Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
2500kgm3
Hero
Hero
2500kgm3

Trading Reputation : 0

The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Empty
PostSubject: The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband   The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 23:34

Thanks to my university colleagues, and to break the monotony of my space marines, I have painted a Mordheim Warband in order to use it in campaigns and short games when there is no time for a full 40k game.

Among the many WFB armies, Skaven and lizardmen have always atracted me. Their miniatures have always looked horrible to me, however, specially skaven ones. And I have always refrained from buying any metal miniature. The new plastic miniatures, however, which are more "streamlined" and "cartoony" in a good way look great, so using these new sprues and ignoring any previous miniature, I have built a Skaven Warband.

My philosophy regarding the hobby is simple. If one of my miniatures is not painted and sealed, that model will not be put on a game table. Period. Due to that, I have built and painted a full skaven warband with six heroes, rat-ogre and thirteen henchmen. I have also sculpted three giant rats on my own, as I could need them for a spell, and two objective markers.

So here is a general view of my warband:

The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband 249320_sm-Mordheim%2C%20Skaven%2C%20Warband%2C%20Warhammer%20Fantasy

The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband 249321_sm-Mordheim%2C%20Skaven%2C%20Warband

The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband 249322_sm-Mordheim%2C%20Skaven%2C%20Warband
Back to top Go down
renfield286
Captain
Captain
renfield286

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband   The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 7:20

2500kgm3 wrote:
. Their miniatures have always looked horrible to me, however, specially skaven ones. And I have always refrained from buying any metal miniature. The new plastic miniatures, however, which are more "streamlined" and "cartoony" in a good way look great, so using these new sprues and ignoring any previous miniature, I have built a Skaven Warband.

Really? I always prefered the ones that came out around the same time as mordheim. although the new figures are slowly growing on me, I think they do go back to the "Hamster" fixed pose skaven.

Nice warband though.
Back to top Go down
http://renfieldin28mm.6sided.net/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband   The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 12:02

From what I can see the Rat Guys look to be VERY WELL DONE! Some close ups & individual photos would, I'm sure, confirm this opinion. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ed
Captain
Captain
Ed

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband   The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 14:42

Looks like an EPIC warband.
Would love some shots to show off the detail.
How sweet is that rat ogre!? I want one but don't want to buy that whole Fantasy box set.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband   The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011 - 15:17

Guys, if you double-click on the images, you get to where the pics are hosted on Dakka Dakka. There are close ups and even Zoom is enabled on some of the pics!

@2500kgm3: nice warband with a simple but efficient painting style. No matter which line of Skaven works better for someone, what I like about your warband is that you didn't mix these old and new models.
Wish I had your backbone for the hobby-philosophy of yours!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband   The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cheese Chasers Mordheim warband
Page 1 of 1