellent comic touch...Goblins are great at adding a bit of humor/silliness to a War Band.
AND the bases look TERRIFIC! Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012 - 16:49

In a small, ramshackle house outside of the city, Grumlok was in a foul mood, "Why aint da boyz findin more of dat shiney rock all da 'ummies want!"

"Da gobbos are gripen dat dey can't see in da rubble good at night boss, wanna go in da day more boss," said one of Grumlok's Orcs.

"Dey can carry torches like all da utter Boyo'z, we go in da day and we get picked off left and da other left!" Grumlok was not afraid of a good scrappin but he was not stupid. If his Boyz went in the city durring the day, they would lose the element of surprise with their green skin standing out against the grey murky light and the brown and grey cityscape that was devoid of vegitation. All the 'ummies, dwarves, and what not would band together to hit his small band on one side and the chaos boyz and the walking bodies one the other just because they could. He was the most cunnin and that's why he was Da Boss and why he and his Boyo'z has lived so long.

"But Boss, dey can't shoot 'dere pointy sticks from 'dere bowz if dey are holdin torches," said on of his more stupid boyz who didn't know how bad Grumloks temper was.

"RRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH, " Grumlok screamed as the back of his hand connected with the small Orcs face, sending him flying across the room. He looked at the the offending speaker in rage, ready to pounce if the orc said one more word. He then notice the boyo smached into a candlabra left by the prior owners and candles had showered down on him covering him all over his body.

Grumlock stopped his rage and looked curiously and the young one. Orcs usually did not use candles as they were small and fragile like the races that used them and the only thing they were good for was the moldable and meltable wax for weapon hafts and sealing fire pots. He grinned ear to ear and said to another one of his Boyz, "Bring da runtz 'ere, I got a cunnin plan!"

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 842db900
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 71754033
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 1117cf6e
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 92d9e877
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 78f26918
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 71d81916
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr 2012 - 17:51

Please don't use garish colors for the text of a post. Reading should not be a painful experience. Suspect

The Goblins look suitably cool & silly adorned with their candles. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012 - 6:14

Yeah sorry about that, I just copied and pasted it from my other forum where that color actually makes it easier to read. won't happen again. Anyway added little licks of flame to the wicks and a few more drizzles of wax. Just letting that shrink and set so I can prime and start painting these guys so hopefully in the next few days I will have the gobbos done and the orcs ready to paint. Just realized I need bases for the boyz though as I only had the two 25 mm ones for the Big'Uns.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012 - 12:16

Don't worry about the color thingy...it gives me something to do. clown
Thanks for the flame tutorial; it's always cool to pick up a different approach...I use epoxy paste myself or hot glue for candle flames. What a Face
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 17:22

Started throwing paint on and I have to say these have been fun to do:

First up the over all look I will be going with:
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 1cc59eff

My favorite model out of the bunch:
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 0db38d0a

And the other 3 blokes:
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! E4e7585d
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 5e8cbb15
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Eb6e7b69
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 17:49

The Lads are LOOKIN' GOOD! I agree this edition of G.W.'s Goblins is one of the most enjoyable varieties of Goblins to paint, pose, & have fun with. You favorite Fellow is also one of mine; re, he is the silliest of the lot...he reminds me of Dwight Eisenhower gone cracked. Enjoy the painting & keep us posted. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 21:42

Been awhile gents! Sorry life has been very busy. Small update but more to come:

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! E9562fa8
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Dc71b54f
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 8e49e250
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Ca4c3919
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! E6f8c3c0
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! E39f92b9

Sad, have had the last week and a half on vacation and it has all spent doing work on my house and not my board or my warband.

The good news is, next week we will be getting a large influx of money which my wife has already promised me a small portion of it so I can (finally) build my wargame table which has already gotten me excited to start my terrain again.

On that note I have 7 buildings done and textured just waiting to be painted and several more cut just waiting to be assembled in which my little bro has promised to help in turn for me helping him build a Blood Bowl pitch.

On the Table now is some Big'Uns whose putty is drying about ready to be primed.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 23:04

An ABSOLUTELY great Orky solution to their problem! I love it. The Greenskins have always been a great source of fluff and fun backstory. Glad you're having fun with them, and can't wait to see how their 'Kunnin' Plan' works out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2012 - 23:21

The Lads turned out TERRIFIC; the occasional candle-on-the-head is one of my favorite fashion accents...only Goblins (& the occasional odd Mushroom) are cool enough to pull it off. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
CONGRATULATIONS on the forthcoming War Games Table AND a wife wise enough to see the need for one. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jun 2012 - 0:02

HEHE, thanks guys, the unhooded gobbos candle's flame kept falling off so I left it off as it went with the crazy dim look on his face!

And Nalla, as for a wise wife I totally agree What a Face

I am glad I have found one that is not only wise but understanding enough that my geek life style is what makes me me and not try to change me 'for the better' even though she looks at me like I am absolutely crazy when I get giddy over toy soldiers.

Basically I am just glad Love is blind geek
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2012 - 6:11

So got a good amount of work done tonight on my WIP Big'Uns:

Cleaver Orc
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! F0d9ed01
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Fd8772f2
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Eabae92c

Axe and Sword:
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Ae292488
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Aecc18ff
Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! 205dfa6b

Lemme know what you think?
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012 - 19:20

I like 'em! think they'll look great when they're finished. Smile

Theo
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012 - 22:25

I was surprised how nicely the large weapons look...GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oi ! Oi ! Oi !   Oi ! Oi ! Oi ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oi ! Oi ! Oi !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Painting and Modelling-
Jump to: