Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What are your building measurements ?

Go down 
+3
Saranor
FKSN
Dozer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dozer
Warrior
Warrior
Dozer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

What are your building measurements ? Empty
PostSubject: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2011 - 23:40

When I make my buildings I use the following measurements

Doors - 2 inches tall , 1 inch wide
Windows - 1 inch tall , 1 inch off the floor
Floors - 3 inches between each floor

The thing I really wonder about is the 3 inches between floors . I did this for playabillity , I was looking at ease of moving mini's around inside the buildings . Is this to much ? How do you measure your buildings ?
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 1:50

I keep my floors 2" high for regular houses. I just find it looks better. I try and vary my doors and windows, but keep them at a suitable height for mordheim miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 8:27

normaly I use 2 1/2" (6cm for the room and 1/2cm for the floorplate). That allows most of the models to wear their heads, helmet decoration etc. or the can hold their weapon up.

Most of the modells that doesn't fit in 2 1/2" wouldn't fit in 3", because they have spears, polearm or 2h-weapon whith they hold up in the sky...
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 10:38

We started with a standard 3" between floors but quite a few buildings in our collection have a bit more or less. 3" is about right though as its a good compromise between realism and playability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion
Alcaeus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 13:08

I usually try to give buildings a realistic size, but they tend to become too big then (like my latest building...). i tend to use a human mini to measure doors and windows etc, and something bigger like an orc for actual spacing inside.
Back to top Go down
Sircyn
Youngblood
Youngblood
Sircyn

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 13:43

My doors tend to be 2 inches tall by 1 1/2 and my floors 3 inches tall. I find this makes everything quite playable. It does result in some large buildings, but they look incredibly impressive for it and really show up the GW Fortified manor and Chapel as rather small and out of scale.

EDIT: And I always have an Empire soldier and an Ogre sized chappy on hand to quickly eye up how things look!
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitimeMon 5 Sep 2011 - 19:14

I make my doorways about 1"x2" I guess, I always put a 25x25mm base in the doorway and leave a bit of wiggle room. If the base doesn't fit, you can't get in! Very Happy

Floors? Varies a bit, I use a lot of home-cast plaster bricks, so I often just stack a few for a wall and add the floor to a good-looking level.

Theo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your building measurements ?   What are your building measurements ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your building measurements ?
Page 1 of 1